trevorlewthor

Aug 4, 2009
✟7,661.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Just a few notes from a newbie based on some of these thread titles:

I vehemently disagree with a large majority of Obama's policies, but let us not treat him the way the left treated George W. Bush (whom I also take issue with on many policies). And let's also remember that our country will not be saved if Obama loses in 2012 but if Jesus is acknowledged as Lord by the church in this land once more.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I vehemently disagree with a large majority of Obama's policies, but let us not treat him the way the left treated George W. Bush (whom I also take issue with on many policies).

Or the right and Bill Clinton; seems reasonable enough.

And let's also remember that our country will not be saved if Obama loses in 2012...

True. A politician is not a savior. Franklin Delano Roosevelt did much to save America from the Depression but ultimately he was just a man.

....but if Jesus is acknowledged as Lord by the church in this land once more.

Okay, now, you lost me here. How is Jesus not acknowledged by "The Church"?

Upvote 0

Mackdaddy Suave

Struttin'
Aug 3, 2009
✟7,791.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Well put. People have the right to object to any policy any politician has, for any reason, no matter how stupid (browse the forum for examples).

However, suggesting that their political opponents are the antichrist, working actively towards the destruction of democracy, or the potential murderer of millions makes people look like self-important, hysterical, paranoid loons. (browse the forum for examples).

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well put. People have the right to object to any policy any politician has, for any reason, no matter how stupid (browse the forum for examples).

However, suggesting that their political opponents are the antichrist, working actively towards the destruction of democracy, or the potential murderer of millions makes people look like self-important, hysterical, paranoid loons. (browse the forum for examples).

Agreed. You can say whatever you want; you just will not be able to say it and then be free from criticism.

Upvote 0

trevorlewthor

Aug 4, 2009
✟7,661.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Or the right and Bill Clinton; seems reasonable enough.

True. A politician is not a savior. Franklin Delano Roosevelt did much to save America from the Depression but ultimately he was just a man.

Okay, now, you lost me here. How is Jesus not acknowledged by "The Church"?

Okay — Jesus is not acknowledged by the church when the church refuses to abide by all His words, not just the ones we like. Or, to but it better — when the church refuses to heed the teaching of Scripture. I could give innumerable examples of how this is happening both in the church in our individual lives (mine included), every day.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

:congratm::congratm::congratm::congratm::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay — Jesus is not acknowledged by the church when the church refuses to abide by all His words, not just the ones we like. Or, to but it better — when the church refuses to heed the teaching of Scripture. I could give innumerable examples of how this is happening both in the church in our individual lives (mine included), every day.

Okay, let's hear some.

I'm not a fundamentalist so I'm pretty sure I reject at least part of your premise.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it just me or does it seem like the people who most hate Obama are completely silent in this thread? :scratch:
tulc(wonders why?) :wave:

Politicians are human Rosarsch tests.

One might be tempted to think they are too ashamed to participate but chances are they are managing their time wisely so they can attack him elsewhere.

Upvote 0
A

ace8842

I didn't care for Obama's stem cell research comment, where he blamed "religion" for holding science back. I also think that he has no clue, unfortunately, how to balance a budget. He just wants to tax and spend with no ultimate way to pay for his plans, which have not been well thought out. Obama also promised transparency, and after saying that we could read the stimulus bill online for two days, not only was it not online but the Congressmen didn't even read it before voting. He does other things to block White House information and actually to block transparency. And he's been about as partisan as one can get - more so than Bush. However, I'll give him a chance. I'm not going to name call or be bitter about it, but his performance so far has been discouraging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hearts Alive

Jul 26, 2009
Pittsburgh
✟8,018.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I vehemently disagree with a large majority of Obama's policies, but let us not treat him the way the left treated George W. Bush (whom I also take issue with on many policies). And let's also remember that our country will not be saved if Obama loses in 2012 but if Jesus is acknowledged as Lord by the church in this land once more.

