rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Not keeping original holy sabbath is polluting it :-

Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer....

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Exd 31:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Exd 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Exodus 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Exodus 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.

Exodus 31:17 It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

The sabbath (and the rest of the law) was given to Israel.

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The sabbath (and the rest of the law) was given to Israel.

Please then...explain this.

Matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear , not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

:) LOVE

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To answer my own question... :D

The way I see it is...

We are still always to do our best. We are to try to live within God's laws. Jesus did not go against his Father and cancel out what was given. We must love God and everyone. We must do our part. But we could have never done it all alone. Jesus completed our salvation. He died so that we might live.

:) LOVE

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
The thing though is that Jesus didn't come teaching and preaching the law, He fulfilled it. We can't measure up to the standards of the law, it is only through salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ that righteousness is imputed to us, not by keeping the law. Yes the law is a standard, but Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath.

Romans 10:4
For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Colossians 2:16-17
Let no man therefore judge you in meat or drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days

Act 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, [and said], Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

Act 15:2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

Act 15:3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.

Act 15:4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and [of] the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses.

Act 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men [and] brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us;

Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Act 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men [and] brethren, hearken unto me:

Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.

Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Act 15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; [namely], Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

Act 15:23 And they wrote [letters] by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren [send] greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, [Ye must] be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no [such] commandment:

Act 15:25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

Act 15:26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Act 15:27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell [you] the same things by mouth.

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Act 15:30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

Act 15:31 [Which] when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.

Act 15:32 And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed [them].

Upvote 0
For me keeping the sabbath is not essential to my relationship with God. I say that because of my one of my favorite sciptures that I use a lot:

"Romans 14:4-6 "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5)One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.6) He the reguardeth the day, reguardeth it unto the Lord; and he that reguardeth not the day, to the Lord doth not reguard it."

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by MissytheButterfly
For me keeping the sabbath is not essential to my relationship with God. I say that because of my one of my favorite sciptures that I use a lot:

"Romans 14:4-6 "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5)One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.6) He the reguardeth the day, reguardeth it unto the Lord; and he that reguardeth not the day, to the Lord doth not reguard it."

Exactly. :)

Another thing too, is that Sunday hasn't replaced Saturday as the Sabbath, but we can see from the Bible that the early churches met on the first day of the week.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first [day] of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1Corinthians 16:2 Upon the first [day] of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as [God] hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Agreed, one does not have to keep universal time based on days starting worldwide at the sunset in Jerusalem, one does not have to keep HOLY sabbath from the time of sunset Jerusalem on their 'Friday',

BUT if one does not keep it then one does not receive the otherwise unconditional blessing!

For God blessed Holy sabbath LONG BEFORE the old covenant which Jesus fulfilled and INDEPENDENTLY of any covenant...

Holy sabbath is still an [optional ] blessing to those that keep it, but Israel actually AGREED to keep it under penalty of death...

[BUT even Judaism has been mostly taken in by the abomination of local time-keeping that makes many Jews worldwide pollute holy sabbath!]

Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it

---no mention of any ifs, ands buts here, God just blessed holy sabbath and so anyone can partake of His blessing by keeping it [if you know when it is, most DON'T!]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Dear LouisBooth,
Israel indeed agreed to keep God's Holy days in their old covenant with God.... most people indeed have not made any such agreement with God, so why should anyone but Israel keep Holy days, what is so special about holy days?

Well the SCRIPTURAL fact is that ALL Holy days are described as BEING Holy SEPARATELY from the old covenant ... the old covenant was indeed about KEEPING Holy days, but they were and are Holy independent of any covenant ...

God made certain days PROPHETIC symbls of what is to come, and much of it HAS NOT HAPPENED YET!

God made holy days to be Holy and unchangeabe FOREVER, for all time!

Thus the blessing that makes all holy days SPECIAL is available to anyone who keeps holy days and is lost to anyone that doesn;t keep them...

There is nothing forcing anyone to keep them, they are an OPTIONAL blessing to anyone [but Israel of course AGREED to keep them]

The strange fact is though that it is not that the christian churches DON'T keep days [saying that they haven't agreed to the old covenant]

christian churches DO keep days! but they dont keep Holy days!

The amazing truth [like the revelation that 'the emperor has no clothes on' in the magic clothes fairytale] is that the christian churches , allof them KEEP UNHOLY days IN PLACE OF THE BIBLICALLY HOLY days of God

Now that is just simply wrong, isn't it?

Christians should either keep holy days or NO days ... but they keep unholy days [all of pagan origin. usually kept by local time [which didn't exist] ,mostly aligned to pagan Roman days like Sunday , not the original Hebrew days (starting worldwide at the sunset in jerusalem, same absolute time everywhere)]

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
dear SonWorshipper,

Traditional Jews largely keep local time based on a halakhic dateline different than the International dateline [so a Jew and gentile in the same place may be on DIFFERENT days!]

This leads to some awful paradoxes and not a little confusion and traumas,... people not knowing when is shabbat[sabbath] and even people keeping tWO days shabbat to be 'sure that they don't miss the blessing of holy days

But the problem actually started only some 400 yeras ago with the world adopting local timekeeping....

Nw obviously there simply was no LOCAL time when God created the world or in OT days , time was NATURALLY the same everywhere [what we would call now ABSOLUTE timekeeping. one single time everywhere on earth [or in space for that matter]

Local Time is now the International standard and the Jewish standard, but NEITHER of these is the way God decreed for time to be kept FOR HIS HOLY DAYS....

Thus almost the whole world, including most Jews, is deceived by local timekeeping into NOT keeping Holy days of God

Upvote 0

CrossMovement

Jul 4, 2003
✟8,470.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God has BLESSED and SANCTIFIED Marriage and Sabbath (And God does not change is opinion) . And has we know so far , people are trying to destruct marriage , like for the sabbath. Do people klnow about the New World Order and the thing on the One dollar bill (American) ? The pyramid and have study this subject that lead directly to The Sunday. Did someone have study or learn about that , The next prophecie ?

Look at the movie any given sunday for example , at the end of the movie , the Logo of the team is a pyramid with an eye on the top and light that is surrounding it ? Do you know what symbolize that ? I think that people should study this and they will understand the point of the Saturday sabbath to still keep it holy.

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Holy weekly sabbath of God is DEFINED in the OT and the TORAH , it simply CANNOT be any Roman day, not Saturday, not Sunday, Not Monday, not Friday, not any 'day' of the week that is familiar to most...

Holy sabbath is a HEBREW day that starts at sunset Jerusalem for EVERYONE instantaneously EVERYWHERE ... it is not a Romen day, and it is not kept by LOCAL time

the reason is simple, these things did not EXIST when sabbath was decreed by God !

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.