✟7,716.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all you Sallys! :wave:

Looks like this forum has sort of slowed down now for a couple of weeks. Let me start by saying I am VERY appreciative of the Salvation Army and all the work they do especially picking up after disasters! I have had several good friends who are Corps members, most of them their entire lives. I have been associated with TSA through my ham radio hobby participating in the SATERN radio networks in different areas of the country.

This afternoon I watched a short video that was in my bulletin from "Living Waters" in So. California that showed a small TSA band on the corner of "Hollywood & Vine" streets in downtown Hollywood along with two TSA officers in uniform. One of them was 'preaching' and although I could not hear what he was saying, Ray Comfort, who's video this was from, was very complimentary of them. And, I completely agree.

Over the years, it is my experience that TSA has avoided evangelizing except to people to specifically come to them seeing answers. I my 40 years as a public service volunteer many times with TSA, I have not seen this at all. In fact, I have been told that when their canteens are deployed during some emergency or disaster relief work, they are not allowed to do any kind of evangelizing. And, I think that comes from jeopardizing their tax exempt status as a charity organization. But, TSA is not JUST a charitable organization, they are a Christian denomination of faith aside from all the work they do.

So, hopefully, some of you who read my little message would be pleased to comment on my post. Salvation Army is the 'boots on the ground' doing the work that most of our churches should also be doing and have done so for many years. :clap:

Paul

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hi all you Sallys! :wave:

Looks like this forum has sort of slowed down now for a couple of weeks. Let me start by saying I am VERY appreciative of the Salvation Army and all the work they do especially picking up after disasters! I have had several good friends who are Corps members, most of them their entire lives. I have been associated with TSA through my ham radio hobby participating in the SATERN radio networks in different areas of the country.

This afternoon I watched a short video that was in my bulletin from "Living Waters" in So. California that showed a small TSA band on the corner of "Hollywood & Vine" streets in downtown Hollywood along with two TSA officers in uniform. One of them was 'preaching' and although I could not hear what he was saying, Ray Comfort, who's video this was from, was very complimentary of them. And, I completely agree.

Over the years, it is my experience that TSA has avoided evangelizing except to people to specifically come to them seeing answers. I my 40 years as a public service volunteer many times with TSA, I have not seen this at all. In fact, I have been told that when their canteens are deployed during some emergency or disaster relief work,
they are not allowed to do any kind of evangelizing. And, I think that comes from jeopardizing their tax exempt status as a charity organization. But, TSA is not JUST a charitable organization, they are a Christian denomination of faith aside from all the work they do.

So, hopefully, some of you who read my little message would be pleased to comment on my post. Salvation Army is the 'boots on the ground' doing the work that most of our churches should also be doing and have done so for many years.
:clap:

Paul

can 501c3 be (1)true? (2) 'clean' ?
are churches better without it ?

Upvote 0

jjmako

Mar 2, 2014
United States
✟7,639.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
it does seem TSA finds itself today in a predicament and I am just one individual that happens to be right in the middle of it all.

In the first place TSA is a Social Service, Disaster relief, assistance, feeding the poor, charity organization, its been that way from its inception in east end of London.

But today we now have TSA in over 120 countries (right?) and many if not all, have Corps, (churches) preaching and saving individuals. Today we are also a congregation, with are beliefs, principles and practices.

John Wilkes Booth did NOT start The Salvation Army! I have told him that several times about the comment allowed to be made. Attacking TSA doctrine and beliefs and practices have been confronted to no avail.

We are a Denominational congregation. In my little town with a larger than average Corps of about 75-100. Being true and faithful to the denomination has gotten me thrown out of the church, till the current leaders are no longer there.

Is it the 501c3 or is it the leaders making their own congregation here locally on the heels of TSA? What will happen after 15 years already, when they retire? will TSA fall because very little "principles and practices" are present?

I don't know. Never mind! I've been out of there for about 3 months now.

Our Son will be graduating TSA college here in June. We are proud parents. But we are torn at how we can not attend TSA in town, due to our loyality to "principles and practices".

Upvote 0

LoganSC

Aug 5, 2014
✟15,115.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
jjmako, that's very strange to hear. Even though the world is hostile to us, I've always been able to find sanctuary in the corps.

My corps doesn't do open air, because the city has made it very difficult for us to get a permit. It's sad, because people used to appreciate the SA, and we used to basically get exemption from the law, because of all the good we do. Now, Satan has a strong grip on the world, and people have forgotten what the church does for them. I think Jesus is coming soon, because the world is extremely hostile to Christianity.

We still do canteens, though, because our city is a hub for homeless to travel through.

Upvote 0