JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I showed you where the stones are in Hebrews... now must I show you this?

Romans 5:13

Galatians 3 explicitly explains that the Law was administered with Angels involved.

Corinthians states that the Law is a Covenant of DEATH etched on Stone Tablets... (STONE TABLETS)!!!!!! And these stone tablets are bound to the Covenant of Moses.

Hebrews 2:14 and 1 Corinthians 15:54-56 should open your eyes!!!!!

How about Deuteronomy 31:26? That starts with Deuteronomy 4 ... where Moses gathers Israel and a “Book of the Law” is decreed.

The 10 are merely Part of 613... and they are included in the Covenant of the Law!

If you want to discuss the scriptures then you need to actually post scripture, and the point you are wanting to emphasize.

Meanwhile, I have asked you to answer my question, but you keep dodging.

Why?

If we steal from our neighbor, is that loving our neighbor?

If we commit adultery with our neighbors wife, is that loving our neighbor?

JLB

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to discuss the scriptures then you need to actually post scripture, and the point you are wanting to emphasize.

Meanwhile, I have asked you to answer my question, but you keep dodging.

Why?

Brother,

I posted scripture. I have large portions of scripture contextually memorized by the grace of God!

When I post an entire book, I’m saying read the whole book.

When I post a whole chapter, I’m saying read the whole chapter.

I've posted scripture all over the place.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think most people miss the fact that hell, damnation and/or condemnation was never created for us. It was created to punish Satan and the fallen angels. We were created to fellowship with God. We are saved from Satan's punishment and not that of our own. We were not intended to be caught up in this mess, thusly, salvation is easy to obtain and impossible to lose. God wants us with him. It is his desire to have fellowship with us, not to condemn us.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brother,

I posted scripture. I have large portions of scripture contextually memorized by the grace of God!

When I post an entire book, I’m saying read the whole book.

When I post a whole chapter, I’m saying read the whole chapter.

I've posted scripture all over the place.

And yet, you haven’t.

Romans 5:13 is not a scripture.

It’s a reference to a scripture.

I post the actual scripture and I point to the content of the scripture itself.

Most of you OSAS folks, post your opinion or your “interpretation” of the scripture and then you tag your “interpretation” with a scripture reference, as if that’s what the scripture says.

You read and interpret scripture through the eyes of your preconceived interpretation, rather than allowing the truth of the scripture to renew your mind to the truth.

This is called a stronghold.

It exalts itself against the knowledge from God.

JLB

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Most of you OSAS folks, post your opinion or your “interpretation” of the scripture and then you tag your “interpretation” with a scripture reference, as if that’s what the scripture says.

Why are you so offended? In the end, does either of our opinions matter? Or is it God's own will that will determine our salvation in the end? I personally am not just some OSAS folk. That is kind of offensive, but all is good, you are forgiven. I am one of those folks that confesses Jesus as the Christ, and confesses Jesus as the word of God come in the flesh. I'm one of those 'folks' if you find the need to categorise me.

You read and interpret scripture through the eyes of your preconceived interpretation, rather than allowing the truth of the scripture to renew your mind to the truth.

Please then, show me in plain english that needs no translation or interpretation where "OSAS is a stronghold that exalts itself against the knowledge from God". And I will show in plain english where the bible says if you left christianity you were never one of us in the first place.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are you so offended? In the end, does either of our opinions matter? Or is it God's own will that will determine our salvation in the end? I personally am not just some OSAS folk. That is kind of offensive, but all is good, you are forgiven. I am one of those folks that confesses Jesus as the Christ, and confesses Jesus as the word of God come in the flesh. I'm one of those 'folks' if you find the need to categorise me.

I’m not offended.

You shouldn’t be either.

Do you believe a person who is in Christ, then later removed from Christ is still saved?

Do you understand that teaching heresy is one of the works of the flesh, that Paul said would cause us to not inherit the kingdom of God, over.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please then, show me in plain english that needs no translation or interpretation where "OSAS is a stronghold that exalts itself against the knowledge from God". And I will show in plain english where the bible says if you left christianity you were never one of us in the first place.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Are people who are “in Christ” saved or unsaved?

Here is how the Bible teaches us to remain “in Christ”.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not offended.

You shouldn’t be either.

Do you believe a person who is in Christ, then later removed from Christ is still saved?

Do you understand that teaching heresy is one of the works of the flesh, that Paul said would cause us to not inherit the kingdom of God, over.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

JLB

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Are people who are “in Christ” saved or unsaved?

Here is how the Bible teaches us to remain “in Christ”.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

Notice that every word of a specific doctrine is designed to make people feel unsaved?

Notice the sufficiency of Jesus is obliterated?

Why is this?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s sad you feel unsaved, because you are suppose to obey your Lord.

