• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Admin Announcement Our Partnership with Faithful Counseling - Feedback Thread!

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the info.

I do want to stress though, that I am not against Christian Counseling, only against someone trying to pass themself off as a Christian Counselor when they are not a real Christian.

I get REAL Christian Counseling in person at a Mental Health Facility in NC and it IS very helpful.

I do hope that CF finds some real Christains who are doing REAL Christain Counseling and backs them instead!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If someone has gone to college to be a therapist, paid their own way, then yes, they are entitled to charge for their services!

I think you may have missed my point...IOW, Jesus was entitled to charge for his services as well, he was the smartest man in the world when it came to this type thing...but he didn't.

Assuming they said they went to college, I would likely question that since these are just people on the internet.

Upvote 0

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at their statement of faith, looks copied directly from somewhere else, I doubt it is even their own crafted statement, I ran a copyscape on it and I found it nearly word for word somewhere else. Now to figure out who had it first...I'm betting FaithfulCounseling did not write it....unbelievers would have a very hard time creating a Biblical statement of faith without lifting it from somewhere else. So did they make it themselves? I'm going to find out.

• Agree
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think you may have missed my point...IOW, Jesus was entitled to charge for his services as well, he was the smartest man in the world when it came to this type thing...but he didn't.

Assuming they said they went to college, I would likely question that since these are just people on the internet.

In today's world, you cannot expect someone who went to college and has huge loans to pay off for it (and I am NOT referring to FC here, but MY therapist, who has a degree) you really cannot expect them to "give it away for free." They have to support themselves and possibly some family members too.

Jesus had the Father backing Him up with omniscience and omnipotence as He was doing everything, (He said) that the Father was doing. (Forgive me, I don't know the chapter and verse on that, but I recall it clearly). Yes, He went around from village to village on foot, healing and caring for folks. Yes, "The Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." I recall Him saying that too, but that was His choice. Not the norm. 2 other things I can think of, He was a carpenter before starting His mission and I am sure He probably charged for His work there. Secondly, the men He chose for his disciples were fishermen. They were making a living when He called them. Also, the Apostle Paul was a tent maker.

In my way of seeing things, there is nothing wrong with charging for one's services or one's help if one is a professional. After all, most churches pay their pastors for pastoring their churches! Mine does. Our pastor also gets a parsonage to live in for free too.

And my pastor has suggested I get professional counseling. I am getting Trauma Therapy. I have been diagnosed with cPTSD and a few other mental conditions too. These are things that need to be handled with special care. My pastor has a Dr. of Divinity, but when it comes to my cPTSD, she still sends me to Therapy, REAL therapy. (Not some internet hoax).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What Is Faithful Counseling?

For starters they miss quoted psalms. Its, "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

"1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing." is the New International Version's translation of Psalm 23 in the Bible. They, being from CA, would use that version of the Bible, as it is published out there, unlike the KJV, which is universally known now and published everywhere in the world.

Just wanted you to know this info, in case you think they actually tried to change the Bible's meaning. The NIV is a recognized version also, just a more modern translation is all.

I am not trying to defend them, but I don't want to see them unfairly judged on this issue either, as the NIV is a legitimate translation and probably one of the best known of the modern ones.

Upvote 0

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would never use FC, they are not run by Christians, and I'm saddened that this site chose to have such a massive partnership with them to the point of shoving them in our face every time we log on. I feel like this site has been poisoned with far left secularism with all the betterhelp (i call it "worsehelp") promoting.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It costs money to run an internet forum. Accepting advertising helps keep this forum free for us to enjoy. Like everything else we see or hear on media of all types, just don't buy what doesn't interest you. That's pretty easy.

• Agree
Upvote 0

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course that makes sense, but you entered into a "partnership" this is not just advertising. This is a yoking. you would think a Christian organization would yoke itself with another Christian organization but you bonded to an organization run by people who want to eradicate the bible from society, people who are in harmony with the berkeley crowd that abhor conservative christians as bigots and hatemongers, who believe God created 57 genders (and counting) and every 2 years they go to the voting booth and push their agenda.

So please don't equate this to advertising. FC is being shoved on us, it is being forced into our faces. I know what advertising is, and this isn't advertising. This is a core partnership, at least, that is how it is being presented. And that is quite another thing (I WISH it was just advertising, but there is no escape on here from the pernicious invasive "in your face" promotion of FC)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And that is quite another thing

No it isn't. Anymore than us allowing any other advertisement on here.

Like everything else we see or hear on media of all types, just don't buy what doesn't interest you. That's pretty easy.

who want to eradicate the bible from society, people who are in harmony with the berkeley crowd that abhor conservative christians as bigots and hatemongers, and every 2 years they go to the voting booth and do just that.

