• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Our (very wonderful) coffee shop, just for us! (4)

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!!

I'm back, although I don't know for how long. :hug: I have missed you all, and thought I'd come back and see how things are going with everyone. I see that the coffee shop thread is alive and well - that's great to see!!

So what's been happening while I've been away? It's been over a year... rather hard to believe but tis the truth.

Many hugs and blessings everyone's way. ♥

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!!

I'm back, although I don't know for how long. :hug: I have missed you all, and thought I'd come back and see how things are going with everyone. I see that the coffee shop thread is alive and well - that's great to see!!

So what's been happening while I've been away? It's been over a year... rather hard to believe but tis the truth.

Many hugs and blessings everyone's way. ♥

Hi April good to see you back God bless you dear.:wave:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Gerry, how have you been? :hug: How's your family? Your grandkids must be growing up fairly quickly now!! :)

Thanks for asking,

My family is well, I have four grandkids now and one on the way in just 8 weeks, it is all very exciting. Ella is already four and such a little princess, Jake and Connor are close but very different personalities Abbey is sweet but has been a difficult child nearly drove her mum mad with her constant crying day in day out every night. It turned out that she was allergic to almost everything including Tasha's milk, so things have brightened up there now.

I myself am struggle to recover from another psychosis about 10 weeks back, it was bad I nearly killed myself at the worst part of it, but Jesus kept me safe and got me on medications the first time they work a little without depressing me too much but it is still touch and go, and I'm often low again.

How are things going for you? I know you have been very low, has that past? How is your husband? (I forgotten his name just now.)

So good to hear from you:wave:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome. :) I'm glad to hear that all is well on the family side of things - that's pretty awesome that you have four grandkids and another on the way!! Last time I was around you only had Ella, Jake, & Connor, I believe.

Also glad to hear that Jesus saw you through your last bout of psychosis; it's no good at all that you went through that, but I'm glad that He was close with you to help you, in the wonderful ways that He does. :hug: Hopefully the meds will work without depressing you too much, or without causing you to have (m)any more low points.

Things with me are... up & down. :-/ Jarrod and I are doing well, but frustrated and discouraged at times as well. I was diagnosed tentatively with fibromyalgia in July so I've had to cope with chronic mid- to severe, migratory pain all over my body, plus a lack of being able to work or do much housework. Currently I'm not working and not looking for a job; considering going on disability but my primary care doc doesn't think I am that badly off so he doesn't think I need to be on it. I just started taking Lyrica yesterday for the pain after being on 1800mg of Neurontin/day for 3 months with no effect, so we'll see if the Lyrica works. :o I'm kind of nervous, tbh.

I was hospitalized in June for a week for impulsive suicidality and it was the stupidest, most pointless hospitalization I've ever had. :doh: Voluntarily thankfully, but it was for 7 days and it felt like an eternity. Didn't get the help I needed there, either. Currently I feel stuck in treatment as my NP doesn't know what to do to help, my therapist isn't helping, and my primary care doc is a jerk.

Other than all of that, though, things have been okay. I'm really tired most of the time due to the fibro, in a lot of pain so not as patient as I used to be, but overall working on keeping a positive attitude about life. It's difficult to stay positive but I've been praying about it and I have the help of my husband and best friend and parents to keep going and finding hope. :)

:hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry to hear things are still hard for you, harder even with physical pain included now that must be hard to cope with.:o

I went suicidal in my last psychosis which was in July as well I think, such are no fun and games, luckily my hospitalization brought about medications that work a little so I am better of than before,

I have no medical staff apart of my G.P. who is a good man but finds it hard to assist me, I've had my gut full of medical staff who take it personally that things are not working out, it sounds you are at the same level here.

I hope you have a reasonable day today

peace:wave:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The physical pain is difficult to cope with, yeah, but I'm getting used to it. Kind of. I don't really know if it's something you ever fully get used to, but I'm learning to work around it, as much as that sucks.

Yes, I am finding that my care team is having a hard time helping me now. :( It makes me sad because I wish they could help me and I want to be able to be helped but so many medications don't work, therapy doesn't help much now, and hospitalizations don't help except for keeping me safe when I need that. I feel like a hopeless case, to be honest.

How's your weekend going? :hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The physical pain is difficult to cope with, yeah, but I'm getting used to it. Kind of. I don't really know if it's something you ever fully get used to, but I'm learning to work around it, as much as that sucks.

Yes, I am finding that my care team is having a hard time helping me now. :( It makes me sad because I wish they could help me and I want to be able to be helped but so many medications don't work, therapy doesn't help much now, and hospitalizations don't help except for keeping me safe when I need that. I feel like a hopeless case, to be honest.

How's your weekend going? :hug:

I'm sorry to hear your care team is having a hard time helping you, do they blame you for it? I know that happened with me when they got stuck.

