Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is well underreported that the Trump administration has lead worldwide efforts to combat child sex trafficking, human trafficking, and modern day slavery. I just wanted to outline some of the Trump administrations efforts.

OIP.SJDYhXxaLsyDgHytP-gefwHaDz

Operation Underground Railroad

upload_2020-7-4_13-57-16.png

HATCH HOSTS IVANKA TRUMP AND OPERATION UNDERGROUND RAILROAD CEO TIM BALLARD FOR BRIEFING WITH SENATORS - O.U.R. Stories

Over 3,000 People Saved From Human Trafficking in 2019! (O.U.R. Annual Report)

2,000 Criminals Arrested for HUMAN TRAFFICKING - We're Just Getting Started...

#OURRescue #HumanTraffickingStories #TimBallard

Trump signs order to combat human trafficking

upload_2020-7-4_14-13-2.png

The Number of Human Traffickers Arrested Since Donald Trump Has Taken Office Has Skyrocketed

Child sex sting nets 15 arrests in Polk County Fl

LASD Announces Arrest in Human Trafficking Operation, over 500 arrests

4 arrested in human trafficking bust

upload_2020-7-4_13-59-22.png

Last edited:

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is well underreported that the Trump administration has lead worldwide efforts to combat child sex trafficking, human trafficking, and modern day slavery. I just wanted to outline some of the Trump administrations efforts.

View attachment 280242

HATCH HOSTS IVANKA TRUMP AND OPERATION UNDERGROUND RAILROAD CEO TIM BALLARD FOR BRIEFING WITH SENATORS - O.U.R. Stories

View attachment 280245
The Number of Human Traffickers Arrested Since Donald Trump Has Taken Office Has Skyrocketed

View attachment 280243

OPERATION UNDERGROUND RAILROAD is a charity well worth supporting.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am very happy to see something positive come out of this administration

I believe there are a lot of positive issues coming from this administration. They just are not discussed. There is a lot of misunderstanding concerning Trump on immigration, certain trade deals, and his push for law and order.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 280242

View attachment 280245

View attachment 280243

This is total BS. Operation Underground Railway owes nothing at all to Trump, he hasn't had the remotest influence on it's operations beyond not preventing it from operating as usual. The legislation he set up his phoney signing of - what he signed off was a continuation of activities initiated back when Clinton was president - had nothing to do with him either. Far from increasing under Trump, the number of investigations into trafficking in 2018 dropped significantly, from 783 to 657 ( United States - United States Department of State ) and the number of defendants charged with trafficking was also lower than in previous years. There is a more detailed report here: Trump’s Human Trafficking Record Is Fake News

Once again, the WH sprays out an utter fabrication and people just swallow it whole. What is the explanation?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I believe there are a lot of positive issues coming from this administration. They just are not discussed. There is a lot of misunderstanding concerning Trump on immigration, certain trade deals, and his push for law and order.

I think it would be a lot more helpful all along if there were more posts like yours that showed the positive things coming from this administration rather than the (what seems like 99%) "Trump is God and liberals suck" type of threads. It would also be helpful that when there is bad behavior from the administration that Trump's supporters call him out on it rather than double down on the bad behavior.

Speaking only for myself, I am definitely not a conservative and have a lot of issues real concerns with Trump's administration (not to mention his person), but I am also very highly disturbed by some of what's coming in from the liberal side to the point that it is no absolute guarantee where my votes will be going and so I can't say I fall into the liberal camp either. I plan to look at each candidate individually and make decisions based on the issues, so I find this type of post much more helpful than the other. I guess I'm one of those independents that both sides try to attract. :) So thank you for your rational post!

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is probably like the cancer charity that Eric Trump sponsors a golf tournament for. He holds the tournament at his father's Club. They charge such outrageous prices that there is barely anything left for the cancer charity. I believe the Manhattan DA is investigating this, and of course the Trump Foundation has been put out of business by the state of NY.
It's something positive is happening with human trafficking I would root around looking for the ulterior motive. It's there somewhere. In the meantime why has his administration sent unaccompanied minors back to their home countries while their parents are detained here? They sound like ready prey for human traffickers and their blood is on his hands

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what he signed off was a continuation of activities initiated back when Clinton was president -
I'd say that this program has had marginal success since it's inception in 2,000 under the Clinton Admin. with bi-partisan support. I don't think there has ever been a time of these 20 yrs. that this program and its enhancements and financial support haven't been bi-partisan.

