O'Reilly Factor

StogusMaximus

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
✟4,841.00
Faith
Protestant
I watch him everynight, and I agree with about 85% of what he says. I think he is right on sometimes and I think he is very hypocritical sometimes. All in all I will take him over Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, and Peter Jennings any day!

As far as what he said, I agree with it all the way.

If the Palestinians lay down their weapons, there will be no more violence.
If the Israelis lay down their weapons, there will be no more Israel!

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The O'Reilly factor is my absolute favortie News Show. I catch it whenever I can. Bill O'Reilly really cuts through the fat and I agree with a great deal of what he says, even though some views are a little too liberal for me.

Upvote 0

mac_philo

Veteran
Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟17,392.00
Faith
Atheist
When I used to get free cable at my old apartment building I watched O'Reilly after work. I think he generally behaves like a jackass, but the show is entertaining. I'm ambivalent about his politics, though we agree on many things. His analysis is generally superficial and cliched, and his interaction with guests is generally all bluster and no substance. Nonetheless, he is a rather entertaining television personality.

These criticisms don't imply that there are better options--I find all television news generally worthless.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by gwyyn
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,55772,00.html

I was just wondering if anyone else watched him. I do when I can catch him. I have enclosed the link to last nights show. I found his statement over Israel very interesting!!

what does anyone else think???? :confused:

Well, I watched him for a couple of months and then realized he was just as biased, conservatively, as the liberal media he so often criticizes.

Jesse Jackson is no role model, but O'Reilly really let his personal feelings get in the way of being objective. And when it came to criticizing Alan Greenspan, it slowly became evident that he must have lost a lot of money in the stock market.

He would also shamelessly plug his book at every opportunity, and it was getting really old. But the really ingenious move would be when he would continuously interrupt someone he disagreed with, bashing them the whole interview, and then act magmanimously and give them "the last word" for about 15 seconds.

I really want objective news reporting. Right now, I watch MSNBC.

Upvote 0

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch him often, and was a very big fan of his, right up to the point where he stated that he didn't see how anyone could go to hell if they believed in some sort of religion, this a guy that claims he is Christian, but yet believes all religions are serving the same god...I still watch his show from time to time to catch up on what is going on in the world, but have greatly lost interest in what he has to say...

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Jesse Jackson is no role model, but O'Reilly really let his personal feelings get in the way of being objective."

But Ray does he not do commentary? Isn't that supposed to have your views in and your opinion in it? He is not the nigthly news nor does he try to be. I think he says what he believes. I do not always believe what he does but I think his show is the most honest one out there today. and that is what I feel that he is talking about when he speaks of his program not having a bias.

blackhawk

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by 9-iron
I used to watch him often, and was a very big fan of his, right up to the point where he stated that he didn't see how anyone could go to hell if they believed in some sort of religion, this a guy that claims he is Christian, but yet believes all religions are serving the same god...I still watch his show from time to time to catch up on what is going on in the world, but have greatly lost interest in what he has to say...

I did not know this or have not heard them say this. It is sad to hear.

blackhawk

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Blackhawk
"Jesse Jackson is no role model, but O'Reilly really let his personal feelings get in the way of being objective."

But Ray does he not do commentary? Isn't that supposed to have your views in and your opinion in it? He is not the nigthly news nor does he try to be. I think he says what he believes. I do not always believe what he does but I think his show is the most honest one out there today. and that is what I feel that he is talking about when he speaks of his program not having a bias.

blackhawk

The point is that, when I watched him, O'Reilly always postured himself as unbiased -- just the facts, no spin -- and that he treated conservatives and liberals the same.

Well, after about a month it became clear that he didn't.

There's nothing wrong with having a conservative opinion, just don't try to pretend to be something that you're not.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by coastie

The O'Reilly factor is my absolute favortie News Show. I catch it whenever I can. Bill O'Reilly really cuts through the fat and I agree with a great deal of what he says, even though some views are a little too liberal for me.

I agree, O'Reilly is my favorite. Partly because he is the ONLY one out there that dares to go against the liberal press. And yeah, some of it is showmanship--good ratings pays the bills.

His radio show is alot better. It's two hours long, everyday. It's a call in show, so he talks to a lot of people all over the country. I love it, O'Reilly really speaks his mind on the radio.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I really enjoy watching the factor. I do get a bit perturbed when he says he is "Catholic" but represents the Catholic faith so poorly - usually on the same show. . . i.e calling the magesterium a "villan".
oh and I am bothered when he calls people "idiot" or other such names when they disagree with him.
What I do like alot, are his efforts to expose frauds like Jessie Jackson, the NAACP, and the ACLU.

That said, I try to never miss a show.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Rush used to be on tv, very late at night, about 5 or more years ago. Rush is interesting. But, his personal attacks bother me. He made fun of Hillary and Chelsea Clinton and I consider family of politicians off limits. (this was before Hillary became a politician herself)

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Today at 10:16 PM Lanakila said this in Post #14

Rush used to be on tv, very late at night, about 5 or more years ago. Rush is interesting. But, his personal attacks bother me. He made fun of Hillary and Chelsea Clinton and I consider family of politicians off limits. (this was before Hillary became a politician herself)

Yeah, he once called Chelsea the "family dog".  I think she was 13 years old at the time.

What class...

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.