• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Overcoming masturbation & homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedGod

Mar 27, 2013
✟7,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello Danny, I am not Gay, but I went through inappropriate content addiction! I was recently released from my bondage a few weeks ago, I now don't have an urge to touch at all. I still struggle with lust and but it has been tamed allot. I want you to recover Danny and I am happy you are fighting this and not on the other end accepting it and trying to popularize it as well. Amen for that! Just think you could be a very important piece on the fight against the acceptance of homosexuality, you have confessed it as a sin and now you must stay strong and endure until the Lord returns which is soon or until he works a miracle in your life. Pray every day and hold stead fast my friend! Do you have the Holy Spirit? This is so important and with out the Holy Spirit you won't go far. I will be praying for you my friend!

Dave,

Upvote 0

Caleb of Judah

May 25, 2013
✟7,612.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
WE ARE ALL AT WAR with our sinful nature DAILY as long as we are here on earth. But I just want to share what the apostle Paul had to say about our fleshly struggles in Romans 8:5-8 -

"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of a sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE and PEACE; the SINFUL MIND IS HOSTILE TO GOD. It DOES NOT SUBMIT TO GOD'S LAW, NOR CAN IT DO SO. THOSE CONTROLLED BY THE SINFUL NATURE CANNOT PLEASE GOD."

This words, I believe, with the help of the Holy Spirit, will suffice to be used as a principle in dealing with sin.

And here are some of my practical advises for you my younger brother in Christ. I came up with this techniques over years of trying to master my flesh which is still ongoing and getting tougher. =)

1. Do not allow yourself to be alone in one place which might give you an opportunity to be tempted. You are inviting temptation if you do so.

2. Hang out with Christian friends more often. A sheep who deliberately stays away from the flock is the wolf's (devil) favorite target.

3. If possible, try to participate in youth gatherings or activities or even commit in any ministry you find yourself fit in your local church. Keep yourself busy for the Lord.

4. When provocative moments come, try to divert your attention into somethings else that will remind you of your goal to overcome this battle. Josh McDowell usually change one button of his shirt into a different color to remind himself that he is to make a difference in this world of indifference.

Finally, the more you climb up to the ladder of righteousness, the more vulnerable you will become from the searing arrows of the enemy. It's gonna get tougher as you press on but always remember that you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship (Romans 8:15) - that you are a son of a victorious King who has overcome sin and death.

Greetings from the Philippines!

Jeremiah

Upvote 0

nf1993

Aug 16, 2013
✟7,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am also struggling with this kind of problem like daniel.. my brothers and sisters in Christ please help me to pray, because i want to be set free from this kind of spirit.. nobody knows that i am struggling in this spirit of homosexuality. only me and my Savior Jesus Christ knows this.. please please pray for me.. i need all your prayers now, I am now 20 and also a christian ..

Upvote 0

Stratocaster77

Oct 19, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive been struggling recently with homosexual thoughts to. I have watched gay inappropriate content casually for a while.. I would say maybe around once a year, but it always felt gross and I never had a strong homosexual desire.

I went away to school and when I came back I felt like everyone was looking at me like I was gay, waiting for me to "come out" when I didnt really feel I was gay at all.

I've been studying this stuff relatively frequently and Im seeing a lot about the causes of homosexuality really being an outward projection of lack of acceptance from male figures in your life. I feel as if that may be what I am experiencing now.

I am 22 years old, am wondering if anyone can shed some light on their experiences with this kind of thing.... Don't really feel like I am homosexual but definietly need to overcome my own insecurity and get me head back on right... Looking for advice or anything on the sort, especially when being in public situations and the topic of homosexuality comes home... I usually get red in the face or uncomfortable

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.