January 2017,
Dating back to 2000 when Congress passed the landmark Trafficking Victims Protection Act, which provided the tools to combat modern slavery both abroad and domestically, both Democrats and Republicans have collaborated on this important human rights and law enforcement issue.
The President's Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons has forged unprecedented collaboration in the federal government and increased prosecutor capacity and improved victim identification and assistance efforts in the United States.
Throughout this Administration, federal law enforcement agencies have initiated over 6,000 human trafficking cases and secured over 4,000 convictions. Additionally, law enforcement investigations have identified more than 2,000 victims of human trafficking -- a statistic that is now available through the Victim Assistance Database.

It's nice to see that there are at least some humane issues that we/our representatives can agree on. That is encouraging at a time when we can see cracks forming in the pillars of our democratic Republic.

On this Independence Day, Congratulations to our last four Presidents who have continued to support and enhance this very important program.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is total BS. Operation Underground Railway owes nothing at all to Trump, he hasn't had the remotest influence on it's operations beyond not preventing it from operating as usual. The legislation he set up his phoney signing of - what he signed off was a continuation of activities initiated back when Clinton was president - had nothing to do with him either. Far from increasing under Trump, the number of investigations into trafficking in 2018 dropped significantly, from 783 to 657 ( United States - United States Department of State ) and the number of defendants charged with trafficking was also lower than in previous years. There is a more detailed report here: Trump’s Human Trafficking Record Is Fake News

Once again, the WH sprays out an utter fabrication and people just swallow it whole. What is the explanation?
I should have looked more closely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 280242

View attachment 280245

View attachment 280243

Odd, then, that the organizations fighting the trafficking say he is being counter productive.

Opinion | Trump Uses Kids Sold Into Sex Slavery to Score Political Points

Yet it’s increasingly clear that this is less about protecting children and more about exalting Trump, whose administration is actually prosecuting fewer traffickers and making it harder for some trafficking survivors to get help. As a result, major antitrafficking organizations boycotted the White House session.

“Over the last three years we have watched with horror as the administration has dismantled protections for trafficking survivors,” said Martina Vandenberg, the president of the Human Trafficking Legal Center in Washington, who stayed away.

“Using human trafficking for pernicious political purposes is new,” she added. “It is a Trump administration invention.”

The Human Trafficking Legal Center reports only 146 federal trafficking indictments in 2019, down from 204 in the last year of the Obama administration.

A whistle-blower complaint alleges the administration diverted antitrafficking money from well-respected nonprofits to less-effective organizations like" <ladies of negotiable affection> for Jesus"

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It is probably like the cancer charity that Eric Trump sponsors a golf tournament for. He holds the tournament at his father's Club. They charge such outrageous prices that there is barely anything left for the cancer charity. I believe the Manhattan DA is investigating this, and of course the Trump Foundation has been put out of business by the state of NY.
It's something positive is happening with human trafficking I would root around looking for the ulterior motive. It's there somewhere. In the meantime why has his administration sent unaccompanied minors back to their home countries while their parents are detained here? They sound like ready prey for human traffickers and their blood is on his hands

Because some forms of child abuse and neglect disturb his Evangelical Christian base more than others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is total BS. Operation Underground Railway owes nothing at all to Trump

I never said they owed anything to Trump. I said: "I just wanted to outline some of the Trump administrations efforts."

'Efforts.' 'Endeavors.'

Trump has done more than any of his predecessors concerning human trafficking. It is why he even got out of trade deals that had countries in them that used forced or slave labor 'sweatshops'. He will not do business with them.

The main reason he wanted the border secured is human trafficking. Most of these issues have been put into a negative light when his reasoning are actually benevolent.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Odd, then, that the organizations fighting the trafficking say he is being counter productive

Why is it odd? There are groups that are going to be against anything this president does.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I never said they owed anything to Trump. I said: "I just wanted to outline some of the Trump administrations efforts."

'Efforts.' 'Endeavors.'

He didn't shut down a program that started during the Obama administration. For that he gets a cookie.

Trump has done more than any of his predecessors concerning human trafficking. It is why he even got out of trade deals that had countries in them that used forced or slave labor 'sweatshops'. He will not do business with them.

You realize that most of his and his daughter's gaudy overpriced "fashion" is made in China, right?

The main reason he wanted the border secured is human trafficking. Most of these issues have been put into a negative light when his reasoning are actually benevolent.

If only he were credible... Shame that he's not.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why is it odd? There are groups that are going to be against anything this president does.

The groups that are actually doing the things you're praising the president for allegedly doing.

Upvote 0