Jun 18, 2014
Williams Az.
Visit site
✟15,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello to all! I am hoping to hear your thoughts on something I have found.

I believe that the Seven Feasts, the Seven Parables of Christ, and the Seven Letters of Revelation, are all written to explain the same understanding.

If anyone wishes I can lay it all out, it's rather long however. So for now I'll share the overview.

The first feast requires the acceptance of the blood of the pure sacrifice to escape or be preserved from judgement.
Which was fulfilled by Christ on the first Feast day when he died.

The first letter dictated by Christ in revelation speaks of the people testing the false apostles, finding The Lord and accepting only Him. One of the keys to seeing the correlation to the Feasts and the Letters is the reward God gives to those who overcome the particular issue at hand. In the first letter, the reward for finding and accepting the one true God is everlasting life in His paradise.

The first parable is about how the Word is sown into many different kinds of people, but takes root only in those with good soil. Thus only in those in whom it takes root can it grow within them and ultimately lead them to bear fruit.

The second feast is about overcoming sin in our life, which is a life long process, and part of why that feast lasts seven days.
The third feast is about bearing fruit in ones spiritual walk, though it is only a small harvest.
The fourth feast is about bearing truly mature spiritual fruit and is a major harvest. In the fourth letter Christ tells us that He asks no more of us. I believe that is because the final three feasts are for Him to yet fulfill, thus He asks no more of us than what He Himself has fulfilled.

The fifth feast is about the rapture of those who walk with The Lord, before the tribulation really kicks off. The fifth letter is a warning to the supposed church who no longer resembles their former selves. The church today, I believe.

The sixth feast is symbolic of the judgement of mankind, and the sixth letter is written specifically to the Messianic Jews who are enduring through the tribulation.

The final feast is symbolic of Christ coming reign, and the seventh letter is A final warning to all of the world.

If you read the letters then the parables one at a time, taking into account the deeper meanings within the feasts, I'm sure you will see the correlation.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Feasts

1. Passover
  2. Unleavened Bread
  3. Firstfruits
  4. Shavuot
  5. Yom Teruah
  6. Yom Kippurim
  7. Sukkot
The Parables

1. The Sower (Matthew 13:1–9)
  2. The Tares (13:24–30)
  3. The Mustard Seed (13:31–32)
  4. The Leaven (13:33)
  5. The Hidden Treasure (13:44)
  6. The Pearl of Great Price (13:45–46)
  7. The Drag-net (13:47–50).

The Churches

1. Ephesus
  2. Smyrna
  3. Pergamos
  4. Thyatira
  5. Sardis
  6. Philadelphia
  7. Laodicea

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm a pretty up front cut and dry person. I believe the feast days are simply feast days. For example they are not prophetic. The parables of Jesus are just that: teaching stories. The seven churches of Revelation were seven literal churches, not periods of time or anything. Of course, a person might see similarities between a church in revelation and one's own church or something and be able to apply the lesson in that passage. That's kind of what it's all about. It's a lovely coincidence that the feasts and parables and churches are all in groups of seven. But that's all it is. It is my opinion that it is a big mistake to connect these three things just because they all are in groups of seven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

1.Spirit of the Lord
2.Spirit of wisdom
3.Spirit of understanding
4.Spirit of counsel
5.Spirit of might
6.Spirit of knowledge
7. fear of the Lord;

1.Ephesus(which means "desirable")
2.Smyrna(sweet smelling like myrrh)
3.Pergamos(elevated, or "exalted")
4.Thyatira(sacrifice of contrition" or " sweet savor of labor")
5.Sardis(renewal)
6.Philadelphia(brotherly love)
7.Laodicea(Judging the people)

1.Passover(Pesach)-Nisan 14-15
2.Unleavened Bread(Chag Hamotzi)-Nisan 15-22
3.First Fruits(Yom habikkurim)-Nisan 16-17
4.Pentecost(Shavu'ot)-Sivan 6-7
5.Trumpets(Yom Teru'ah)-Tishri 1
6.Atonement(Yom Kippur)-Tishri 10
7.Tabernacles(Sukkot)-Tishri 15-22

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm a pretty up front cut and dry person. I believe the feast days are simply feast days. For example they are not prophetic. The parables of Jesus are just that: teaching stories. The seven churches of Revelation were seven literal churches, not periods of time or anything. Of course, a person might see similarities between a church in revelation and one's own church or something and be able to apply the lesson in that passage. That's kind of what it's all about. It's a lovely coincidence that the feasts and parables and churches are all in groups of seven. But that's all it is. It is my opinion that it is a big mistake to connect these three things just because they all are in groups of seven.

