Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Was the Pope wrong to slap the woman's hand? I mean, he did apologize, this sets the example...doesn't it?

Is the Papal "Pull" Infallible?

:holy:

Papal Infallibility is only taking place when the Bishop of Rome speaks with regard to faith and morals "Ex Cathedra" or 'from the chair of St.Peter.'
Only 2 Popes - in 2000 years of history - have spoken "Ex Cathedra", and both times was with regard to Mariology.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Papal Infallibility is only taking place when the Bishop of Rome speaks with regard to faith and morals "Ex Cathedra" or 'from the chair of St.Peter.'
Only 2 Popes - in 2000 years of history - have spoken "Ex Cathedra", and both times was with regard to Mariology.
Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I don't blame the old guy for slapping her hand but he apologized, he's the pope, Catholics should follow his example and allow woman to pull old people around.

• Haha
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thus, Popes have made many, many infallible pronouncements, without making ex cathedra statements, as head of the ordinary magisterium. Ordinatio Sacerdotalis is a good example of a definitive papal pronouncement that confirms or reaffirms a teaching of the ordinary and universal Magisterium.

The Pope and Infallibility

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I don't blame the old guy for slapping her hand but he apologized, he's the pope, Catholics should follow his example and allow woman to pull old people around.

I enjoyed your comment actually.
Do not swat at the gnat and swallow the camel though.
To worry about this issue with regard to the woman pulling his arm is the least of the Churches concern.
Christians are not obliged to follow the Bishop of Rome when he is in deep error almost constantly every time he opens his mouth.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I enjoyed your comment actually.
Do not swat at the gnat and swallow the camel though.
To worry about this issue with regard to the woman pulling his arm is the least of the Churches concern.
Christians are not obliged to follow the Bishop of Rome when he is in deep error almost constantly every time he opens his mouth.
How do you know when he is in error? Do you have to wait for another pope to tell you the previous pope made a mistake? Maybe you are displaying "rigidity"?

Pope denounces 'rigidity' as he warns of Christian decline

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How do you know when he is in error? Do you have to wait for another pope to tell you the previous pope made a mistake? Maybe you are displaying "rigidity"?

Pope denounces 'rigidity' as he warns of Christian decline

So it would be in the opposite direction, looking to what takes precedence. This is the way the Church has always functioned, when it comes to some Biblical passage or interpretation thereof we look to history. When we are checking to see if some comment made by the pope is congruent with the Faith we look to history. Always to history. So we are not waiting for a future Pope but looking to those that preceded him. And those that preceded him are in unanimous agreement that this pope ought to be held by the faithful as heretical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I dont know what your are supposing or asking ??
One must be subject to the Pope of Rome. How can you be subject to a heretic and not become one?

In other words, if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.

Yours,

jm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.