[Open Dr Who fan members] calling Dr Who fans (4)

SarahL

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haha my brother is a big fan of D W but I don't count as one because I stopped watching after the last doctor came. But I LOVED the first episode with him (Amy Pond as a young girl etc.) and couldn't work out why I didn't like it any more. Then I saw a Christmas special without Amy and realised it was her. I found her So annoying (controversial!)

Fave doctor still Tom Baker
Totally agree about Donna - I think she's my favourite companion.
Fave episode - possibly the Agatha Christie one.... or the Library double-episode
Also Black Orchid

I have my favourite episodes of the 'new' Dr Who (i.e. the regenerated series ;)!) on DVD and also The 5 Doctors but no others....I like reading my brother's Dr Who magazine when I visit him but that's it so I feel I'm gate crashing this party :)

On the other hand it's the only forum thread I've felt like contributing to today so thank you ;)!!

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Black Orchid episode was the last of the historical episodes in the original series. But the new series actually does quite a few. There was Churchill, Charles Dickens, Agatha Christie, Shakespeare, Queen Victoria, Vincent VanGogh. There were also quite a few that took place in historical settings that did not involve any famous personalities.

Welcome to the Club! No need to feel you are gate-crashing. We agree on a lot of things! Donna is my favorite companion, and The Five Doctors is my favorite show! I am hoping that that the 50th Anniversary special, which is set to include all the Doctors, is as good as that one.

Upvote 0

Iamnewinchrist

A Student, Servant, and Child of God
Dec 19, 2012
✟9,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Sarah l welcome to the dw forum where after discussing the question to life the universe and everything we talk about all things whovian the silence in the library is one of my favourite episodes too.

We also talk about ...? Wait what just happend ;). Welcome to the Whovians of Christ Thread!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

.chrys.

Late to the game, but A New Dawn!! I've just started watching the Walking Dead and I read about "the would-be Doctor" being a major role...and now I'm bummed too! LOL I think we have the same perspective. Once you're in a Dr Who role, to me, you'll ALWAYS be that Dr Who character.

:)

In other news, my husband has recently obtained every single Dr Who episode that is available anywhere...so, we have a lot of viewing to catch up on!

Upvote 0
C

.chrys.

The Black Orchid episode was the last of the historical episodes in the original series. But the new series actually does quite a few. There was Churchill, Charles Dickens, Agatha Christie, Shakespeare, Queen Victoria, Vincent VanGogh. There were also quite a few that took place in historical settings that did not involve any famous personalities.

Is there a list somewhere of all the historical episodes? I'd like to see it.

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spoiler alert do not read if you don't want to know!!!!

The new episodes will see the Doctor and companion have an adventure in modern London. Madame vestry, Jenny and strax will also make a return as will riversong. An upgraded version of the cyber men will appear and an episode set in the TARDIS. After an absence of 39 years the ice warriors return as well as a new enemies the spoon heads. David Warner and dougray Scott appear as does the legendary celia Imrie, Diana rigg and Warwick Davis.
All this and an episode featuring a nuclear submarine...can you stand the wait?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I guess there's a couple of things I missed, but I was all flustered that it was on an hour earlier than it has been for the last several years, and had to do a bit of backtracking. I'll have to re-watch it.

What were some of the subtle things others noticed?

Upvote 0