• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

one of the weirdest things ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtp40

May 14, 2006
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
so I haven't been posting much, my OCD has been so rampant it's been hard to do just about anything, but yeah, I really want to share this because I'm freaked out.

Ok, so yesterday started out like any other normal day, I got up, went to class, went to another class, ate something, etc. So I go home and actually get something done for once, I cleaned out the trunk of my car, now all I have is the essentials in there, great. So I finish that and sit down to watch the little tv that I do watch. I always like to watch rides and american chopper, I really like that kinda thing. So I watch rides and eat lunch, and drink a coke. So later on I see that there's a waterbottle on the table across the room, and there's a waterbottle that I'm drinking. Now my memories are kinda fuzzy on all this, but I'm pretty sure I remember looking at both bottles at the same time and thinking "I wonder which bottle is mine?". So time goes by and I come back into the family room (where I was eating) after going to do something. I look at the bottle where I was eating and I turn around and the other bottle is gone. I checked everywhere, it didn't fall off the table or anything like that. What?? It's GONE. Literally no where to be found. So I ask myself, did I even bring an extra waterbottle in the house besides the main one I had? No. What??? So I have NO idea where the bottle came from or went, all I know is that it's not there. So, naturally as someone who has sever OCD, dissociative problems, and anxiety I'm pretty freaked out. I have a few hypothesis about what may have happened. But first, what really freaks me out is that I don't "see stuff" nor do I hear stuff or anything like that. I have OCD not schizophrenia.

1. I could have set the bottle on the first table, seen it, then moved it to the second table, seen it, and then thought it was still on the table

2. The other thing I'm thinking is that I might have been dreaming. Like a narcoleptic episode. I was completely conscious the whole time and could recall everything going on on tv and I was not lying back or anything, so I couldn't have fallen completely asleep or I would have fallen back, so the only thing is if I started dreaming while I was still awake and that's why I saw both bottles. I don't think I have narcolepsy but I'm always tired and I do have a sleep disorder (night terrors) but the last two nights before yesterday I had not gotten much sleep.

3. I could have moved the bottle, but I couldn't find it.

4. I may have been so tired that I was just out of it, but since I had just finished something active (cleaning my trunk) I wasn't feeling tired at the moment, however I was very tired earlier.

So what do you think? Has anyone ever had an episode like this? I'm guessing my mind was just playing tricks on me, but I am freaked out.

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the best thing to do is not to get too much into details about this kind of stuff or It will drive you insane. Just the fact that you have written so much about it shows that you analyze things to the extreme(Maybe that's part of your OCD). Our minds some times play tricks on us, and I think It's best not to dwell on them so much. Try to concentrate on things that are more important than some thing that will drive you crazy. GOD Bless you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.