Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I attended services with my family at their Ukrainian Catholic Church last night. It was said in english so I was able to read along with the printed mass. I forgot just how many times, during the liturgy, that the priest gives up prayers for all of the "Orthodox Christians".. My question is, during the orthodox mass, are prayers said for the Catholics? Just wondering.

And to all:

Chrystos razhdaetcya....Slavite Yoho!!

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Michael0701 said:
I attended services with my family at their Ukrainian Catholic Church last night. It was said in english so I was able to read along with the printed mass. I forgot just how many times, during the liturgy, that the priest gives up prayers for all of the "Orthodox Christians".. My question is, during the orthodox mass, are prayers said for the Catholics? Just wondering.

And to all:

Chrystos razhdaetcya....Slavite Yoho!!

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

Welcome! Please join us more often here.

When the priest prays for all "Orthodox Christian" the word "orthodox" comes from the words [orthos] and [doxa] which mean "right worship" and "correct beliefs". See the American Heritage Dictionary, 4th Edition. So the priest is praying for all those Christians who correctly worship the Lord in holiness and truth and who hold correct beliefs.

The following words are taken from the Canon of the Tridentine Mass (pre-Vatican II):

"... we offer Thee for Thy holy Catholic Church to which vouchsafe to grant peace, as also to preserve, unite, and govern it throughout the world, together with Thy servant, [name], our Pope, and [name], our bishop, and all orthodox believers and confessors of the Catholic and Apostolic Faith."

Yours in Christ our God,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.