Do you believe in Original/pass on sin?

• Yes

• No

• No Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my fellow B/S (brothers and sisters),

I noticed there are two types of beliefs regarding the background of "sin."  Many feel that we are inherently evil and sinful.  When a child is born, that child is a sinner already.  And/or that the sins of our forefathers are passed on to us (which makes us sinners).  One support for this belief is found in the OT.  There are examples where God say He will punish not only the transgressor, but his/her descendants as well. 

Another belief is that we are sinless at birth.  But since we're in a world in control by the devil himself...we are prone to sin eventually.  Reasons for this includes that we are made in the image of God, etc. 

So I'm interested to find out what you guys/gals think about this.

:)

Slave2SinNoMore

May 30, 2002
Visit site
✟947.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, I believe in original sin. I believe that original sin is simply another name for the sin nature that is passed down from Adam to every person ever born. Does that mean a baby sins? No, but it means that baby is born with the sin nature. The sin nature is that spirit of sin within a nonChristian that drives them to rebel against God and his Holy standards.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.