Our awakening is beginning...

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am confused. Bear with me as I share a bit about the cause of the confusion.

Holiness is a big deal in the new testament, right? The vast majority of the New Testament is basically an instruction manual and compass for personal holiness and purity. God calls us to be holy, fully His, fully surrendered into His loving arms and loving will for us. Is this correct?

As well, evangelizing is the common thread of New Testament Christianity. The Bible was written by and about people who burned to share the gospel with others. It was their purpose.... to BE light for others to see and be drawn to. God's basic call on us as Christians is to go forth among all nations, evangelizing and bringing life and light when there was only death and darkness previously. Would that not be a fair summary of what is contained in the Bible as we read it?

So, may I humbly ask someone to explain these questions I have? I am not attacking any, and I pray that every reader understands my motive is nothing but love in wanting to see you blessed.

We are called to "resist satan, steadfast in the faith" Are we? Is there a fight inside us? At the Achilles Heel sin in each of our lives, our real weakness, that one sin that "has us", are we resisting? Or have we assumed that since we will always sin, why really resist?

Is there a battle in our hearts, a fight inside us to die more and more to self, to overcome sins big and small, and to glorify God in our bodies, or have we settled for a false peace based upon our non-resistance, the thing that to us is the closest thing to resting?

Satan's last move against the people of God is summed up in this place he has led us. Let's not talk about sin for is legalistic. Let us rest in our failures and continuing in sin, for they glorify grace and make us love Him more. Of course it never seems to lead us to a deeper surrender or commitment. Why don't we see that something is wrong... bad wrong?

We in the Charismatic community view ourselves as more spiritual, more enlightened and not in a bad way for most. Now scroll down and look at the posts we choose to talk about. These are the subjects that we are most concerned about. In page after page of thread titles, maybe one in a hundred has to do with how to get closer to God, how to fully surrender, how to overcome habitual sins. Why is this? Does it not seem strange to you?

Why is it that few posts deal with sharing the gospel, or being burdened for the lost, whether it is the world in general, or friends, family, co-workers. We say we believe in eternal hell, in whatever form it may come, and yet none is concerned enough to post on such an important subject.

Guys, I am pointing out something that obvious to a few, and frankly to many outside the church, but we by and large cannot see it.... or will not. I point out these contradictions solely in hope that even one soul will say "These things ought not be so."

God has something amazing for each one of us and He is about to awaken us to it. The first step though is to admit our state of heart and cry to Him for more. Are there any here who dare admit we need awakening in a huge way? I am praying for all who read these words.

I promise you this. If you will hunger after more of Jesus and less of you, He will fill you. Why? He has told us "Open your mouth wide and I will fill it". He will not disappoint.

If you hate the sin that so easily besets, are weary of the battle but refuse to surrender to sin as inevitable, God has an answer that will blow you away.

If you hate the lack of burden you have for others to find Jesus that you cannot seem to shake, God is about to make you a light for all to see.

It is beginning. Glory to God, we are about to be awakened and we will never be the same. Those in the world who have wagged their tongues at us as professors but not possessors of what we say we believe, they are about to see what happens when we become light. They will exclaim
"Look! That which bore only briars and thorns has become again like the garden of Eden!"

We are about to have restored to us what the devil has hidden from our eyes. And the world is about to know that Jesus is Lord, when He shall be sanctified in us before their very eyes.

Blessings to all,

Gideon

Last edited:

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
I am confused. Bear with me as I share a bit about the cause of the confusion.

Holiness is a big deal in the new testament, right? The vast majority of the New Testament is basically an instruction manual and compass for personal holiness and purity. God calls us to be holy, fully His, fully surrendered into His loving arms and loving will for us. Is this correct?

As well, evangelizing is the common thread of New Testament Christianity. The Bible was written by and about people who burned to share the gospel with others. It was their purpose.... to BE light for others to see and be drawn to. God's basic call on us as Christians is to go forth among all nations, evangelizing and bringing life and light when there was only death and darkness previously. Would that not be a fair summary of what is contained in the Bible as we read it?