These are your accusations and quite frankly have no backing and present a libel issue. If you do not like the politics of a business don't use them. Any kind of witch hunt because of your differing political views is not going to be allowed here. You have said your peace but if all you are going to use this site for is to potentially libel a person or company non stop, then it won't be allowed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Brent, why would you call it libel? Are we in a spiritual battle or are you going to talk about libel when I mention facts about a company. Where is your evidence that this is a Christian company? I presented good evidence, now where is yours? Don't call something libel with an implication of illegal activity, that is a pretty hostile thing you are doing. If you want to ban me, go ahead. I didn't do anything wrong, except call bring to light that a non christian company is masquerading as a christian company. THere is no libel here at all. BetterHelp is not a christian company. Show me where it is. Otherwise, I am on the side of truth and your libel claim is false.

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Brent, why would you call it libel?

You are calling someone not a Christian based on social media posts (one curse word), location and perceived political leanings.

Are we in a spiritual battle or are you going to talk about libel when I mention facts about a company. Where is your evidence that this is a Christian company? I presented good evidence, now where is yours? Don't call something libel with an implication of illegal activity, that is a pretty hostile thing you are doing. If you want to ban me, go ahead. I didn't do anything wrong, except call bring to light that a non christian company is masquerading as a christian company. THere is no libel here at all. BetterHelp is not a christian company. Show me where it is. Otherwise, I am on the side of truth and your libel claim is false.

Faithful Counseling has licensed Christian Therapists and that is what has been stated. I am not going to get in a back and forth debate with you over this nor do I appreciate your in your face attitude and pointedness toward me. There is a right and wrong way to express your opinion and your way is to come in here and state you are correct and anyone else with a differing opinion is wrong.

There is, at that point, no need to further a discussion when the attitude is that. Any other comments regarding your attacks on this company in this thread will be removed. You are more than welcome to enjoy the rest of the site and interact with our great member base if you choose so.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just to add to the confusion, there is a world of difference between a "Christian Counselor" and a counselor who is a Christian. From their website, it appears they require therapists who register for that segment of their business to attest that they are Christians. Attesting that one is a Christian does not mean one practices "Christian Counseling."

As a therapist, I sometimes get asked, "Are you a Christian Counselor? I always reply, "No, I'm a counselor who is a Christian." That satisfies 99% of folks who ask the question, whether they are looking to find a Christian Counselor or avoid one. I am comfortable talking about a client's faith from their perspective, but I don't impose my view of faith on them by spouting Christian principles or Bible verses as my primary means of trying to help or influence them. And, to me, that is the difference.

Upvote 0

ProdigalGander

Dec 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
✟17,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Don't be shy! If you would rather provide private feedback, feel free to open a ticket with us!

My personal experience with Christian counseling has been very, very negative. I turned to counselors in a desperate situation, and they not only dropped the ball but they made a bad situation far, far worse. Then they hid behind patient privacy as an excuse to avoid taking any responsibility.

I am not casting aspersions against these folks because they aren't the ones who did it. But if you are looking to market their services you are talking to the wrong guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ObadiahHaidabo

Apr 8, 2019
Portland, Oregon
✟13,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is my experience with FaithfulCounseling. Unfortunately, it's not very good.

I signed up in May and the issue I wanted to work with them on is one that is listed on their site as something they have expertise with. I was asked various questions and wrote a detailed background for the counselor. I waited 24 hours and was matched with a counselor.

My experiences with the counselor:
  • I generally got one message every 24 hours. Often these messages were brief. Once I got only a couple sentences. Sometimes more. I had the feeling she was juggling a ton of clients.
  • The counselor did not have deep experience in my area of need. She was very experienced in terms of years of counseling, but I felt like I'd gone to a dermatologist to get advice on diabetes. I'm sure your average dermatologist is familiar with diabetes, but that's not what they spend 99.9% of their time doing.
  • I specifically asked if there were any good or well known books on my particular area of need. I know there are - there are dozens on Amazon, and I was wondering if there was one she could recommend. She said she didn't have any she was familiar with.
  • At one point, I didn't get a response for 3 days.
When I first signed up with FC, I got an email from their customer support asking how things were going. After the above experiences, I replied telling them my opinion. They were apologetic, offered me a free two-week extension, and noted that I could change counselors at any time.

Except...I couldn't. In my state, this one person was the only person they had available! They couldn't match me with any other counselor, so they offered to cancel with a full refund and I took them up on it.

• Informative
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings and Salutations,
Hi ever since I gave my life to Christ I have seen and heard supernatural manifestations. I have been to several psychiatric centers they diagnosed me with schizophrenia and have taken meds, still do.
Every time I seek God with my whole heart read my Bible pray and praise His name is when I start seeing and hearing supernatural manifestations.
I know that everything works together for good for those that love God and are called according to His purpose.
I know I can't stop walking with God, praising His name, praying to Him. I usually just keep this stuff to myself. My mom however works through all this stuff with me and tells me stay strong and steadfast.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2020
Texas
✟31,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

I'm new-ish here in the forums.

I have not explored the counseling services mentioned in this thread's beginning post.

Just as it is possible to gift an upgrade to a forum member, do you think it might someday be possible to gift paid counseling benefits from this new service to other forum members?

Thank you!

Upvote 0