Pakistani Mobs Attack Christian Communities and Burn Churches Over Blasphemy Accusations

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Up to 15 church buildings have been desecrated, hundreds of Christian homes destroyed, and thousands of Christians have been forced to flee because of the attacks

Several mobs attacked Christian communities and set fire to several churches on Wednesday in the town of Jaranwala, in Pakistan’s Faisalabad district, after two Christians were accused of defiling the Quran.

Up to 15 church buildings have been desecrated, hundreds of Christian homes destroyed, and thousands of Christians have been forced to flee because of the attacks, according to a Wednesday statement by Maria Lozano, head of press for the Catholic relief group Aid to the Church in Need International (ACN).

The violence and destruction broke out in Jaranwala after local Christians Rocky Masih and Raja Masih were accused of disparaging the Quran, which constitutes blasphemy in Pakistan, punishable by life in prison.

Hundreds of Muslims attacked the Christianity community in Jaranwala, apparently spurred on by Islamic leaders’ broadcast over mosque loudspeakers, according to religious-rights group Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW).

Continued below.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Kylie eleison!

Sadly the persecution of Pakistani Christians has been unceasing for the past two decades or so, and is largely being ignored by Western powers.

I wish I could say India was a potential safe haven for Pakistani Catholics but unfortunately under the BJP its not. Did you all hear about the horrific incident in the past few years where an elderly nun in New Delhi was raped?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Kylie eleison!

Sadly the persecution of Pakistani Christians has been unceasing for the past two decades or so, and is largely being ignored by Western powers.

I wish I could say India was a potential safe haven for Pakistani Catholics but unfortunately under the BJP its not. Did you all hear about the horrific incident in the past few years where an elderly nun in New Delhi was raped?
that's terrible ! Kyrie eleison :( +

Upvote 0