[open]Bill Booth's Blood and Fire Drop-in (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Before the thread was rudely split...That's great! Praise God.

In Brisbane we had our first Congress in years apparently. It was great - you know how I hadn't seen a brass band before - well I saw four today lol. It was great, I absolutely loved it, will definitely learn the cornet to bring a brass instrument back into our band. It was completely different to how our services run, but I've been told it's typical Salvo and o I loved it!

First time that I've sung any songs from the songbook, and o it's going to take my years to learn all the names of all the different salvationist from everywhere but it was soooooo cool!

Upvote 0

mac8

Nov 10, 2006
✟15,654.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh good grief. That's awful.

I would have serious problems with that. I have problems with the way our schools in the UK can no longer give a Christian education unless they are specifically faith school. I home educated for all those years because of this. Tough stuff.

The church has a long adjustment ahead to post-Christendom.

Cornwall Church Health just got invited to lead at a cathedral gathering, so my imagination is full of beautiful buildings, and wondering what we can put together that will work well and be a blessing! It is lovely working ecumenically.

Warmest blessings
Eleanor
Sister under private vows

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thanks Eleanor.

It was a good day, except we couldn't directly talk about Jesus to people, unless they asked us what we were doing, because of legal issues. Is this the cost of being registered as a non-profit organisation?

The church got where it is today largely by the fact that when the Apostles where charged by the Authorities not to talk about Jesus, they did so anyway.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's a bit annoying how I would think a majority of Australians think the Salvation Army is a charity - even other Christians. It's annoying because it means we are very well known, but for the wrong reasons. What good does it do for others if we give them food and give them aid and all but they never get to hear the gospel? Captain Strickland was right..pray for a spiritual revival!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.