• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Panic attack

Be.still

May 24, 2018
Manila
✟16,314.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Im so afraid.. I cant even sleeo for 4 days last week.. until now im struggling with this feeling.. It is the worst kind of feeling.. Im afraid of dying.. I have hot flashes..my teeth are chattering.. my hands and feet feels weak.. I have headache.. stomach upset.. and now I'm afraid of not being able to sleep again.. and lastly I know I am saved I do accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Saviour here in my heart but why is it that I do need assurance.. I'm scared of dying and I'm scared of the life after death I'm asking what if I know myself that I'm saved but the truth is I'm not saved and I'm going to hell... I told God that I have repented my sons and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.. I am not like this before.. but when the doctor diagnosed that I have an anxiety disorder.. I become fearful.. need assurance .. fear of dying... I'm always crying of this situation I want to be free from this feeling.. I'm asking God to heal me completely because I know no one can do it.. but Him.. by His mighty power i know He can please pray for me.. when my human nature feel the physical symptoms.. I feel so afraid.. is there anyone who feel the same situation.. or the physical symptoms...

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are in my prayers. Jesus can heal you from this, it will be in His timing. Don’t loose hope, you will make it through this time in your life, are not alone. I began having episodes where I’ll be laying on the couch watching tv and then all of a sudden my breathing feels off, my heart starts racing, my hands sweat and tingle, my lips tingle and shake, my feet tingle, and I feel like I’m going to pass out. I know it’s the enemy trying to get me to fear and worry. I get scared to even go places for fun because I’m afraid an attack will happen while I’m out. When we were visiting Disneyland in California, an attack happened to me it was the first one I thought I was dying. That really scared me and ruined our vacation. I get scared that it will strike when I’m having fun. This is not how God wants us to live, read Jeremiah 29:11. It’s a process but I’m working on trusting God and just letting the attack happen and I pray they stop happening. I understand what you are going through and I am here for you!

Sincerely,

Anna

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have felt as you described. I’m still battling feeling like this also.
I try and read my bible, a little bit at a time.
It helps.
Try not to read too much at once.
Let it digest, if that makes sense.
Ask for mercy and discernment.
I always tell myself it’s a walk with the Lord, not a race.
You’re not alone.

Upvote 0