• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Overcoming masturbation & homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2010
✟8,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi to all who are reading this. My name is Daniel, I'm 15 years old struggling with homosexual thoughts. Ever since I was little, like as far as in the fourth grade, I was always attracted to guys and never really had any desire for women. Once I hit puberty my attraction towards men sky rocketed and I started o touch and I ended up becoming addicted to it but thank God I stopped. I started looking at gay inappropriate contentography ever since I was 10-12 years old and as I got older I viewed it more and more and more. Last Saturday I rededicated my life wholeheartedly to Jesus Christ and I haven't masturbated or looked at gay inappropriate content since. As of now I still have these homosexual thoughts racing through my mind. I mean, thank God I am now attracted to women and thank God I now desire to be with one, but I still cannot completely get rid of all these homosexual thoughts. I pray to God to deliver me from homosexuality and the addiction to masturbation, i rebuke all those homosexual thoughts in Jesus name, yet why haven't I been completely delivered from them? It's also a struggle to also overcome the addiction of masturbation. I just really need your help on this my fellow Christians. I ask that any of you reading this please pray for me to overcome homosexuality and this addiction to masturbation. Thank you and God bless you all!

The-Prodigal-Son

Nov 9, 2010
✟7,653.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hi Danny

You obviously started masturbating early due to having access to the internet? I'm assuming now even at the young age of 15, you probably have viewed everything that could possibly be viewed related to homosexual sex? so you know what it's all about?

I hope at this stage in your journey you've only viewed and not participated. If you've never been with another guy, keep hold of that, GOD will help it stay that way.

The internet Danny is going to be a massive problem because you'll be able to view gay inappropriate content at any time and it's going to lead you to touch. The addiction is there because the images are easy to access them. The more you view it, the more you'll do it!

Even with masturbation, you can get fed up with it, as with viewing gay inappropriate content. But just like the dog returning to his vomit, the same with you. Just make sure your not in that 'mood' at the moment, of simply being fed up with masturbating. Place a picture of Jesus near your computer and focus on that picture when your on the internet, if you associate your computer with it being a means of material to touch with, re-install windows and over write everything that was there before. Start again, afresh, a new copy, a new you, and use the computer for other purposes that what your using it for now

Danny, your only 15, do you go out in your free time with friends? you need to occupy your mind with other things. Even as a gay man I can see the beauty in women and see why GOD made man to be with a women.

Tell GOD everything, he knows you, no matter how dirty or filthy you think what you've done get used to talking to GOD about it, the strength comes from you being truthful to GOD.

Just plod along now, don't let this become the centre of your life, have some fun with friends your age (including girls) and see if things start changing in your life.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not alone in this, but you can rise above it (though the thoughts may still persist). Remember that one can be effeminate without being homosexual. I am a retired social worker and have knowledge of the problem. Look up always!

- 1 Watchman

Upvote 0
R

Robin Shawn

Hello Daniel. Gold and silver are tested by the fire; likewise, I believe, God is testing you. Make Him proud and obey Him, keeping yourself without spot from the world, pure and holy, as He is pure and holy.

It is possible to overcome homosexuality, as Paul mentions some did in the New Testament. Fear God and obey Him. Fear of God is something that we can choose, and is the beginning of wisdom. You will still be tempted, but you are still young, and it is better to deal with this before you get older, when it will be much more difficult for you. Your sin will destroy you if you don't overcome it, but 1 John 5:4 tells us that what is born of God overcomes the world.

God wants you to learn to keep yourself in holiness from sexual immorality and from this world. Obey Him and you will have a good life.

I will pray for you.

Fight the good fight.

Shawn

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2009
Ohio
✟15,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Daniel! I'm so glad to hear that you've rededicated your life to Christ, and that you're taking steps to get inappropriate contentography out of your life. :)

I will certainly pray for you. And please don't be discouraged - being close to God doesn't mean that we will be freed from temptation. You may continue to experience homosexual urges, but they do NOT define you as a person (the only label that does is CHRISTIAN). And you may still desire to use inappropriate contentography - but the more you say 'no' to that temptation, the less control it will have over your mind.

Keep staying close to God no matter what - He loves you immensely!

Your sister in Christ,
Jess

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi to all who are reading this. My name is Daniel, I'm 15 years old struggling with homosexual thoughts. Ever since I was little, like as far as in the fourth grade, I was always attracted to guys and never really had any desire for women. Once I hit puberty my attraction towards men sky rocketed and I started o touch and I ended up becoming addicted to it but thank God I stopped. I started looking at gay inappropriate contentography ever since I was 10-12 years old and as I got older I viewed it more and more and more. Last Saturday I rededicated my life wholeheartedly to Jesus Christ and I haven't masturbated or looked at gay inappropriate content since. As of now I still have these homosexual thoughts racing through my mind. I mean, thank God I am now attracted to women and thank God I now desire to be with one, but I still cannot completely get rid of all these homosexual thoughts. I pray to God to deliver me from homosexuality and the addiction to masturbation, i rebuke all those homosexual thoughts in Jesus name, yet why haven't I been completely delivered from them? It's also a struggle to also overcome the addiction of masturbation. I just really need your help on this my fellow Christians. I ask that any of you reading this please pray for me to overcome homosexuality and this addiction to masturbation. Thank you and God bless you all!