So, may I humbly ask someone to explain these questions I have? I am not attacking any, and I pray that every reader understands my motive is nothing but love in wanting to see you blessed.

We are called to "resist satan, steadfast in the faith" Are we? Is there a fight inside us? At the Achilles Heel sin in each of our lives, our real weakness, that one sin that "has us", are we resisting? Or have we assumed that since we will always sin, why really resist?

Is there a battle in our hearts, a fight inside us to die more and more to self, to overcome sins big and small, and to glorify God in our bodies, or have we settled for a false peace based upon our non-resistance, the thing that to us is the closest thing resting?

Satan's last move against the people of God is summed up in this place he has led us. Let's not talk about sin for is legalistic. Let us rest in our failures and continuing in sin, for they glorify grace and make us love Him more. Of course it never seems to lead us to a deeper surrender commitment. Why don't we see that something is wrong... bad wrong?

We in the Charismatic community view ourselves as more spiritual, more enlightened and not in a bad way for most. Now scroll down and look at the posts we choose to talk about. These are the subjects that we are most concerned about. In page after page of thread titles, maybe one in a hundred has to do with how to get closer to God, how to fully surrender, how to overcome habitual sins. Why is this? Does it not seem strange to you?

Why is it that few posts deal with sharing the gospel, or being burdened for the lost, whether it is the world in general, or friends, family, co-workers. We say we believe in eternal hell, in whatever form it may come, and yet none is concerned enough to post on such an important subject.

Guys, I am pointing out something that obvious to a few, and frankly to many outside the church, but we by and large cannot see it.... or will not. I point out these contradictions solely in hope that even one soul will say "These things ought not be so."

God has something amazing for each one of us and He is about to awaken us to it. The first step though is to admit our state of heart and cry to Him for more. Are there any here who dare admit we need awakening in a huge way? I am praying for all who read these words.

I promise you this. If you will hunger after more of Jesus and less of you, He will fill you. Why? He has told us "Open your mouth wide and I will fill it". He will not disappoint.

If you hate the sin that so easily besets, are weary of the battle but refuse to surrender to sin as inevitable, God has an answer that will blow you away.

If you hate the lack of burden you have for others to find Jesus that you cannot seem to shake, God is about to make you a light for all to see.

It is beginning. Glory to God, we are about to be awakened.

Blessings to all,

Gideon
I admit that I sin and I also know as long as I live in the fleshly body I will have to struggle with this sinful nature of mine however Even though I screw up and I fall down and I fail over and over God's grace gives me the freedom to keep moving forward with him as my goal.

I don't really care if I am righteous holy or pure I will let God decide that, but my focus isn't on me it's on him. I seek to be very strong in him but not for my own sake. I Told God from the beginning that if we were going to even desire to be strong I had certain conditions that needed to be met. It can never be about me not on heaven or earth, we had to do this for his sake and for his children sake and it had to be out of a very deep love. Now knowing I could not trust myself I handed him the power and the authority to enforce these conditions, faith to me is about love it isn't about being holy or not sinning it isn't even about being strong it's about having a very deep and intimate love with God for God and for all others.

Saving souls is done simply by posting here in the forums, every act of kindness and love may very well be what leads a person to salvation, many here are saving souls without even realizing it. And honestly we can talk about hell but I would rather talk about the love and the glory of God, I have been to hell before I was taken there in the spirit and I don't like to even think about the things I saw. Besides talking about that place isn't going to save souls, you cannot become saved out of fear of hell because you then have a very difficult time creating that deep love with God.

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, please! But I am too easily distracted. That is the sin that so easily besets me. I don't just get complacent; I get distracted first and complacency follows.
And there is the hidden bridge we have all up till now missed, Jim. That is what I hoped this post would illicit. Intense desire frustrated by our ultimate inability to follow through, no matter how much we try.

Jim, I have always loved your heart. The desire to please God has always shown through your posts. It is the next step that we all struggle with that you confess to..... admitting that despite our efforts, our deep longing for more, our longing to be totally sold out, completely His, our flesh intervenes, self flexes its muscle, and again we are left short of our heart's desire.