I agree but 1. that is just the way our country is now insulating, vulgar, selfish, faithless, materialistic, so he should of certainly expected all of this and 2. he brings alot of it onto himself

Upvote 0

wlajoie74

Jun 11, 2009
✟8,404.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
I agree but 1. that is just the way our country is now insulating, vulgar, selfish, faithless, materialistic, so he should of certainly expected all of this and 2. he brings alot of it onto himself

The last regime did the same thing. I personally don't see the difference. There is good and bad on both sides. We get what we get and neither side, imo, lives up to the standards which I believe they should, but we're human. We all want what is good and Satan sometimes gets in the way on both sides, especially with men who have control over countries, but in the end God will see that His way is what is ultimately accomplished no matter the human philosiphies that we bicker over. Even here on CF.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hearts Alive

Jul 26, 2009
Pittsburgh
✟8,018.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The last regime did the same thing. I personally don't see the difference. There is good and bad on both sides. We get what we get and neither side, imo, lives up to the standards which I believe they should, but we're human. We all want what is good and Satan sometimes gets in the way on both sides, especially with men who have control over countries, but in the end God will see that His way is what is ultimately accomplished no matter the human philosiphies that we bicker over. Even here on CF.:thumbsup:

agreed, divide and conquer the oldest strategy ever, and AMEN to that!

Upvote 0
A

ace8842

Why didn't you like it?

Because Obama never told how religion is holding science back. Stem cell research is a political football that is far less promising than what has been done with adult stem cells. It's giving people false belief their relatives will all be cured of long time diseases. Stem cell research in what many would call abortion has been going on, it has just been privately funded. I don't see why we should have to publicly fund it if we have ethical problems with it.

I think the President was wrong for making that comment and really needs to explain several examples of what he is talking about. Dogmatism and inability to allow other theories - not being able to challenge the status quo - that is what is holding science back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Because Obama never told how religion is holding science back. Stem cell research is a political football that is far less promising than what has been done with adult stem cells. It's giving people false belief their relatives will all be cured of long time diseases. Stem cell research in what many would call abortion has been going on, it has just been privately funded. I don't see why we should have to publicly fund it if we have ethical problems with it.

I think the President was wrong for making that comment and really needs to explain several examples of what he is talking about. Dogmatism and inability to allow other theories - not being able to challenge the status quo - that is what is holding science back.

It's only a political football because extremists who are against it make it so. It's not all religion doing that of course, just the extremists. There's nothing unethical about it. We have an organized movement exploiting such issues and Obama merely called them what they are-anti-science.

Upvote 0

Ruckhard82

Aug 12, 2009
✟8,004.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

That's a total myth. FDR's economic programs were failures, what ended the depression was the US entering WW2. The cause of the 50's boom was the US being the only industrial nation in the world whose industry hadn't been boomed into the stone age, but rather was in top shape after years of investing in it for war production.

Upvote 0

Hearts Alive

Jul 26, 2009
Pittsburgh
✟8,018.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
AMEN!! Ruckard, LOL, history courses have brainwashed so many, FDR did what exactly that saved anything? he and woodrow wilson are the biggest failures ever, but of course history textbooks tell us to worship them as heroes without questions, such a joke FDR was the original barack obama

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's a total myth. FDR's economic programs were failures, what ended the depression was the US entering WW2. The cause of the 50's boom was the US being the only industrial nation in the world whose industry hadn't been boomed into the stone age, but rather was in top shape after years of investing in it for war production.

I suppose it depends on how one defines failure. Those who want to roll back the New Deal most likely want to roll back civil rights too.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
AMEN!! Ruckard, LOL, history courses have brainwashed so many, FDR did what exactly that saved anything? he and woodrow wilson are the biggest failures ever, but of course history textbooks tell us to worship them as heroes without questions, such a joke FDR was the original barack obama

That's quite a compliment to Mr. Obama. I hope he proves deserving of it.

Are you familiar with the alphabetical agencies? TVA? REA?

Those who long for the return of Hoovervilles generally do not envision themselves living in them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.