Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From your DailyWire article, the problem is not with the DNC, but with Milwaukee's policies on teargas and pepper spray.

And, speaking of karma biting national conventions, the part of the RNC convention scheduled to be held in Jacksonville, Florida because Donald was mad at Charlotte, NC for being unable to promise lifting Covid-19 restrictions, has now been cancelled because of Covid-19 spiking dangerously high in Florida. Ouch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From your DailyWire article, the problem is not with the DNC, but with Milwaukee's policies on teargas and pepper spray.
We'll see what happens.

I just find it interesting that while Democrats want to defund police they simultaneously also want police to protect them personally ... despite having so handicapped law enforcement that law enforcement personnel cannot do their jobs.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
more than 100 law enforcement agencies

Dear room, please meet mr elephant. More than 100 law enforcement agencies. Including, I learned recently, an entire police force for parks. The US certainly appears to be in a state of police.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Dear room, please meet mr elephant. More than 100 law enforcement agencies. Including, I learned recently, an entire police force for parks. The US certainly appears to be in a state of police.

It's actually really hard to tell just how heavily policed the US is. Or, at least to pin down the number of full time sworn in officers (ie, carry badge and gun and can arrest people) that the various federal, state and local law enforcement agencies employ.

For example, DoJ statistics for 2012 have the total full time sworn in LEO population in 2012 at just over 751,000. FBI UCR data for the same year has LEOs at just under 670,000. The US BLS data has sworn LEOs at 823,000.

That's a variation of more than 150,000 officers!

And, none of the above include things like corrections officers, baliffs and jailers, of which there were another 450,000 to 500,000.

And, it also gets even more murky when you look at various federal agencies and how many of their personnel may or may not be recorded in the statistics. If you add all these up, there may be somewhere north of 1 million sworn LEOs in the US.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's actually really hard to tell just how heavily policed the US is. Or, at least to pin down the number of full time sworn in officers (ie, carry badge and gun and can arrest people) that the various federal, state and local law enforcement agencies employ.

For example, DoJ statistics for 2012 have the total full time sworn in LEO population in 2012 at just over 751,000. FBI UCR data for the same year has LEOs at just under 670,000. The US BLS data has sworn LEOs at 823,000.

That's a variation of more than 150,000 officers!

And, none of the above include things like corrections officers, baliffs and jailers, of which there were another 450,000 to 500,000.

And, it also gets even more murky when you look at various federal agencies and how many of their personnel may or may not be recorded in the statistics. If you add all these up, there may be somewhere north of 1 million sworn LEOs in the US.

I find the number of agencies perplexing. Is there really a need for over 100 of them? Why would any country need park police?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
We'll see what happens.

I just find it interesting that while Democrats want to defund police they simultaneously also want police to protect them personally ... despite having so handicapped law enforcement that law enforcement personnel cannot do their jobs.

Oh? Where has this happened?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Since I provided six examples, you're welcome.

No, you listed six cities. Since I work with the police in Seattle i know full well your claims there are inaccurate. The same for the other 5 I am certain. You should likely stop getting your news from hyperbolic web sites designed to feed your partisan bend. :wave:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
... you listed six cities.
Indeed.

Six cities where police have been restrained from doing their job. In some the police are under attack both from lawless rioters and from city and state politicians.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Indeed.

Six cities where police have been restrained from doing their job. In some the police are under attack both from lawless rioters and from city and state politicians.

You cut off the resat of my post. Here, let me reiterate.

Since I work with the police in Seattle I know full well your claims there are inaccurate. The same for the other 5 I am certain. You should likely stop getting your news from hyperbolic web sites designed to feed your partisan bend. :wave:

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You cut off the resat of my post. Here, let me reiterate.
There was no reason to respond to the rest of your post which, aside from trolling, already admitted that your opinion about five of the six cities lacked any substantive basis.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There was no reason to respond to the rest of your post which, aside from trolling, already admitted that your opinion about five of the six cities lacked any substantive basis.

No, you being wrong on one of them and supplying no evidence on the other 5 is a substantive basis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No, you being wrong on one of them ...
You're entitled to have that opinion. I'll not try to dissuade you other than to say that I'm not wrong about the cities "defunding the police" and not allowing police to stop rioters/looters/arsonists.

Did you not know that Democrat mayors and governors in a number of cities have been supporting such policies?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You're entitled to have that opinion. I'll not try to dissuade you other than to say that I'm not wrong about the cities "defunding the police" and not allowing police to stop rioters/looters/arsonists.

I eagerly await your evidence.

Did you not know that Democrat mayors and governors in a number of cities have been supporting such policies?

Let us know when they actually pass legislation.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Cool. Can you quote from the article where this has stopped police from doing their job?
Cool. So now you're arguing that all this action to "defund the police" hasn't prevented the police from doing their job.

Can you provide evidence about how police in, let's say, New York have brought down the crime rate in recent months. Or, how about Seattle, since that's where you indicated you have some insider knowledge.

Upvote 0