United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
AngelAmidala said:
HAHAHAHA!!!!

If anyone does that....you gotta let me know what the person on the other line says! :D

I'm committed, aren't I?

So not being a sci-fi fan and all, how do I pronounce "Amidala"?

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Aria said:
Hey, Jenn

Are you in grad school?

I graduate in this June with my double bachelors degree in Speech Language Pathology and Linguistics and am beginning my second term as a grad student.

I am not in grad school.
Still taking undergrad classes that interest me.
I took an Intro to Literature class this past semester completely online and wound up with an A-. Not bad for feeling like I had to cram all the time. It was a half semester class and the teacher thought we needed to do a full-semester's worth of work in the same time. :eek:

And you know, I just saw another post by you and was going to ask how your schooling was going. I'm glad you told me! :)

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
MN John said:
Happy Birthday cpoming up in a couple weeks!

Thank you! :)

My question is ... do you ever get time to post just for fun anymore, or do you spend all your CF time in official duties?

Well, I keep trying. But too some of my CF time is spent while at work (with lots of other people around) so I don't always get a chance to read/post as much as I would like.

I do try to read some areas though to see what's going on and what types of things are being talked about by members. I browse the various Support Forums, MJ forum, and the Information Technology forum on a sort of regular basis. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
JewsManagment said:
what does "fillabuster " means?

Well, I looked it up on Mirriam-Webster online, and it said this:

Main Entry: 1fil·i·bus·ter
Pronunciation: 'fi-l&-"b&s-t&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Spanish filibustero, literally, freebooter
1 : an irregular military adventurer; specifically : an American engaged in fomenting insurrections in Latin America in the mid-19th century
2 [2filibuster] a : the use of extreme dilatory tactics in an attempt to delay or prevent action especially in a legislative assembly b : an instance of this practice

But I learned it as a tactic that politicians use in the Senate or House of Representatives where a particular side of an issue keeps talking and talking to prevent a vote. They can do anything they want, like read a book out loud. But they can't sit down. They can yield to someone else, preferably someone on their "side" so that it won't end the filibuster...but otherwise there's no sitting down, no bathroom breaks, etc.

Upvote 0

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
AngelAmidala said:
So I guess I get to start one of these too where people can ask me stuff. :D

I am busy but I really like the idea of this forum so I will try to get here whenever I'm on CF. But if I miss a question, feel free to drop me a PM with a link to the question or quote yourself to re-ask it. :)

Be nice and have fun! :)
Thank you Angel and El Gothic Turtlo. What do you consider to be the most important aspect of peace-making leadership? :hug:

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Ciborium said:
Thank you Angel and El Gothic Turtlo. What do you consider to be the most important aspect of peace-making leadership? :hug:

Best quoted from an episode of Xena, "Act, don't react."

Which means if something comes up...don't just react to something. I will be honest....I sometimes have a bit of a temper. (It's the Irish in me. ;) ) But I learned I make more mistakes when I just speak my immediate thoughts without taking the time to pray and consider alternate ways to handle what made me want to react. :)

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Prayer, what a great response. :thumbsup: And happy birthday. :clap:

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I've been a bit bad about checking on my subscriptions.

And you're right....many times prayer is the only response one can do.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you're still keeping a busy life. Are you still in school? :)

Heh...yeah. :D

And yes, I am still taking classes in school. :)
This semester I'm taking "Information & Computer Literacy" online. It hasn't been too bad...and even though I work with computers, I have learned a few new things.
Right now I'm trying to decide what to take next semester. One of my favorite professors on campus is teaching an Old English Language and Literature class...which might be fun to audit. But I want to see what else is available.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Would you say Christian Forums is a good place to go for procrastinating on your school work?

:D

Well.....

Yes in regards to the fact that I have done stuff on CF in my entire time as a member here at CF to procrastinate on schoo work.

But no, because then I wind up getting too caught up in here and never get my work done. ;)

I will say though, it's not so bad now with my new work schedule because I wind up having time once I get home before I do my nightly online things to do schoolwork. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.