• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Dispensationalist Only OT and NT usage of "Last Days"

Discussion in 'Dispensationalism' started by food4thought, Jan 2, 2019.

1. food4thought

food4thought Loving truth Supporter

+590
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I did a quick search of the New American Standard Bible for the phrase "last days", and now I am confused. In the OT it seems to be used at least mostly of the Millennial Kingdom (Isaiah 2:2; Jeremiah 49:39; Micah 4:1), but in the NT it seems to be used specifically of the Church Age (Acts 2:17; Hebrews 1:2; James 5:3).

Can you guys please help me sort this out... I am currently in a discussion with a Partial Preterist in the eschatology forum, so the sooner the better.

Thanks in advance;
    Michael

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,824
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Take a look at how it is used in Joel 2 and how it is fulfilled in Acts 2.

3. food4thought

+590
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Joel 2 does not mention the "last days", it only says "afterward" (even the LXX). Peter interpreted it to mean the "last days", so that is definitely what it was referring to. But I don't see how this helps me sort out Isaiah 2:2, Jeremiah 49:39, and Micah 4:1. What am I missing, Dave-W?

4. Dave-W

+15,824
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    What those verses refer to is the return of ethnic Israel to God in the New Covenant.

It is happening now. Even a few prominent Rabbis in Israel have started wondering if Jesus was the Messiah after all, and that Judaism and Christianity will one day merge.

5. food4thought

+590
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    So you see the ascension of Israel to world power and their return to the Lord as being in the church age? Never heard that before... Israel's return to God is generally seen as happening during the tribulation, and their ascension as a nation is seen as occurring during the Millennium.

6. Dave-W

+15,824
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I don’t see that clear of a hard mark between the ages; they tend to bleed over into the next one.

That would mean “last days” would include both the church age and the trib, and maybe even go into the millennium for a time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List