You really don't think the Seven Feasts of the L-RD are showing us his redemptive plan? So I'm guessing you are more of a pes h a t kind a person?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You really don't think the Seven Feasts of the L-RD are showing us his redemptive plan? So I'm guessing you are more of a pes h a t kind a person?
Mostly, yes. I just like to read the text in the context that it exists, and draw what lessons from it that I can. I can see analogies and the like, but they are just symbols in my own head, not absolutes. To ascribe prophecy to a verse is a very serious matter and I am *very* reluctant to do so.

The thing about this "seven" thing is that it does the worst thing possible: it tries to find meaning from a non-contextual element of a passage. What I'm saying is that for example in the passage of the seven churches in Revelation, the fact that there are seven is of no significance. So why would you use seven as the binding element to other scriptural passages? It makes no sense and pulls it out of context. Any resulting understanding is going to be bizarre in my opinion. It is like connecting three passages that mention walking, or blue skies, or something equally incidental.

Even when you have significant words in common, you still have to filter for context. For example, You have virgin in Matthew's "a virgin shall conceive" and also in the parable of the virgins. Yet you don't wat to connect the two passages; in one the virgin is a literal historical virgin, and in the other they are allegorical.

Context is everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mostly, yes. I just like to read the text in the context that it exists, and draw what lessons from it that I can. I can see analogies and the like, but they are just symbols in my own head, not absolutes. To ascribe prophecy to a verse is a very serious matter and I am *very* reluctant to do so.

The thing about this "seven" thing is that it does the worst thing possible: it tries to find meaning from a non-contextual element of a passage. What I'm saying is that for example in the passage of the seven churches in Revelation, the fact that there are seven is of no significance. So why would you use seven as the binding element to other scriptural passages? It makes no sense and pulls it out of context. Any resulting understanding is going to be bizarre in my opinion. It is like connecting three passages that mention walking, or blue skies, or something equally incidental.

Even when you have significant words in common, you still have to filter for context. For example, You have virgin in Matthew's "a virgin shall conceive" and also in the parable of the virgins. Yet you don't wat to connect the two passages; in one the virgin is a literal historical virgin, and in the other they are allegorical.

Context is everything.
Ok, I think I get you, but what do you do with the book of Hebrews that basically says the feasts, the tabernacle, the parts of the tabernacle are all 'shadows of things to come'?

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Context is everything.
If you are the Temple. Maybe the 7 churches are your Candlestick?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok, I think I get you, but what do you do with the book of Hebrews that basically says the feasts, the tabernacle, the parts of the tabernacle are all 'shadows of things to come'?
It's been a long time. I'd have to read Hebrews again. Off the cuff, I don't think "shadows" necessarily means prophecies. I would say things like the animal sacrifices of the Jews were a shadow of Christ's sacrifice, and that sort of thing, where the context clearly gives a parallel. But the sacrifices were not prophecies.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was speaking more of the moedim, our dates with the L-RD, why one involves unleavened bread, another the firstfruits of the season, another a wave offering of two leavened loaves and the firstfruits of mid season. And here's a goodie, one appointment for the day of blowing which we've turned into the head of the year, then a day of atonement after all the daily sacrifices then five days later a week long party with the final harvest.

Sounds like a plan to me. ;)

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I was speaking more of the moedim, our dates with the L-RD, why one involves unleavened bread, another the firstfruits of the season, another a wave offering of two leavened loaves and the firstfruits of mid season. And here's a goodie, one appointment for the day of blowing which we've turned into the head of the year, then a day of atonement after all the daily sacrifices then five days later a week long party with the final harvest.

Sounds like a plan to me. ;)
All that is in Hebrews?????????? Can you show me where?

Upvote 0