United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, it messes with you. Hard to get it out of mind
It stains you.
The knowledge can never be unlearned.
However, when we say something is demonic or pagan etc it’s not like someone who only has rudimentary knowledge from the outside

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You shouldn't, because 99% of it is nonsense and the remaining 1% that is actually dangerous is not very easy to uncover. You really have to go out of your way to find it and as the years pass, it becomes harder and harder to find as the texts and practices are continually lost to the march of time.
I would say it’s more 15% that’s truly dangerous.
& The internet has made it easier to find.
But you’re right, you have to want the knowledge.
Most *will* unknowingly stumble upon it but have no interest in it.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been seeing it being said that you're never supposed to burn one :scratch: why?

In some cases, demonic entities will "attach" themselves to an object for some reason---a house, a location, a book, a Ouija board. (This is only if they've been summoned up and have a history with the object.....a brand-new Ouija board, straight from the Parker Brothers factory, is probably harmless in this regard, but you still shouldn't acquire one.)

The entity will remain with the object (we don't know why) until it either finds a new place to migrate (preferably a human being) or it is released into the environment. Burning the Ouija board releases the entity. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess. I've heard that the better course of action is to locate a remote spot and bury the thing in a hole soaked with holy water. I don't know how efficient that is, either.

In general, the best thing to do is just stay away from them. Of course, if you buy a house with something attached, then, obviously, you've got a stickier problem. Consult a priest.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
No I agree. It's usually the people who don't know what they're doing who end up with malignant activity. See, Wicca was a big thing when I was growing up because of movies like The Craft and shows like Sabrina the Teenage Witch... every goth girl at my high school thought that they were a "witch" and most of them were just being taken for the ride by manufacturers of wicca paraphernalia and authors of "spell books". None of these girls had any sort of powers, none of their spells worked, and eventually they all grew up, got jobs, and added more color to their wardrobe and forgot all about their occult high school daze.

It was popular for the boys that were into heavy metal and dungeons and dragons to claim to be "satanists" and they had their copies of Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible, but they were even bigger phonies than the wiccan girls. I've read some of the books, read the Satanic Bible, and almost immediately realized that it was all spiritually bankrupt nonsense. I've never been exposed to actual legitimate occult stuff because like I said, that stuff remains well hidden and only the initiated usually have access to that.

I've seen so many Christians deny the influence of magic in TV shows, movies and books. To hear a Christian who grew up in the 90's give a testimony about it is refreshing. I grew up in the 70's and 80's, when it was about back masking in music and artists using Satanic imagery and lyrics. To this day Christians scoff at the idea of Satanic influence in the media they consume, but it was true then and it's way more true today. Most shrug it off, but it's serious business.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would say it’s more 15% that’s truly dangerous.
& The internet has made it easier to find.
But you’re right, you have to want the knowledge.
Most *will* unknowingly stumble upon it but have no interest in it.

Oh my, that does pique curiosity. I have to wonder, what could it possibly be? What could they have that we don't? Secret knowledge sounds almost kabbalistic, but I tend to think the kabbalists should be the ones lacking right knowledge, at least in theory.

I do think demons are real, so someone could try to invoke their powers for no good reason. Voodoo comes to mind.

Other than that I can't really fathom anything to know or find that would be of much use. That's not to downplay the seriousness of anything real going on. Given that angelic powers may be perceived by us as a kind of causality, I do think one way a demon may try to "get" us is by coaxing us into following their lead so to speak.

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've seen so many Christians deny the influence of magic in TV shows, movies and books. To hear a Christian who grew up in the 90's give a testimony about it is refreshing. I grew up in the 70's and 80's, when it was about back masking in music and artists using Satanic imagery and lyrics. To this day Christians scoff at the idea of Satanic influence in the media they consume, but it was true then and it's way more true today. Most shrug it off, but it's serious business.

Yeah, maybe, but the satanic panic strikes me as mainly hysteria, and confusion, not a solid defense. Giving power to content that cannot otherwise harm you isn't a solid defense. Besides, when the devil shows up is it going to play the part? Is he going to make it obvious? There's no rules I know of that say that evil cannot disguise itself as good, especially when Paul admits the same. There may even be christians under the devil's influence who think they are good christians.

So, I tend to try to discern motives. Murder, slander, baseless hatred, and the like, are all things I would expect of a deviant, disguised one.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, maybe, but the satanic panic strikes me as mainly hysteria, and confusion, not a solid defense. Giving power to content that cannot otherwise harm you isn't a solid defense. Besides, when the devil shows up is it going to play the part? Is he going to make it obvious? There's no rules I know of that say that evil cannot disguise itself as good, especially when Paul admits the same. There may even be christians under the devil's influence who think they are good christians.

So, I tend to try to discern motives. Murder, slander, baseless hatred, and the like, are all things I would expect of a deviant, disguised one.

Satan is the prince of this world. We are immersed in Satanic influence at every turn, but most of us don't recognize it, because we're conditioned. Desensitized. I agree, there's a lot of evil hidden behind a good veneer, but there's also a lot that isn't hidden, it's out in the open, in plain sight, to the point where Christians will shrug it off, say it's harmless fun, and continue to consume it. From the Starbucks coffee you (people in general) just have to have every morning, waiting in long lines to acquire, to the violent or depraved TV series you can't wait to get home from work to watch, to that item you just have to have because it is the latest pop culture, to the song lyric you find yourself singing that glorifies sin, etc.

In my mind, this is serious stuff that we all need to be aware of. Whether touted as good or just plain blatantly evil, or somewhere in-between, all of it is bad for us. What we consume is who we are and should give us pause in our Christian walk.

At least that's my perspective. I am sure many will disagree.

• Agree
Reactions: Susie~Q
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In 1 Peter 5:8, Peter gave a firm warning about this lion: “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” Peter says that Satan wants to devour and destroy you, just like a roaring and hungry lion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard a Christian speaker talking about oujia and said that no-one should have anything to do with them, but the most dangerous person to go is a pregnant woman as a demon could attach to the unborn and wreak havoc. I had a schoolfriend who's mother went to a spiritualist when pregnant so had first hand experience of it. God Bless :)

• Informative
Reactions: Susie~Q
Upvote 0