• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Admin Announcement Our Partnership with Faithful Counseling - Feedback Thread!

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Supposed to be a one week trial free it's trying to charge me but it's not that much so I night just pay.

That worries me right off.

But you need to try anything you can, so I understand why you would just pay. I notice , like so many, they aren't up front with their pricing, a worldly sign.

If you question anything about your experience, do start a thread, and hope they are helpful to you.

Upvote 0

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Though my general experience with professional counceling is very limited, I like the idea that such a service can be offered online. While I would prefer a face-to-face session, some people are uncomfortable talking about certain issues openly or simply have no way to connect with a councelor offline.

Now, the big question, will I use it? At the present, probably not. Though I noticed that apathy and a lack of enthusiasm are creeping into my life, I know the reason why and what I probably need to someone to smack me across the head a few times. I doubt that this would fall under the speciality of a councelor though :D
Nevertheless, I have bookmarked the site and I will recommend it to english-speaking folks who are in need for a councelor, but can not or do not want to visit one in person, for whatever reason.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is another name for Betterhelp.com who is marketing to websites quite well.

I checked them out prior to CF's agreement.

My experience was not good nor professional.

They have almost no intake questions...which could be ok

BUT the counselor assigned when first contacting me via email did not validate my initial inquiry for help at all... was a very cold email, very short. I had not left a big first intro message but I had mentioned some concerns and needs in my life (selling house, living in van and how my previous colleague psychologist had closed office due to battling cancer)---

The counselor did nothing to inform me how to go about the next step... appointment or what.

They did get the payment info right though. ;)

So after a few contacts (I had to recontact site worker) and a week's time (for which I had paid) I was just told that I could contact my counselor as often during the week as I wished... NO I wanted an appointment right?

FINALLY was directed by the website person in how to go to the counselor's page and select a day and time that would work for me. Well, there was only 1 available and I took it.
That future appointment didn't happen. The counselor failed to show up. When I emailed her, she didn't validate my angst...didn't admit she missed the appointment even just went right on like nothing had been scheduled/nothing had happened.

I quit. Having been a professional in this area I know when a person is not qualified for the work. Perhaps the counselor you get will work out?

I made sure I was not billed. They got this part right again. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is another name for Betterhelp.com

That's correct (Betterhelp operates under a collection of different brand names).

The Internet is full of reviews of Betterhelp's services, so people should be informed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if someone were able to get help from reading text and studying helpful online information, I can see how 24 hour help online is a gift that was not available before the internet.

There are many who reach out on the net, and therefore it can be a life saver not to mention a blessing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pawnraider

Nov 22, 2007
✟24,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
After five weeks with my counselor I ended my association with them. I just did not see how it was helping at all and I'm just going to chalk this up as a mistake for joining them in the first place. It was also getting expensive and I honestly wasn't noticing any results. My counselor did seem rather distant in his replies but maybe that was just me.

Upvote 0

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PLEASE RETHINK THIS! YOU ARE BEING FOOLED BY THEM!

#1. "FaithfulCounseling.com" is a front for BetterHelp
#2. BetterHelp is a silicon valley company run by far left liberals utterly hostile to Christianity
#3. THe CEO is Alon Matas who still has profane tweets and FB posts (lots of F bombs) in his history. He also has a big historical fascination with making money and immersed in the San Francisco "startup culture"
#4. He sees this whole Christian Counseling thing as a nice way to make money by fooling you into thinking that it is Biblical based. It is not.
#5. Betterhelp spends UNTOLD THOUSANDS of dollars on ads, they run ads all over Google, Yahoo, DrudgeReport, etc (i always click on them on purpose, btw).
#6. THey also PAY TO HAVE POSITIVE REVIEWS on them, you can find clearly paid reviews everywhere.
#7. They no doubt paid you guys to do this, I'm 100% positive money is involved because that is how they operate (I myself have been offered money to link to their site, a violation of Google's policies), so I'm asking ChristianForums.com to rescind this corrupt partnership because there is a boat load of corruption behind the scenes. This is not a "christian counseling" site, it is run by high tech far left, pelosi-voting, Christian-hating money makers who are using the Bible to make as much money as possible, profiting off the Christian community and they do not deserve it.

Instead, promote a Christian counseling site run by Christians who actually believe and embrace the word of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's very easy to verify everything I just said. Here is the CEO of better help's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/alonmatas you can quickly find the F-bomb in there. His twitter feed (go back to 2012 and earlier) is full of money-making tweets for silicon valley startup stuff. This is not a christian site. And yes I have full proof they offered me money to post "text links" to their site, I even reported them to Goolge, but I doubt Google did anything. I still have the emails where I was offered money for links. This is black hat against Google's terms of service. You will find many people talk about how betterhelp bans them from their FB page for saying negative things about them. I wouldn't trust betterhelp...i mean "Faithfulcounseling" one single iota.

Upvote 0

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Furthermore, their glowing reviews on www.e-counseling.com are completely suspect. THey read like paid reviews, there is no author, no accountability. https://www.google.com/search?q=faithfulcounseling+review shows nothing but stacked reviews, these are not neutral reviews. They even bought their own review domain:
www.faithfulcounselingreview.com/ where...of course...they leave glowing reviews just like you see everywhere else. You can't trust this stuff. I caution Christians from fattening the pocketbooks of big san francisco tekkies in silicon valley who go to the voting booth every 2 years and try to vote out the bible from society.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Being in business is kind of something that requires making money to STAY in business. Personally I have NO EXPERIENCE with these people. I get Christian Counseling from a therapist here in the area where I live way across the country from CA. (I am in NC).

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
July 7th you see one. My point is very basic...."faithfulcounseling.com" is not run by Christians who seek to glorify God, they are run by profiteers...money changers, who want to make maximum profit and using the Bible to do so.
OK, I found it. THanks for the info.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's very easy to verify everything I just said. Here is the CEO of better help's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/alonmatas you can quickly find the F-bomb in there. His twitter feed (go back to 2012 and earlier) is full of money-making tweets for silicon valley startup stuff. This is not a christian site. And yes I have full proof they offered me money to post "text links" to their site, I even reported them to Goolge, but I doubt Google did anything. I still have the emails where I was offered money for links. This is black hat against Google's terms of service. You will find many people talk about how betterhelp bans them from their FB page for saying negative things about them. I wouldn't trust betterhelp...i mean "Faithfulcounseling" one single iota.

Right from the start, charging for a service like that didn't exactly instill confidence in them, so it at least makes sense they would not be Christian.

What christian charges a another for guidance?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If someone has gone to college to be a therapist, paid their own way, then yes, they are entitled to charge for their services! If they are not themselves a Christian, (and it appears that this man in question is not, but that is my opinion, I can only say so by what I observed in his FB page) then really they should not be counseling Christians and trying to come off as a Christian. THAT is what I see as wrong.

Upvote 0

samanddad3201

Aug 3, 2018
Seattle
✟15,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Silicon Valley, San Francisco high tech internet startup culture is a culture utterly hostile to Christians. There are many options of Christian directories out there that don't have to feed these guys profits. Maybe they ponied up the most money and so that is why they are promoted here? My point is there are so many better options of Christian directories to promote...like ones who actually are run by people who want to glorify God, not this mockery. Do you really want to contribute money to people who want nothing more than to ensure Biblical values are eradicated from our society? They vote for people and for laws that are in direct opposition to Christianity.

Upvote 0