[open] Pregnant women - a place to chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singin4Him

Here I am Lord, send me!
Jul 31, 2004
Texas
✟20,030.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I know I don't have to entirely give up caffeine, it's just that right now the taste grosses me out. Weird, eh? I usually love coffee! But I think I'd be ok with a cold Frappucino from Starbucks, so I might get one at the store later.
I was the same way, I was a Starbucks addict before I got pregnant but while I was TTC I tried to back off a bit. I would treat myself to coffee every now and then though but once I got pregnant I was so turned off to coffee, the thought of it made me want to puke.

Be careful with Starbucks Fraps and any other espresso loaded drink, they have much more caffeine then your normal cup of coffee.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I had a very stressful week last week and started having either cramps or contractions Sat night. Thanksfully there was no blood. I go to the doctor on Thursday and MIL is going with me, cause one of the stressers was the car breaking down on the interstate.

Upvote 0

Redstiletto

It's just me, always has been, always will be.
Mar 31, 2005
✟68,512.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I heard about that Peg! ARe you ok now?

I was having cramps real bad last week, and no bleeding, they told me to put my feet up, stop working so much and drink more fluids, because its my uterus and its a muscle. :p

I find out on Thursday if I have more than one!

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yeah I am doing ok, um, I have a migrane, so it is good that my MIL is driving me around, though bad cause I drive a bus for a living.

Though if the warrenty company won't pay for the transmittion, which they should since it is still covered, then that is $2000 we don't have, that we will have to pay, but our pastor wants to know what all is going on, so I think he might ask the church to help us out.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am trying not to worry, but you know it is just so hard not to. Though right now my hubby is stressing more about it than I am. The only car we have now is a Ranger and only Him and the baby can fit in it, so MIL is driving me all over the place. I thank God we work together and get along.

Upvote 0

Redstiletto

Mar 31, 2005
✟68,512.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:D Aww!!!

I have a broke down Dodge Neon in my driveway! :)

I keep begging Dennis to buy me a Ford Escape (its my dream car, how cheesy I know) But that is the only car I have ever wanted!

And now with baby coming along we will need a third vehicle, One for Daddy to drive to work, one for Mommy to cart baby around in and the truck (I refuse to let him get rid of it, it is so pretty)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redstiletto

Mar 31, 2005
✟68,512.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Aww. Dennis' truck has been with us for years now, its a 2002, F150 and he paid it all off in under a year! He bought it brand new when he was in college.

And when I met him, he said, he would never drive anything else besides a truck. And now he is talking about selling the truck to get a car. I put my foot down, I wont let him.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you sound like my hubby, I wanted to trade the truck in for a van but hubby won't let me, so after this baby is born he gets the Vue and I get my truck back, btw I had to teach him how to drive a stick so that he could drive it when I was pregnant with the baby we lost.

Upvote 0

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I gave up cokes (which are like my coffee) but the only reason I gave them up is that they started tasting AWFUL once I got pregnant. Hubby and I tried to go eat Chinese yesterday after church because I didn't want to cook..but we walked in to my fave chinese restaurant and I nearly puked in the entry way. The smell was REALLY strong and it REALLY got to me!!! So we went home and hubby made fajitas. He is so wonderful! :blush: I FINALLY have my dermatologist appointment tomorrow, hoping they will give me some sort of reprieve so I can sleep again...we shall see!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I had a very stressful week last week and started having either cramps or contractions Sat night. Thanksfully there was no blood. I go to the doctor on Thursday and MIL is going with me, cause one of the stressers was the car breaking down on the interstate.

I understand! I've been under a lot of stress recently too and my Braxton Hicks has increased when I start feeling the stress in my body. I can actually feel the BH and they hurt this pregnancy, last time if I had them they went unnoticed. Its supposed to be pretty normal though and nothing to worry about, just our bodies practicing.... so long as they are not regular like labor.

I hate coffee, but I do like pop. :doh:

And I am ALWAYS hungry now. I sure wish I had an oatmeal creme pie in the house for some reason.... although those are about a billion calories. :eek:

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have mostly given up tea and coffee. i have the odd one or two but i try not to have too many. I used to drink loads of it. The funny thing is that i haven't actually gone off it - i've just decided not to have it much.

Had a nasty experience yesterday.

I was in a shop with my sister - waiting in line to get a hot chocolate and a cake when i came over all hot and sick. I'm used to feeling sick but i really felt like i was going to faint and/or be sick. I had to go to the bathroom to do alot of breathing. lol what fun

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.