JLB

I am saved. I obeyed by Believing, Trusting, Appreciating that His Love and Work is sufficient.... sufficient to not only save myself, but all who come to Him.

It is sad to think people sincerely believe the work of God can be improved upon.

It is sad that a world that is thirsty to be saved is often provided self righteous water that is bitter with the ground up bits of Gold of humanities vanity.

People erect golden calves of self sufficiency to this very day!

This is heart breaking.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am saved. I obeyed by Believing, Trusting, Appreciating that His is sufficient.

It is sad to think people sincerely believe the work of God can be improved upon.

It is sad that a world that is thirsty to be saved is often provided self righteous water that is bitter with the ground up bits of Gold of humanities vanity.

People erect golden calves of self sufficiency to this very day!

This is heart breaking.

It’s sad that you believe and teach people that obeying the Lord is self righteousness.

Those Christians who don’t obey their Lord will suffer Gods wrath on the day of Judgement.

They won’t inherit eternal life.

• eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,
Romans 2:6-8

Why do you promote a lawless and disobedient lifestyle if you are a Christian?

Why not encourage people to do what the scriptures teach?

Obey the Lord Jesus Christ; Obey His Spirit.

JLB

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s sad that you believe and teach people that obeying the Lord is self righteousness.

Those Christians who don’t obey their Lord will suffer Gods wrath on the day of Judgement.

They won’t inherit eternal life.

• eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,
Romans 2:6-8

Why do you promote a lawless and disobedient lifestyle if you are a Christian?

Why not encourage people to do what the scriptures teach?

Obey the Lord Jesus Christ; Obey His Spirit.

JLB

It’s sad that people teach others that they are not Saved and do not know if they will make it or not.

It’s sad that people proclaim obedience is how we are saved, past Believing the Good News.

If any one man, other than God Born a Man, could Obey unto Salvation... Christ died for nought.

The blind lead the blind to this very day.

It is a lie to tell anyone that they can be without sin... (1 John 1:8)

It is a much more grievous thing to claim Christ and be uncertain of Salvation that He promised.

Men make God out to be a liar in such ways.

• Winner
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I believe an individual that cannot confess Jesus, cannot be confessed as Christian and never were of Christ. I get weird looks when asking a newly meet pastor if they can confess Jesus as the word of God made flesh. Those who know Christ happily, eagerly confess Jesus without a moment's hesitation. Then you get some who are immediately offended, and even find it demeaning or silly to ask a 'man of god' such a question. Same can be said of the religious.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I believe that is what Jesus is attesting to in Matt 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity!

There are many who understand who Jesus is. They do great things in Jesus's name. They may even be fervent in their religious duties, feed the poor, teach children in sunday school, but they have never actualy confessed Jesus... They are not 'christian' and their religion will not save them.

I have been called a heretic and shunned for stating not all people will speak in tongues. I said it was not proof of salvation, and it was a gift that not everyone will get. For this reason among others, I tend to pray about my convictions, and seek God's guidance. All men, including myself get it wrong from time to time and need correction, even chastisement. I will pray, and seek guidance concerning what you have brought up.

Are you perfected then? Without sin? Are you able to cast the first stone? For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
It means to give full credit to God and Christ for Salvation....Both saving us and keeping us saved, as this is GRACE, and GRACE is OSAS.
All good points. OSAS is fundamental to the gospel. OSAS is practically a litmus test as whether someone is in the faith as DM25 also affirms. And bring up the subject and yes indeed those opposed to gospel come out of the woodwork to ridicule and persecute those who believe in it as you may have noticed in this thread. Kind of reminds me of Gal 4:28,29 "Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.
At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now."

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
Anyone who believes you can lose your salvation most likely isn't saved. True born again Christians believe grace is a free gift, that we are saved by the finished work of the cross in Jesus Christ alone, and nothing we do, no amount of works we do can affect our justification before God, and scripture says this. It's usually an easy way to spot who is born again and who isn't. Though some may be saved just in a season of deception.
I agree. OSAS is a useful as a litmus test as to whether people understand the implications of the gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
Salvation comes by grace alone, and I never said otherwise. Now, instead of just attacking people, perhaps you can share with us your view of why OSAS is biblically correct.
For example:
1John 2:19
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us.
For if they had belonged to us,
(ONCE SAVED)
they would have remained with us; (ALWAYS SAVED)
but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For example:
1John 2:19
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us.
For if they had belonged to us,
(ONCE SAVED)
they would have remained with us; (ALWAYS SAVED)
but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Thread has undergone a cleanup of goad ratings.
Please do not rate posts which you don't like with ratings such as prayers, funny or optimistic. Just scroll past the posts. Ratings are meant to encourage members, not goad or mock.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0