✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Halo,

I am writing right now with a guy who is also in a relationship and just wants to be friends. He seems to be okay, we are writing well with each other. But there ist this point: appearance. I told him I do not look what clothes other people have put on..... and I myself put on old clothes who often do not match with each other and so on. I simply have no money to buy something fancy and even if, I am not a young girl anymore who is catched by the appearance of others and myself.... I have had lots of suffering during lifetime and it seems that it has made me less superficial? I do not want to blame people who look at the appearance but I always see the person, not the appearance. Of course I am going to the shower every day and wash also my hair and so on. That is not the point. What do you think? Are you catched if a person has old clothes on or unmatching clothes? I am relaxed in this point. I do not know what to think about this. Here is an example photo of how I walk during daytime. The coat and the sweater are worn, do not look fresh and new. Often I put a long t-shirt under this sweater wich is not matching from the color or is even striped. Would you feel uncomfortable with me walking next to you during day time?

What is your sincere impression when you meet such people? I do not mind if unorthodox people reply to this thread.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you do not want to tell your style of clothes? And your impression of others?

I accept anyone , no matter their clothing style. For safety, here , I wear a T shirt, shorts in the summer months, but nothing flashing money or quality.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Halo,

I am writing right now with a guy who is also in a relationship and just wants to be friends. He seems to be okay, we are writing well with each other. But there ist this point: appearance. I told him I do not look what clothes other people have put on..... and I myself put on old clothes who often do not match with each other and so on. I simply have no money to buy something fancy and even if, I am not a young girl anymore who is catched by the appearance of others and myself.... I have had lots of suffering during lifetime and it seems that it has made me less superficial? I do not want to blame people who look at the appearance but I always see the person, not the appearance. Of course I am going to the shower every day and wash also my hair and so on. That is not the point. What do you think? Are you catched if a person has old clothes on or unmatching clothes? I am relaxed in this point. I do not know what to think about this. Here is an example photo of how I walk during daytime. The coat and the sweater are worn, do not look fresh and new. Often I put a long t-shirt under this sweater wich is not matching from the color or is even striped. Would you feel uncomfortable with me walking next to you during day time?

What is your sincere impression when you meet such people? I do not mind if unorthodox people reply to this thread.
View attachment 305244
They go beyond looking at clothes. They look at the vehicle, the home, the job, education, marital status, children’s status, etc.

I was reading James 2:2-4 yesterday. Even in the time of the apostles the leader of the synagogue favored the rich. The Holy Spirit instructed the apostles who had not been to expensive schools. Matthew was a tax collector, but some of these others were commercial fishermen.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would love if fancy Munich would be like brooklyn. When all those arrogant fancy people would have to dress like me :)

Decades ago people use to attend church services to show off their quality clothes and accessories. Now that many don't attend, they use the street to be admired and gawked at.

Edit: Also need to strut in the correct zip code. :)

• Haha
Reactions: KisKatte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What do you think?

Your position is pretty cool, and kind of what I have done as a guy a lot of times. I also have done the opposite. If I can I sort of try to coordinate colors etc.

I actually kind of think your predicament in a way is kind of cool, because it can be like a secret test of character and compatibility.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
personally, I don't care. provided dressing simply doesn't also become a source of pride, it should not be an issue.
What about appearing negclected? Should one care? Or is this pride? Should I ask a priest to allow me to not appear negclected? Germans believe of the photo I posted that I appear neglected.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your position is pretty cool, and kind of what I have done as a guy a lot of times. I also have done the opposite. If I can I sort of try to coordinate colors etc.

I actually kind of think your predicament in a way is kind of cool, because it can be like a secret test of character and compatibility.
Yes I think similar.... but maybe too much people live in a high standart and for them I am negclected? And neglected and style are two different things...

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What about appearing negclected? Should one care? Or is this pride? Should I ask a priest to allow me to not appear negclected? Germans believe of the photo I posted that I appear neglected.

it depends, what you should talk to your priest about (in my opinion) is just keeping humble in your appearance, no matter how that looks.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
it depends, what you should talk to your priest about (in my opinion) is just keeping humble in your appearance, no matter how that looks.
I am humble in my appearance anyway, no money to spend.... but okay thank you for your opinion. I am worried that we live in a rich country Germany and that the people are so spoiled that they feel I am neglceted in these clothes. This is the opinion from the Germans. That is why I maybe want to do something about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am humble in my appearance anyway, no money to spend.... but okay thank you for your opinion. I am worried that we live in a rich country Germany and that the people are so spoiled that they feel I am neglceted in these clothes. This is the opinion from the Germans. That is why I maybe want to do something about it.

I meant that we can become proud in our external humility, like the Pharisees.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I meant that we can become proud in our external humility, like the Pharisees.
oh! Now I get it. Sincerely just too rarely thing about dressing accordingly. So maybe I should have more a look.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
oh! Now I get it. Sincerely just too rarely thing about dressing accordingly. So maybe I should have more a look.

if you don't really think about it, it's not an issue

• Friendly
Reactions: KisKatte
Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
if you don't really think about it, it's not an issue
It is more like tha lack of money, so I am wondering if I should dress more accordingly like everyone does. Not everybody finds me good in these clothes. I will try to care more but not too much.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is more like tha lack of money, so I am wondering if I should dress more accordingly like everyone does. Not everybody finds me good in these clothes. I will try to care more but not too much.

I'd say talk to your priest, but I wouldn't worry about it.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0