So what is the awakening of which I speak? It is the realization.... no, no... the revelation that is about to visit all of us who love the Lord in truth. It is about to dawn on us that unless Christianity is all a crock and we as God's people are the most deluded people on earth, His promise to "cause us" to walk as joy filled obedient children, MUST be true, and woe unto us if it is not.

It is about to happen. Our hunger for walking totally pleasing to Him is about to outweigh our unbelief in His ability to keep us from falling. We are about to get a completely different perspective on what faith is in the goodness of our Father, and the fullness of what salvation really offers us. Being born again is not just a catch phrase, but a truth we have been blinded to, but soon no longer so.

We are about to awaken to the second half of the new covenant that our savior died to give to us. He has promised to not only forgive us, but to indwell us, transform us, lifting us up higher than our fleshly limitations by giving us brand new natures that run and do not get weary, that hold up our shields of faith that really do quench ALL satan can throw at us.

We are about to realize that grace indeed DOES teach us how to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts and to walk in purity and joy before Him, because He actually has made us new, where we now are not in the flesh and owe it nothing.

What our amazing God we serve. Free indeed is coming into sight. It is time we climbed out of the boat of contentment with so little and took the limits off of our God. He is about to amaze us.

Many blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,313.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And there is the hidden bridge we have all up till now missed, Jim. That is what I hoped this post would illicit. Intense desire frustrated by our ultimate inability to follow through, no matter how much we try.

Jim, I have always loved your heart. The desire to please God has always shown through your posts. It is the next step that we all struggle with that you confess to..... admitting that despite our efforts, our deep longing for more, our longing to be totally sold out, completely His, our flesh intervenes, self flexes its muscle, and again we are left short of our heart's desire.

So what is the awakening of which I speak? It is the realization.... no, no... the revelation that is about to visit all of us who love the Lord in truth. It is about to dawn on us that unless Christianity is all a crock and we as God's people are the most deluded people on earth, His promise to "cause us" to walk as joy filled obedient children, MUST be true, and woe unto us if it is not.

It is about to happen. Our hunger for walking totally pleasing to Him is about to outweigh our unbelief in His ability to keep us from falling. We are about to get a completely different perspective on what faith is in the goodness of our Father, and the fullness of what salvation really offers us. Being born again is not just a catch phrase, but a truth we have been blinded to, but soon no longer so.

We are about to awaken to the second half of the new covenant that our savior died to give to us. He has promised to not only forgive us, but to indwell us, transform us, lifting us up higher than our fleshly limitations by giving us brand new natures that run and do not get weary, that hold up our shields of faith that really do quench ALL satan can throw at us.

We are about to realize that grace indeed DOES teach us how to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts and to walk in purity and joy before Him, because He actually has made us new, where we now are not in the flesh and owe it nothing.

What our amazing God we serve. Free indeed is coming into sight. It is time we climbed out of the boat of contentment with so little and took the limits off of our God. He is about to amaze us.

Many blessings,

Gideon
My own spirit witnesses to what you say God is doing. Praise God!

...and thank you for the encouraging personal words.

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
You know an awakening I think we all need is that hunger and desire for God. I don't claim to know every ones hearts but for a lot Christians I can see that lack of hunger and true desire for God. Some know the hunger I speak of just me personally I am always so hungry for him always longing so badly to know him much more to have a much deeper love and bond with him always constantly seeking him out always craving to have more of him, just last night I was talking to God asking him if he could show me even just a little bit more of him f our love could deepen just a bit more if I could be more like him even just a little bit more, I can't begin to describe how grateful I would be for this.

I notice that because of how deep the hunger and the longing to know him to have him to have a deeper love with him I am always lacking never filled. No matter how much of himself he gives to me enough is never enough I want more and more.

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is coming.
My own spirit witnesses to what you say God is doing. Praise God!

