[open]Did you/do you enjoy being pregnant?

Did you/do you enjoy being pregnant?

• Yes.

• No

• Sometimes

• something I missed?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I liked my bump most of the time and would say that I mostly enjoyed my first pregnancy. My second one I didn't realize how truely awful I felt until after the birth and I then realized that I hadn't enjoyed it at all. I felt sick from 3 days after I concieved until 20 weeks then felt ok for a couple of weeks then the rest of the time I had no energy or anything.

Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No. First four months I was sick from the second I woke up, and then would try to take sleeping pills at night just so I'd stop vomiting if I was sleeping (half the time I'd vomit up the sleeping pill.. so that was fail). Second trimester wasn't so bad, but I was getting so fat. Third trimester, I was a whale and just so uncomfortable. I Was also working AND going to school. So, no fun. I do not enjoy pregnancy.

Upvote 0

stealingheaven

Senior Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never felt so healthy than when I was pregnant with my first, I loved every single moment, however 18 weeks pregnant with my second, I've been off work for the past 3 months because it's made me so ill, I really can't wait to have this baby just to feel 'normal' again, it's a shame because we plan this to be our second and last baby and I feel sad that I'm so ill I'm wishing this one to hurry up instead of relaxing and enjoying it as I did my first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't having a good time with it early on. I've been battling nausea and vomiting since day 1, but now that is slowly going away. I think I started really enjoying it after the first ultrasound. I really, really wanted to see the baby so I could make that connection (because I couldn't feel any movements yet), so that was huge for me. I also enjoy hearing the heart tones, too. Since the ultrasound, I try to talk or sing to him or her everyday.

Upvote 0

ashley lynne

Loving mom and spouse ♥
Nov 10, 2005
Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I looooved feeling him kick and move inside of me. The anticipation nearly killed me...I couldn't wait to meet him! That part I did enjoy. :thumbsup:

But the whole "feeling like a whale thing" I didn't enjoy...I was uncomfortable, felt sick all the time and just simply felt humungo! :sick: The gaining weight I didn't like and I almost felt annoyed when someone told me I was "glowing"...I felt like telling them the only reason I looked that way was because I was about to vomit!! :sorry: I just simply wasn't a happy person. And even more so toward the end!!! I'm 5 foot and weighed 100 pounds when I got pregnant...and gave birth to a 9.5 pound baby boy who was a week early. Moving hurt towards the end. I blame my small frame for my unhappiness when I was pregnant and my small frame had a huge affect on him too. He had been pushing against my pelvic bone for the last 2 months of my pregnancy and had a huge pump-knot on his head to prove it. He turned out just fine though...he just looked a little bruised. I gave birth to him just fine, minus the 3rd degree tear, but the carrying him thing was dreadful.

So...no...I didn't enjoy being pregnant. I did, however, enjoy the outcome!! :D I certainly would do it again.

Upvote 0

javaluver

Mrs. PastorJer
Jun 16, 2006
Alberta
✟20,065.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I enjoyed feeling my daughter moving inside me but that was about the only thing I enjoyed. I was so sore and had "morning" sickness most days. It might have been a bit easier if I hadn't had to be on my feet all day every day for work.

Upvote 0

luv2bhome

May 4, 2010
Alabama
Visit site
✟7,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I loved being pregnant until the last 6-8 weeks. Getting big and uncomfortable, no good position, baby has no where to go except up into your lungs or down onto your bladder. But watching hands and feet press against your stomach and then rake across your belly, priceless. I wore pregnancy very well, no sickness but very big, 40+ lbs with each child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums