United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just updated my options to show my reps, and this comment appeared:
  • I notice you seem to be everywhere here on this Christian forum acting like you know everything there is to know about God. You don't know nothing. You don't care about the Non Christians, you're only there to act like you do. You have NO LOVE
That stung -- and I'm wondering just out of curiosity, how many of you would agree with this?

And have you been repped this way, as well?

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • I notice you seem to be everywhere here on this Christian forum acting like you know everything there is to know about God. You don't know nothing. You don't care about the Non Christians, you're only there to act like you do. You have NO LOVE
That stung -- and I'm wondering just out of curiosity, how many of you would agree with this?

Well, you are everywhere on this forum acting like you know everything there is to know about God.

The second clause is a double negative, "You don't know nothing" actually means you "do know something", so yeah, I'd agree with that too.

As far as caring goes, I guess it depends on the definition of "care". You don't actually evangelicasize, so perhaps it could be argued you don't care.

Upvote 0

plindboe

Feb 29, 2004
In my pants
✟10,498.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
[*]I notice you seem to be everywhere here on this Christian forum acting like you know everything there is to know about God.

This is true, but then again many christians seem to act like they know everything about God.

You don't care about the Non Christians

This appears to be true, since you don't seem to have any intentions of communicating with people, it's all about getting attention and trying to pwn people.

You have NO LOVE

Rather presumptuous and probably not true. Just because a person acts like a circus clown online doesn't make them sociopaths in real life.

Peter :)

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
While I can't say I disagree with the comment personally (and if a Christian is saying that someone has no love, they usually mean they're not showing Christian love rather than sociopathy), I don't agree with the means of delivery. It's a pretty blatant abuse of the system and I hope something can be done about it.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hello av1611 I have been away from these forums for a while (just busy with other stuff) and I 'd like to engage more with unbelievers because I really do care about them, - not long ago I was just as unbelieving, skeptical and adamantly agnostic as they were about God and creation, so I know what its like to think that way. I was also hostile to christians, only because I was jealous they had faith and hope and I had..well..nothing but what 'expert's knew...and they really didn't know anything about life or what was really important about it.

ok the only constructive criticsm I'd have for you av1611 is that you are on this forum an awful lot but you tend to argue unnessarily and I do get a sense you are very american-centric in your posts..not all the world revolves around america and their sometimes peculiar brand of christianity. But I like your sense of humour although some people would not 'get' it and find it annoying.

To unbelievers - When we know Jesus - we know God. It's pretty simple. You can't really know God without knowing Jesus, without believing what he says is true. And that's all there is to it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok the only constructive criticsm I'd have for you av1611 is that you are on this forum an awful lot but you tend to argue unnessarily and I do get a sense you are very american-centric in your posts..not all the world revolves around america and their sometimes peculiar brand of christianity. But I like your sense of humour although some people would not 'get' it and find it annoying.
Thank you, sis! :)

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
not long ago I was just as unbelieving, skeptical and adamantly agnostic as they were about God and creation, so I know what its like to think that way.

Say, have you ever considered that you might have been completely totally utterly DIFFERENTLY unbelieving, sceptical and adamanty agnostic... and thus don't know what its like to think "that way"?

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single

You don't know nothing.

Regardless of the double negative, I'm sure we all know what it is referring to. You don't know anything about the subjects you like to talk about here (evolution or science in general) (or sometimes mention and not talk about) and you seem to be proud of it. I am sure you're literate in the Bible, but you willfully parade your ignorance on evolution as a badge of honour and it is extremely unbecoming of people who share your faith as it promotes anti-intellectualism and laziness. I'm not sure you consider those who find your behaviour on this point embarrassing. You also take it upon yourself to demonize the subjects and those involved in said subjects that you admit you know nothing about and as of such inadvertently and without apology repeatedly irritate and insult people.

You also directly encourage the surrender of our reason in favour of faith in the Bible's account for creation and advocate a pseudo-theocracy as well as explaining natural disasters as linked to specific foreign policy events with Israel. These can be and are viewed as evil and nasty by observers and rightfully earn you scorn.

You don't care about the Non Christians, you're only there to act like you do. You have NO LOVE

I'm not sure you have no love, and I'm not sure whether you care about non-Christians. Your world-view could certainly be described as servile and therefore a form of masochistic love and I'm sure you advocate that form of love for others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visa

May 15, 2011
✟311.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
not long ago I was just as unbelieving, skeptical and adamantly agnostic as they were about God and creation, so I know what its like to think that way. I was also hostile to christians, only because I was jealous they had faith and hope and I had..well..nothing but what 'expert's knew...and they really didn't know anything about life or what was really important about it.
There is absolutly no need to tell lies luv, no need whatsoever.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought you were pretty exclusive to Science and counting boards.

I think this thread might be against the rules as rep comments probably count as private correspondence.

I've had a couple of negative rep posts.
Very, very, very seldom do I report someone; especially if their comments are aimed at me -- but I'll report a post in a heartbeat, if it contains inappropriate content or cussing.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
As I've said in the past, I enjoy your humor. I think many don't see it though and take you way too seriously. We can see that happening in the rep comment that you quoted.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I've said in the past, I enjoy your humor. I think many don't see it though and take you way too seriously. We can see that happening in the rep comment that you quoted.
For the record, here is the post that was repped: 144

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I thought you were pretty exclusive to Science and counting boards.

I think this thread might be against the rules as rep comments probably count as private correspondence.

I've had a couple of negative rep posts.

Yeah I wonder about this too. Is this thread acceptable, AV? Should you have posted the comment word for word?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I would've changed a couple of things -- I'd eliminate the double negative and strike the clause about you "acting" like you care about non-Christians. If you've ever "acted" in such a way, it was far too unconvincing to be noteworthy.

And if my "histrionic narcissist" hypothesis is true, you at least have love for yourself.

Upvote 0