Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No, you need to review Matthew 25:33-46. Because again you take it out of context. But nice try.

Mathew 25 is about Israel and the tribulation. This is about Jacob's trouble, the time of the great tribulation... Not a believer's walk with God.

Matthew 25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

This is about THE END OF THE AGE. That's what the disciples are asking about in this book. This is about Israel and the tribulation. The ten virgins discussed are about the time of tribulation. How Israel should treat the nations.

You must take scripture in context otherwise you will only apply your own understanding sounds right to you and that leads to destruction. Please repent. Please take scripture in context.

Going by the plain reading of the thing, people who do not feed their neighbors, etc., are going to be condemned, while those who do are going to be rewarded. Now, are you claiming that those are some other people who didn't do those things? Is there some time in the future when people need to begin doing those things? How do we know when that time starts?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Going by the plain reading of the thing, people who do not feed their neighbors, etc., are going to be condemned, while those who do are going to be rewarded. Now, are you claiming that those are some other people who didn't do those things? Is there some time in the future when people need to begin doing those things? How do we know when that time starts?
You are not reading it properly and how can you take one verse plainly without reading the verses prior in the book to understand the context? Did you not read what I said? It's talking to Israel in the tribulation... Instructions to Israel during Jacob's trouble. It is not talking to those who believe in Jesus Christ and who are sealed. Salvation is NOT by works but by faith alone. You are not justified by your works.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You are not reading it properly and how can you take one verse plainly without reading the verses prior in the book to understand the context? Did you not read what I said? It's talking to Israel in the tribulation... Instructions to Israel during Jacob's trouble. It is not talking to those who believe in Jesus Christ and who are sealed. Salvation is NOT by works but by faith alone. You are not justified by your works.

Mat 25:32 - “All the nations will be gathered before Him...

It says "all the nations". Nations throughout the bible refers to gentiles so it cannot possibly refer only to Israel. To say "all the nations" might well include Israel but it certainly doesn't mean Israel alone.

And it plainly states that some people will be rewarded for the things they have done, while others will be condemned for not doing those things.

Now, you claim that all of that only applies to some people at some future time and that it means something other than what it plainly states in the simplest of language.

You're not convincing me.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mat 25:32 - “All the nations will be gathered before Him...

It says "all the nations". Nations throughout the bible refers to gentiles so it cannot possibly refer only to Israel. To say "all the nations" might well include Israel but it certainly doesn't mean Israel alone.

And it plainly states that some people will be rewarded for the things they have done, while others will be condemned for not doing those things.

Now, you claim that all of that only applies to some people at some future time and that it means something other than what it plainly states in the simplest of language.

You're not convincing me.
ALL THE NATIONS DURING JACOB'S TROUBLE / TRIBULATION, SO YES INCLUDES GENTILES DURING TRIBULATION, NOT THE BODY OF CHRIST. THIS IS A SPECIFIC MESSAGE TO ISRAEL IN CONTEXT OF THE TRIBULATION. NOT ABOUT OUR WALK WITH GOD. CONTEXT.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Its faith apart from works. Therefore faith alone. Reread vs 3-5. Where do you get that Abraham’s works had something to do with his justification? And ones fruit is the evidence of what tree it is. A tree is known by his fruit
Except "works" here talks about circumcision and the Jewish law, and you already have James mentioning how works contributed in the justification of Abraham.
Also you still mentioned to have "fruits of repentance" which is an action.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
ALL THE NATIONS DURING JACOB'S TROUBLE / TRIBULATION, SO YES INCLUDES GENTILES DURING TRIBULATION, NOT THE BODY OF CHRIST. THIS IS A SPECIFIC MESSAGE TO ISRAEL IN CONTEXT OF THE TRIBULATION. NOT ABOUT OUR WALK WITH GOD. CONTEXT.

So when should we start doing all those things?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Except "works" here talks about circumcision and the Jewish law, and you already have James mentioning how works contributed in the justification of Abraham.
Also you still mentioned to have "fruits of repentance" which is an action.
Works apply to the entire law, we are not justified by it... No I did not mention fruits of repentance ever in this thread. You obviously mistook me by a false teacher on here. Our works don't save us. "fruits of repentance" doesn't save us, that is an anction and a work on our part and that does not justify us and that doesn't save us. You do not understand the gospel and that is clear as day. FAITH ALONE IN THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST IS WHAT SAVES YOU. HE ALONE SAVES YOU. NOT YOUR REPENTANCE OF SINS AND YOUR WORKS. The gospel is not hard to understand buddy. TO HIM THAT WORKETH NOT the bible says. You can't put your own interpretation of what "worketh" means. It means to work, to work in any way for justification, and to follow the law for justification rather than him, plain and simple. And if you do that to get saved you are not born again. You must trust in him alone.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lol I was waiting for that. Read that verse in CONTEXT. The book of James talks about how we should treat other brethren, not how to get saved.

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Does the person who is hungry and in need of clothes and food saved by faith? No, you must give them food and clothes... That's what the verse is about... Read the verses after not one verse and make it pertain to salvation to feed your agenda when it isn't. It's easy to take a verse without taking the context of it and apply our own meaning to it.
4 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Read it slowly and see how can faith does not save him if he "have not works".