...and thank you for the encouraging personal words.
The standard God has set for us was meant for us to try to achieve.... and yet fail. It seems we are right where He wants us, LOL. To some, that is depressing, but He does so, bring us to a new desperation and level of hunger only that we can look away from us and look to Him as the one, the only one who can change us. It is God who must transform us, changing us from saved but defeated Christian to an overcomer of all satan can throw at us.

It is only then, in the midst of our failures and fleshliness, that our eyes can finally be opened to the truth that the solution is not to lower the standard, but to believe that God can take us in all of our weakness and make us holy children.

Do we not see? He has promised to do this miracle for us, causing us to walk with the world, our flesh and the devil under our feet. The sins that have bound us and kept us earth bound are about to be under our feet.

How we need to understand this and conclude that if without holiness, no man shall see the Lord, and if we cannot ever be truly holy in our thoughts and actions due to our weakness, then it MUST be true that God Himself will do this miracle for us..... in us. He has even said so.

In Ezekiel 36, in my view the most relavant chapter in the entire Bible in this critical time, God lays out exactly what His new covenant was to accomplish for us. He promises to cause us to fully obey Him. Obedience, the weakness of the old covenant, would no longer be an issue in the new. But it is not as we have surmised. We have assumed that grace and forgiveness make obedience unnecessary. We are wrong. It makes it POSSIBLE! Not for a select few. Not just for apostles, ascetics and the strong. It is for the weakest among us. He says that He will plant our feet on the highway of holiness and listen to this. A man, though he be a fool, though he be weak, worldly and sin laden, shall not fail to walk as God desires. Glory to God!

God has promised to change our very nature to a holy one. Not just positionally, but in real life. Real holiness. Real purity of thought and action. Real victory. And He finishes this amazing promise
by saying this:

"I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel to do it or them."

It is that truth we are being awakened to. What we cannot do, God is about to do IN us. It is called abiding in Christ and praise God, for even the weakest of us, it is sure. He will not fail us. We are about to be amazed.

Blessings to you Jim

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How we need to understand this and conclude that if without holiness, no man shall see the Lord, and if we cannot ever be holy due to our weakness, then it MUST be true that God will do this miracle for us..... in us. He has even said so.

psalm 138:8 -The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands

of course in order for his will to be appropriated into my life i must submit to his will, not oppose his work in me .i must be a willing participant and here is grace .. that he enables me to do so . :)

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Many blessings,

Gideon
:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
It is coming.

The standard God has set for us was meant for us to try to achieve.... and yet fail. It seems we are right where He wants us, LOL. To some, that is depressing, but He does so, bring us to a new desperation and level of hunger only that we can look away from us and look to Him as the one, the only one who can change us. It is God who must transform us, changing us from saved but defeated Christian to an overcomer of all satan can throw at us.

It is only then, in the midst of our failures and fleshliness, that our eyes can finally be opened to the truth that the solution is not to lower the standard, but to believe that God can take us in all of our weakness and make us holy children.

Do we not see? He has promised to do this miracle for us, causing us to walk with the world, our flesh and the devil under our feet. The sins that have bound us and kept us earth bound are about to be under our feet.

How we need to understand this and conclude that if without holiness, no man shall see the Lord, and if we cannot ever be truly holy in our thoughts and actions due to our weakness, then it MUST be true that God Himself will do this miracle for us..... in us. He has even said so.

In Ezekiel 36, in my view the most relavant chapter in the entire Bible in this critical time, God lays out exactly what His new covenant was to accomplish for us. He promises to cause us to fully obey Him. Obedience, the weakness of the old covenant, would no longer be an issue in the new. But it is not as we have surmised. We have assumed that grace and forgiveness make obedience unnecessary. We are wrong. It makes it POSSIBLE! Not for a select few. Not just for apostles, ascetics and the strong. It is for the weakest among us. He says that He will plant our feet on the highway of holiness and listen to this. A man, though he be a fool, though he be weak, worldly and sin laden, shall not fail to walk as God desires. Glory to God!

God has promised to change our very nature to a holy one. Not just positionally, but in real life. Real holiness. Real purity of thought and action. Real victory. And He finishes this amazing promise
by saying this:

It is that truth we are being awakened to. What we cannot do, God is about to do IN us. It is called abiding in Christ and praise God, for even the weakest of us, it is sure. He will not fail us. We are about to be amazed.