My brother. Keep fighting the good fight of faith. One day, when you finally overcome this you will do wonders for our Lord Jesus Christ and you will be able to reach out to so many people who face this same kind of problems. I thank God that he has begun working in you and helping you to overcome. I am happy for you. There are people that you can and will be able to reach that I just won't be able to because I have never been there. God sometimes allows us to go through certain things so that he can one say use us mightily for his cause. Put your hands in God's and he will work wonders in your life and through you, work wonders in the life of others.

Upvote 0

truthseeking

Jan 16, 2011
✟15,145.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
AU-Liberals
Young Christian Brother, I believe that you will overcome your <staff edit> homosexual desires and have a beautiful sacred wife in Christs name. It is <staff edit> the great accuser (satan) who is tempting you with sodomy. Please stay true and <staff edit> fight satan's temptation of the male flesh <staff edit>.
<staff edit> God bless and I will pray for you to have a <staff edit> transformation <staff edit> to Christian and Godly values.
Amen

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

levis143

Feb 6, 2011
✟7,626.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Good day, you are not alone in your struggle with sexual lusts. All of us who have sinful nature (or what the Bible called 'Flesh') are experiencing the same. The big difference between Christians and non-Christians is that Christians have Christ in their hearts and there is the provision of power to overcome and put to death all these sexual evil lusts and all other sins that resides inside us. The non-Christians do not have the Spirit of God living in them, that's why sin mastered them and committing all these wicked and sinful acts are natural things for them as eating or breathinig. The Book of Romans is the very clear explanation and definition of what Christian life really is. I suggest that you read this epistle many times, so you will understand that as Christians we have daily struggles against sin and temptations, but god provided us the provision of power and victory in the Person of the Holy Spirit who lives in us and empower us to live a holy life everyday.

One thing more, our mind is like a storage, or like a hard disk of a computer. Whatever we store in our mind will eventually dominate our thoughts and actions. If we fill our minds with garbage, like inappropriate contentography in the internet, foul conversations with unbelievers, listening to worldly songs from worldly singers, then we will easily fall into temptations and sin. But if we fill our minds with the Word of God, meditate on it day and night, pray every moment of everyday, and sings songs of praise as the Holy Spirit prompts us any moment of every day, then we will eventually become like Christ, holy and pleasing to God.... Praise God, let us walk in the path of Christ in righteousness and holiness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OBEY

Joel
Oct 4, 2004
North Carolina
✟1,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Danny, first of all, you've already made a great step in the right direction by being open with your stuggles. Satan tries to keep our sins in the dark, but just know that you are not alone in your fight. My suggestion is to go outside or find more hobbies that keep you away from the computer when you feel tempted to look at inappropriate content. I know it's tough. Lust is definitely a big issue, it's something I struggle with as well. I'll be praying for you, brother!

-Joel

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Danny, can I ask you not to focus on your sin as that is not the problem. It is only the fruit of the root.

Behind all homosexuality is rejection. That is the problem. Homosexuality is a way of compensating for it. In all probability you felt rejected by your father if you had one.

In all probability, you are tempted when you feel rejcted or lonely. The key to the situation is acceptance, by Christ and by people.

You need lots of hugs and to hug to find out that love doesn't need sex.

If it was your father that rejected you, you need to forgive him. If it was not him, find out what caused the rejection and forgive the person behind it.

if at all possible, go and tell the person you felt rejected by them and what you do to compensate (they may not be aware of the fact). Tell them that you forgive them, even if they reject what you say and ask them if you can give them a hug.

Even if it does not change the person, it will bring cleansing to you.

If you can, find a buddy who will accept you unconditionally and give you lots of encouragment, time and most importantly, hugs. Its OK to shed a few tears with him if you need to.

Most of all remember that God loves us not because we are good. He loves us while we are yet sinners so perfection is a work of the4 Holy Spirt, not a work of Danny. :clap:

Upvote 0

Divinah

Jul 11, 2006
Bakersfield, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I see so many people struggle with 'whatever' sexual issues. I would first say that I have been abstinant six years. Which is unthinkable for a person with my history. I'm hetero.

I have found the ansitance/celibacy to be a necessary part of my walk with God (maybe not for this long...but :) here I am).

I think if we omit the idea of 'sexuality'...homo vs. hetero and just concentrate on OUR PURITY being a necessary part of our walk with Christ it would be much easier.

I'm sure it's very difficult at your age and YES, witch the flippin media opporunities these days!
But please persevere...I think that when I felt at my most insane with it and laid the anger and frustration and 'inability to carry out on my own' before GOD is when I was delivered of the overwhelming urges. I've learned in Christ...if we just press on a 'little' futher than what we think is all we can do...HE honors that offering of perseverence and meets us there. PRAISE GOD.