I've been having a Weekend of agitation and have been rather lowish this time around. :o

The coffeeshop has been rather deadish since all of you left last year, if you want more support there is a thread in the depression forums where a lot of people communicate nowadays

here is the link

http://www.christianforums.com/t7598870/

have a nice weekend:wave:

:o

Upvote 0

ShadowsChild

Victorious NOT Victim
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, you have no idea how happy I am to have stumbled on this thread!
New here, in case you haven't guessed and well I feel like I am losing my mind.
I was dignosed as Bipolar at 16 after a suicide attempt and then put on meds. I stop taking them at about 18 ause I moved out on my own. It's been down more than up since then. But recently because of other factors setting me off I seem to be getting worse. I use to self-mutatlate prior just to cause something.. haven't in YEARS but I have not had the desire to do so be so intense as it has been in the past few weeks.

I am seeing a new physc sometime soon.. and I am scared three ways to well you know. I can't be admitted, I am a single parent, and argh... I can't even THINK straight enough to finish typing this right now

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you have no idea how happy I am to have stumbled on this thread!
New here, in case you haven't guessed and well I feel like I am losing my mind.
I was dignosed as Bipolar at 16 after a suicide attempt and then put on meds. I stop taking them at about 18 ause I moved out on my own. It's been down more than up since then. But recently because of other factors setting me off I seem to be getting worse. I use to self-mutatlate prior just to cause something.. haven't in YEARS but I have not had the desire to do so be so intense as it has been in the past few weeks.

I am seeing a new physc sometime soon.. and I am scared three ways to well you know. I can't be admitted, I am a single parent, and argh... I can't even THINK straight enough to finish typing this right now

Welcome

A real tell tale story for a bipolar person you have shared with us here.

Sadly the coffee shop has been rather deadish lately

The depression forum has a nice thread going for support and things like that

http://www.christianforums.com/t7608784/

I hope you feel welcome anyway:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 6, 2009
Canada
✟7,821.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys.
Just wanted to thank you for all the support you gave me over the summer while I was high/low and everything in between. Wanted to let you know that I'm doing better and am back to being balanced and am coping/thriving again. Back on the old meds and while I was originally very unhappy about that, I've found a measure of peace about it. Am looking at going back to school next fall to take the floral design program and while I don't want to plan too far down the road, I want to take a few tentative steps in that direction. My relationship with my family seems to have repaired itself for the most part even though my sister is unhappy I went back to the old meds (she lacks the perspective of having to take the meds herself...) but she's entitled to her opinion and understands that I'm doing what I know is best for me.
So, things are looking up (but not too up, of course).
Thanks again.
-Deedee

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys.
Just wanted to thank you for all the support you gave me over the summer while I was high/low and everything in between. Wanted to let you know that I'm doing better and am back to being balanced and am coping/thriving again. Back on the old meds and while I was originally very unhappy about that, I've found a measure of peace about it. Am looking at going back to school next fall to take the floral design program and while I don't want to plan too far down the road, I want to take a few tentative steps in that direction. My relationship with my family seems to have repaired itself for the most part even though my sister is unhappy I went back to the old meds (she lacks the perspective of having to take the meds herself...) but she's entitled to her opinion and understands that I'm doing what I know is best for me.
So, things are looking up (but not too up, of course).
Thanks again.
-Deedee

That is great to hear!:thumbsup:

Hoping things will improve even more for you.

Upvote 0

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Needing prayer. I was in a bad car accident on the 3rd. I have whiplash and a sprained wrist...I was afraid to drive before the accident now it is compounded. I need to drive tomorrow morning to the doctor and two doctor appointments the next week. I am able to move my neck and wrist safely enough to drive, but I am just so scared of being hit again."

Hugs and prayers! I have been through these, three in two years! holding you up in prayer!

I am praying. That must have been very scary. I can see how that would make you scared to drive. Driving is a huge anxiety for me, so I can imagine after an accident how that would worsen. *hugs*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doing ok. Need a vacation from life. Just wiped out.

Yeah I feel like that a lot as well - in need of a permanent vacation of my illness - wouldn't that be greatest?

Upvote 0

ShadowsChild

Victorious NOT Victim
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agreed!
Meh, I guess we can all dream of it :D
As for me, still waiting to hear back from the shrink... seriously, why do they always take FOREVER to get back to you.

Seeing my "other half" today. Scared silly about it. He doesn't know I intend on leaving him, but I feel like I have to for my sake and future, as well as for our daughter. I plan on waiting until after Christmas - just to make things a little easier for him. Just worried that seeing him tonight may make me change my mind about my decision.... so it could be interesting.

Upvote 0

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed!
Meh, I guess we can all dream of it :D
As for me, still waiting to hear back from the shrink... seriously, why do they always take FOREVER to get back to you.

Seeing my "other half" today. Scared silly about it. He doesn't know I intend on leaving him, but I feel like I have to for my sake and future, as well as for our daughter. I plan on waiting until after Christmas - just to make things a little easier for him. Just worried that seeing him tonight may make me change my mind about my decision.... so it could be interesting.

I hope you do hear back soon. Does seem to take forever.
I will be praying for you in regards to your other half.

Upvote 0