Blessings to you Jim

Gideon
Ah, I see you know the hunger I speak of very well and what it does to the believer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I see you know the hunger I speak of very well and what it does to the believer
do not our hearts sigh within us ever longing for our lord Jesus to be all the more glorified within us.. :):):)

Reactions: FireHeart
Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
psalm 138:8 -The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands

of course in order for his will to be appropriated into my life i must submit to his will, not oppose his work in me .i must be a willing participant and here is grace .. that he enables me to do so . :)
Hi Michael, my good friend. Indeed, that seems to be the case. But in these last days, it seems for some who have staunchly refused to believe that God can do such a miracle, even in their contentment with a God who can forgive but do nothing more for us because we are always going to sin, it seems God will even overrule their error.

For those who are broken, hungry and desperate, God will bring these into the land of promise.... an overcoming nature. These have seen the compromise in their hearts and fallen before God to change them from religious to righteous.But God says clearly that in the last days, as the church is awakened to who we really are in Christ, there indeed will be some who will be set free even without brokenness, and these will look back on their limiting their God with unbelief and contentment with forgiveness only as sin still dominates their lives, and only then will they be ashamed of their low level of Christian living as they see it in the rear view mirror.

That is the greatness of the God we serve. Even the doubting Thomases in the church will gently be awakened to the truth that sets us all free indeed.

I hope you are doing well, Michael. I love brother.

Gids

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Michael, my good friend. Indeed, that seems to be the case. But in these last days, it seems for some who have staunchly refused to believe that God can do such a miracle, even in their contentment with a God who can forgive but do nothing more for us because we are always going to sin, it seems God will even overrule their error.

For those who are broken, hungry and desperate, God will bring these into the land of promise.... an overcoming nature. These have seen the compromise in their hearts and fallen before God to change them from religious to righteous.But God says clearly that in the last days, as the church is awakened to who we really are in Christ, there indeed will be some who will be set free even without brokenness, and these will look back on their limiting their God with unbelief and contentment with forgiveness only as sin still dominates their lives, and only then will they be ashamed of their low level of Christian living as they see it in the rear view mirror.

That is the greatness of the God we serve. Even the doubting Thomases in the church will gently be awakened to the truth that sets us all free indeed.

I hope you are doing well, Michael. I love brother.

Gids
will pm

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only too well, brother. It is not pleasant at times, but in the fullness of time, they that sow in tears WILL reap in joy.

Now, when we are finally convinced that He meant this overcoming victory and joy for THIS life, we will be prepared to receive, by faith, what He has promised us. Armor and a sword and a shield of faith that makes victory not just possible but a certainty.

I promise you brother. God is about to take away our slumbering eyes and awaken us just as surely, just as powerfully as He did the early believers in the book of Acts. It is our turn. Ready or not, here it comes!

Thank you for your words. May God reward your desire for Him.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only too well, brother. It is not pleasant at times, but in the fullness of time, they that sow in tears WILL reap in joy.

Now, when we are finally convinced that He meant this overcoming victory and joy for THIS life, we will be prepared to receive, by faith, what He has promised us. Armor and a sword and a shield of faith that makes victory not just possible but a certainty.

I promise you brother. God is about to take away our slumbering eyes and awaken us just as surely, just as powerfully as He did the early believers in the book of Acts. It is our turn. Ready or not, here it comes!

Blessings,

Gideon
odd you would reply in that manner to him.. lol the"sowing in tears " has been a word on my heart and may be linked to what i just pm'd to you ..

Reactions: FireHeart
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian

Blessings,

Gideon
lol how true it isn't pleasant at times, when you love someone so deeply and you want them so badly it can be complete torture knowing you cannot fully have them yet, the heart that is greedy for God never has an end to the love hunger and desire for him. Every day I am seeking him everyday I listening for him always desiring always praying to know him more to have more of him to have a love with him this world has never seen. I don't care how I find him how far I have to go what I have lose or go through but I am going to find him and I am going to create a love with him of only the deepest and the most beautiful of intimacy.

