[open]Bill Booth's Blood and Fire Drop-in (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac8

Nov 10, 2006
✟15,654.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I need to go back to essays, and I just want to sleeeeep.....

Think I will go put out a really nice breakfast for the kids, that will cheer them up! Could cook them a hot breakfast. One prob I have here in Penzance is that you can't get a cheap bacon substitute locally. In the Jewish neighbourhoods the kosher shops have a salt beef selection that makes good substantial breakfast, but I'd have to have it sent down from Manchester which is unwarranted expense.
There's a good vegetarian equivalent, but it is also expensive and very high fat as well. Ho hum... Need to make an imaginative, hot, low fat but filling breakfast. Ideas?

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How far away do you all think we are from what William Booth wanted us to be as a mission? Or indeed where God wants us to be?

Obviously I'm still new to the army, and recognise that at the end of the day we are just human, but a question has to be asked are we still reaching the people we should be reaching?

I feel we can do a lot better...but as my plant leader says, we can all do a lot better.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
How far away do you all think we are from what William Booth wanted us to be as a mission? Or indeed where God wants us to be?

Obviously I'm still new to the army, and recognise that at the end of the day we are just human, but a question has to be asked are we still reaching the people we should be reaching?

I feel we can do a lot better...but as my plant leader says, we can all do a lot better.

From General Booths vision? Light years

From Gods? Well if you accept that God raised up the Army through Booth then you would have to say the same

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well I can't say I have a vision for the Army...but I know God called me to this Army. And I don't know if this is a quote I've heard from someone or not but I guess all I can do is to "Love God, Love Others, And do it until it kills me"

(If it's not a quote by anyone I'll claim it!)

How are things going anyway Andy? Is it getting warmer up in the UK yet?

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Well I can't say I have a vision for the Army...but I know God called me to this Army. And I don't know if this is a quote I've heard from someone or not but I guess all I can do is to "Love God, Love Others, And do it until it kills me"

(If it's not a quote by anyone I'll claim it!)

How are things going anyway Andy? Is it getting warmer up in the UK yet?

Well I've not heard it so as far as I'm concerned it's yours

Getting colder here now. Winter starting to bite

Had our first frosts already

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Colder! O of course, sorry...yeah I kinda forgot we are getting warmer over here. I think it's going to be a very hot summer this one...so I'm guessing it's going to be a very cold one for you guys..

Anyway, I better be off to study for exams.

Later, God Bless

*salutes*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
That exam today was simple...one tomorrow and then a deferred one in January. Praise God! Reading Aggressive Christianity by Catherine Booth at the moment. Convicting!

Glad the exams are going well Clint:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mac8

Nov 10, 2006
✟15,654.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Andy,

I've burned myself out on the IHQ forum the last few days, so have to go back to theology essays now. I had my son home with a virus, so haven't been able to study - took it out on the forum instead!!! lol

Lots of fun thinking through the future of the church.

Warmest blessings
Eleanor
Sister under private vows

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.