The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
When we get back from holiday in just over two weeks' time we're adopting a cat from the local shelter. I have no clue yet if it's a he-cat or a she-cat, what colour, character, whatever. Nada.

Options so far (that my boyfriend somehow won't let me use) are Henry Kittenger, Douglas Purrbanks, Robert Meowney Jr., Officer, and The Attorney (hey, I like whimsy). If anyone has any better suggestions they're more than welcome.

EDIT: other possible options are The Baron, The Doctor, and Paul Mewman.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Adelfo
Oscar
Jax
Ajax
Sami
Luna
Bella

I had some nicknames for my cats that I still use but...eh, here they are:

Madame [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] (Sadly, no longer)
Monseigneur [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]
Bebe [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]
Buttercup (Sadly, no longer)
Hairball
Creampuff (Sadly, no longer)

Oh, I finally got to name one of my cats and I chose "Rocky" because I think I was watching Rocky movies when we got him. Looking back, I regret it.

He's black.

Should have named him Apollo or Clubber.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Adelfo
Oscar
Jax
Ajax
Sami
Luna
Bella

I can't name my cat Ajax. My boyfriend's a big soccer fan and the biggest rival of his favourite team, PSV, is Ajax Amsterdam.

He'd kill me. Or the cat. Probably both.

Edit: if I get two I can name one Oscar and the other Grammy. Or Grammy and Emmy. That'd work.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I can't name my cat Ajax. My boyfriend's a big soccer fan and the biggest rival of his favourite team, PSV, is Ajax Amsterdam.

He'd kill me. Or the cat. Probably both.

Edit: if I get two I can name one Oscar and the other Grammy. Or Grammy and Emmy. That'd work.

You forgot People's Choice and Golden Globe.

How about Ranger? We've got a hockey player who is of Dutch descent: Staal.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I figured if I name my cat Robert Meowney Jr. I can name my dog Tony Bark.

You forgot People's Choice and Golden
Globe.

I didn't forget the Golden Globes but that'd be too inviting for jokes about balls and breasts. I also would never name my cat Bafta or MTV Awards.

How about Ranger? We've got a hockey player who is of Dutch descent: Staal.
OH MY BLUE STEEL.

If the cat turns out to be nuts he can be Deranger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

catholicbybirth

St. Louis, pray for me.
Aug 11, 2012
Western Kentucky
✟17,029.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I always name a cat based on his personality or looks. The cat I have now is named "Sora" because it is mostly white with a few black patches. One black patch on his side looks to me like a heart and to my daughter like Mickey Mouse ears. So the main character in Disney's "Kingdom Hearts" is Sora. Hence, that is how he got his name.

Why name him/her if you don't even know him/her yet?

Cats come in various colors, sizes, and personalities. Why not wait to give it a fitting name?

Janice

Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd keep it to one word only. A name with a phrase will get tedious after awhile. I love classic British names like,

Cuthbert
Wilberforce
Archie
Hector
Basil
Lionel
Arthur
Reginald

I also like the name "Piers"

Female names ...

Molly
Cornelia
Cordelia
Octavia

The older and classic it is, the more intriguing. Just don't name your cat anything modern like Kelsy, Madison, Addison, Riley, Miley, Aiden, Ian, Parker, etc. They may sound different today but they are getting old because everyone names their kid/pet these names.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.