I never hear many if hardly any Christians speak of the intense love hunger and desire for him, I have been to other forums all kinds of Christian forums and I naturally speak from my heart and I almost always speak of the passion the intense love and hunger and desire for him. I pour my deep feelings for him into my posts and this love and passion and hunger for him surprised people it has lit a fire in peoples hearts it has touched them to tears. I was called a rare sort and honestly although I cannot take any credit for this love and intense passion and desire for him I have to say I agree,This level and intensity of love and desire for him is almost never seen nowadays.

But I have always said that God is searching the world and searching the hearts of man seeking a heart that is truly after his that truly loves and adores him with every fiber of their being. Yesterday I opened a bible and saw a scripture very similar to what I have said and i didn't even realize what I had said was in it.

Psalms 14:2The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. See I don't have a bible of my own we cannot afford to even pay for my doctor appointment and even when we do have the money I cannot get a ride to buy one because of my brain damage I cannot drive but I was able to use a bible yesterday and I opened to Psalms because it's my favorite book in the bible and I saw this. David and i are very similar, we peak the same way with God we seem to have a similar relationship with him and several times I will have said something to God or about God and then I read Psalms only to find david had said the very same thing

Upvote 0

BGREER

Mar 14, 2009
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol how true it isn't pleasant at times, when you love someone so deeply and you want them so badly it can be complete torture knowing you cannot fully have them yet, the heart that is greedy for God never has an end to the love hunger and desire for him. Every day I am seeking him everyday I listening for him always desiring always praying to know him more to have more of him to have a love with him this world has never seen. I don't care how I find him how far I have to go what I have lose or go through but I am going to find him and I am going to create a love with him of only the deepest and the most beautiful of intimacy.

I never hear many if hardly any Christians speak of the intense love hunger and desire for him, I have been to other forums all kinds of Christian forums and I naturally speak from my heart and I almost always speak of the passion the intense love and hunger and desire for him. I pour my deep feelings for him into my posts and this love and passion and hunger for him surprised people it has lit a fire in peoples hearts it has touched them to tears. I was called a rare sort and honestly although I cannot take any credit for this love and intense passion and desire for him I have to say I agree,This level and intensity of love and desire for him is almost never seen nowadays.

But I have always said that God is searching the world and searching the hearts of man seeking a heart that is truly after his that truly loves and adores him with every fiber of their being. Yesterday I opened a bible and saw a scripture very similar to what I have said and i didn't even realize what I had said was in it.

Psalms 14:2The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. See I don't have a bible of my own we cannot afford to even pay for my doctor appointment and even when we do have the money I cannot get a ride to buy one because of my brain damage I cannot drive but I was able to use a bible yesterday and I opened to Psalms because it's my favorite book in the bible and I saw this. David and i are very similar, we peak the same way with God we seem to have a similar relationship with him and several times I will have said something to God or about God and then I read Psalms only to find david had said the very same thing
May our God lead us all deeper into Him. It is amazing to me that David had this intense longing for God, a true love affair, while he served Him in the old covenant!

He saw God's goodness even in the law. How is it that we, the benefactors of the greatest sacrifice known throughout history, know little of such passion and desire and love. I am so thankful there are saints like you who so "long for Him like a hart thirsts after the waterbrook". We have reduced Christianity today to nice doctrines and pleasant assurances, while our hearts are visionless to the intense hunger David had for God. But all that is about to change. We are about to be broken, but only so that we can then be healed.

May God bless you, my dear friend. He will surpass even our wildest hopes and dreams as to what he can do for us and through us. The awakening is beginning, and we are about to be blown away. If there is anything I can do for you, please ask. I certainly have a spare Bible here and would be glad to send you one.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how true it isn't pleasant at times, when you love someone so deeply and you want them so badly it can be complete torture knowing you cannot fully have them yet, the heart that is greedy for God never has an end to the love hunger and desire for him. Every day I am seeking him everyday I listening for him always desiring always praying to know him more to have more of him to have a love with him this world has never seen. I don't care how I find him how far I have to go what I have lose or go through but I am going to find him and I am going to create a love with him of only the deepest and the most beautiful of intimacy.