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2010
✟8,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi to everyone... I just wanna say thanks for the responses I appreciate it very much and I thank God I found this forum with all you guys in it...

My struggle has been tough and it gets hard for me to deal with the thoughts at times... Sometimes it frustrates and at other times I don't even feel attracted to guys at all....

Recently I was looking up possible causes for homosexuality and I came to this conclusion:

1. I never FEEL the love from my Dad. Don't get me wrong he's an awesome dad and he a great caring father who always shows his love for me but I never feel it. I mean, we don't really hug, we don't say I love you to eachother, he's not the bonding type of dad...
So maybe this caused me to search for the WRONG kind of love.

2. Ever since I was little I always felt uncomfortable and out of place with my male peers. I never felt like I fit in...
Maybe that caused to search for the wrong kind of attention and acceptance...

<staff edit>
So...I hope to hear from you all..
God bless you.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 11, 2010
✟8,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi to everyone... I just wanna say thanks for the responses I appreciate it very much and I thank God I found this forum with all you guys in it...

My struggle has been tough and it gets hard for me to deal with the thoughts at times... Sometimes it frustrates and at other times I don't even feel attracted to guys at all....

Recently I was looking up possible causes for homosexuality and I came to this conclusion:

1. I never FEEL the love from my Dad. Don't get me wrong he's an awesome dad and he a great caring father who always shows his love for me but I never feel it. I mean, we don't really hug, we don't say I love you to eachother, he's not the bonding type of dad...
So maybe this caused me to search for the WRONG kind of love.

2. Ever since I was little I always felt uncomfortable and out of place with my male peers. I never felt like I fit in...
Maybe that caused to search for the wrong kind of attention and acceptance...

<staff edit>
Thank you and God bless you all...

Upvote 0

sphsjags

Knows where Mars is...
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2008
Hoover/Spanish Fort, AL
✟51,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I went 14 months and 10 days without masturbating, between senior year of high school and freshman year of college. The reason I started again is because I had proved to others, and myself that I can do without it. Why I started again, I don't know. The only side effect of stopping was a wet dream on the 14th of every month, like clockwork. You can stop. I believe in you.

Upvote 0

19hayden95

Apr 11, 2011
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok so like I'm really new at this. But any how I have been struggling with Homosexuality. I have kinda have had sex with another guy. And to tell you the truth I have never told any body about it and my struggles. Like I have looked at gay inappropriate content before and I truly am ebarassed and am shamed about it. I hate how i feel and I'm a Christian. I have known God for a long time. Can I tell you guys my testimony? Well I'm 15 now and like when i was 7-8 i was really curious and kinda fascinated with the male butt and would do anything to see it. Well any how this was a deep dark secret of mine and i really didn't let any body know but any how a lets just say i fooled around a little bit with other young boys. When i was 9 my mom commited sucide and shortly after this i started to fool around a lot more. so from that point till i was nine me and this other kid just touched each other and played truth or dare. when i was 11 ish i started to look at inappropriate content of course gay. and didn't really get the whole concept of masturbating. but after a little while when i just turned 13 i figured it out and have been doing it ever since and looking at inappropriate content. which has led to having sex with a guy. which i am trully regretful for. this past 1/2 year i have been trying to stop but i am to scared to tell some one about it. but i just found you guys and thought you guys could help by praying for me and keeping kind of accountible I really need help i don't want to grow up to be a homosexual i want to live for God but i am haveing lots of problems please help i could really use the prayers and bible versus.
I need help 19hayden95

Upvote 0

mil06

Feb 3, 2013
✟7,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow, cant believe a forum exists for this kind of thing, or that Im not alone.
Been a Christian for a lil now and I cant tell you how disgusting I feel after I do stuff, I have NEVER been with a guy, and NEVER plan to, but these thoughts keep coming back over and over all the time, I want so much to beat this, and at first I tried on my own, only to fail miserably, even to the point I stopped attending church, nothing worse than a new Christian not attending or praying to the Father, anyway, Im a hypocrite cause the thoughts just keep coming back, I dont act on them, and wont either, but I want so much for these thoughts to be gone and to be able to pray to God without crying like a baby cause in the end, I am failing him.

Upvote 0

saris

Mar 19, 2013
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

You're 15! You're going to struggle with all sorts of sexual thoughts. Do not give into them, but, do not automatically assume you are homosexual either.

It's quite normal for young people to be sexually confused, your hormones are in over-drive.

You probably get erections over nothing, something and something you've never consciously thought of, but, don't get down on yourself! Just remember that you're still in the puberty phase... and those hormones are going nuts.

As for your addiction to masturbation - you NEED less stimuli, try to install a filter on your PC.

What you are feeling is not wrong, but, unlike most of human history... you now have instant access (for as long as you want) to sexual images/videos... and over-stimulation can really, really messy up your brain.

And you started looking at inappropriate content ... young... really young, so...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.