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes it does. Faith, not works. Faith alone. You obviously don't read the bible because this is a fundamental message of the gospel... You believe in works based salvation, therefore you will perish unless you repent. This is just a warning out of love.
No u

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
4 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Read it slowly and see how can faith does not save him if he "have not works".
Yes, faith does not save the starving man without works. Praying for someone who is starving does not save them, but your works like feeding them does save them. You got it right! Only issue if you aren't reading it carefully, and think "save" in this context applies to going to heaven lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Works apply to the entire law, we are not justified by it... No I did not mention fruits of repentance ever in this thread. You obviously mistook me by a false teacher on here. Our works don't save us. "fruits of repentance" doesn't save us, that is an anction and a work on our part and that does not justify us and that doesn't save us. You do not understand the gospel and that is clear as day. FAITH ALONE IN THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST IS WHAT SAVES YOU. HE ALONE SAVES YOU. NOT YOUR REPENTANCE OF SINS AND YOUR WORKS. The gospel is not hard to understand buddy. TO HIM THAT WORKETH NOT the bible says. You can't put your own interpretation of what "worketh" means. It means to work, to work in any way for justification, and to follow the law for justification rather than him, plain and simple. And if you do that to get saved you are not born again. You must trust in him alone.
So is "REPENTANCE OF SINS AND YOUR WORKS" in vain then?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So when should we start doing all those things?
Huh? You are not making any sense at all. My entire point here is about SALVATION and not being justified by your works, but by faith. Not saying you shouldn't feed the hungry and do good works after you are saved... It's the least we can do by the grace and love he shows us. And I am explaining this verse is about the tribulation to Israel during Jacob's trouble not the body of Christ and our walk with God and what we need to do to get saved... This specific verse is not about that.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So is "REPENTANCE OF SINS AND YOUR WORKS" in vain then?
"Repentance of sins" is a work... And it does not save you.

Jonah 3:10
"And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."

Jesus Christ alone saves you.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, faith does not save the starving man without works. Praying for someone who is starving does not save them, but your works like feeding them does save them. You got it right! Only issue if you aren't reading it carefully, and think "save" in this context applies to going to heaven lol.
The "don't save him" is about the man who does not give food or clothes to the poor and sick. His faith is worthless.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "don't save him" is about the man who does not give food or clothes to the poor and sick. His faith is worthless.
His faith doesn't feed the hungry or clothe the naked, correct. Praying and having faith for the sick doesn't save the sick. That's what the verse is saying. It is not saying "save" as in what you are thinking... Salvation to get into heaven lol. You obviously didn't read it carefully if that's what you think. It's saying save as in helping and saving the sick. READ IT CAREFULLY. It is not a message to the believer in question on how to get saved... Salvation is already established before. The believer the book of James is addressing is ALREADY SAVED. As evident in the beginning of the book, addressing already saved "brethren".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Repentance of sins" is a work... And it does not save you.

Jonah 3:10
"And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."

Jesus Christ alone saves you.
"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

Who is teaching something unbiblical now?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
His faith doesn't feed the hungry or clothe the naked, correct. Praying and having faith for the sick doesn't save the sick. That's what the verse is saying. It is not saying "save" as in what you are thinking... Salvation to get into heaven lol. You obviously didn't read it carefully if that's what you think. It's saying save as in helping and saving the sick. READ IT CAREFULLY. It is not a message to the believer in question on how to get saved... Salvation is already established before. The believer the book of James is addressing is ALREADY SAVED. As evident in the beginning of the book, addressing already saved "brethren".
Good, then it shows the "breathen" can lose salvation by not feeding and taking care of others.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This just proves how people who mock the gospel as "easy believism" prove it isn't easy at all... It's very hard to humble yourself and believe in the gospel and let go of the idea your effort and works are in any way indicative of your salvation. Pride, fear, the flesh, and the devil himself gets in the way. These discussions here prove it isn't easy after all, and the narrow way really is narrow. Most will not accept his free gift but think their works are what justifies them even partially which will lead them to hell for not trusting in Jesus alone but their works for salvation. And to those people, God will say this:

Matthew 7:21
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful WORKS?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

And it's a very sad reality which is why I pray for you guys...

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good, then it shows the "breathen" can lose salvation by not feeding and taking care of others.
Nope. Haha you're still not getting it are you? That's not what the verse is saying at all. The verse is saying your faith does not save a hungry person, actions save them.... It has nothing to do with YOUR salvation and justification before God. Nice try though.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

Who is teaching something unbiblical now?
Repent from dead works of the law... You are the one teaching something ubiblical buddy. Peter and Jesus are speaking to you when he says repent, just as he spoke to the pharisees in saying repent, which means a change of mind. Not "repent of your sins". But repent from DEAD WORKS of the law. He is telling you to repent from dead works of the law and religion because you aren't saved or born again and that is clear by your posts. But again, nice try.

Upvote 0