May our God lead us all deeper into Him. It is amazing to me that David had this intense longing for God, a true love affair, while he served Him in the old covenant!

He saw God's goodness even in the law. How is it that we, the benefactors of the greatest sacrifice known throughout history, know little of such passion and desire and love. I am so thankful there are saints like you who so "long for Him like a hart thirsts after the waterbrook". We have reduced Christianity today to nice doctrines and pleasant assurances, while our hearts are visionless to the intense hunger David had for God. But all that is about to change. We are about to be broken, but only so that we can then be healed.

May God bless you, my dear friend. He will surpass even our wildest hopes and dreams as to what he can do for us and through us. The awakening is beginning, and we are about to be blown away. If there is anything I can do for you, please ask. I certainly have a spare Bible here and would be glad to send you one.

Blessings,

Gideon
amen ..

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It is coming.

If in spite of all our efforts to try and achieve God's standard have failed, what if God is not expecting us to try at all? If you are saying that it is God who is transforming us, which is true, wouldn't our self effort at transformation be getting in the way of the work that the Holy Spirit is doing in us?

And if a person is still hungering after God, could it mean that he or she has not come into the personal knowledge of who God really is? If God says that He will never leave us nor forsake us, if people are seeking God, does that mean they have mislaid Him somewhere, like when my wife mislays her keys and we have to search the house to find them?

If we are converted to Christ and clothed with His righteousness, why are people still wanting God to make them holy, when it has already been given to them as a gift. Why seek for something that we already have?

They already are! All our sins were laid on Christ and He has paid the full price for them. Jesus owns our sins, and if we try to take them back, He will come after us demanding them back! We are already sitting at the right hand of God far above all principality and power. That is not a future thing. It is in our present!

If you are converted to Christ, you are totally holy. It was given to you as a gift from God. If you are still seeking holiness, then you either are not yet converted to Christ, or your thinking about righteousness and holiness is contrary to New Testament scripture and therefore up the pole. The miracle of total righteousness in Christ is not in the future, it is right now. Is is our thinking that has to change.

Yep! This is very true, for the reasons I have stated above.

by saying this:

Not true. God has not changed our nature. He has killed it and given us a totally new nature. This is where real holiness, purity of thought and action plus real victory comes from. Paul says in Galatians, "I am crucified with Christ (in other words, God killed me by nailing me to the cross with Jesus), nevertheless I live (as a new creature in Christ), and the life I now live in the flesh (which will become history after our death) I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

So, it is not a matter of Him doing sometime in the future as was previously promised, but it has now been done and is a present reality for us.

I suppose it has to be bored into our brains that God is not about to do it in us because He already has done it! He has not failed us. The problem is that we are still thinking in many ways according to our old nature, and thinking in Old Covenant ways where all this was to happen in the future. God has done it all for us, and we should be amazed at that right now!

Reactions: camphigrades
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

What God wants you to know is that He has a framed picture of you on the desk in His office. You don't have to search for Him, because He has promised that He will never leave you nor forsake you. That means that He is right there with you and in you, even when you don't feel that He is. He wants you to accept His presence with you by faith and not beat yourself up trying to seek Him when you have never lost Him in the first place. Your prayer can be: "What do you want to be for me today?" and, "What do you want me to do in the light of that?" Another good prayer is, "What do you think of me right now?" You might be amazed at the answers He will give you. God is going to pour out His whole container of goodness all over and through you so that you will be totally overwhelmed with the wonder and majesty of who He is for you. You will discover Him as the kindest Person you will ever meet, because those are the type of thoughts He has for you. He knows the plans He has for you, to give you a future and a hope. I see an amazing, outrageously brilliant future for you, and over the coming months, you will experience it for yourself.

If you PM me with your address, I can buy a Bible for you on Amazon and have it shipped to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: camphigrades
Upvote 0