✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eph 4:
4 There is one body [of believers] and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when called [to salvation]
(MY NOTE: One body/church, one Spirit/Holy Spirit)

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Bible source link: Ephesians 4 AMP - Unity of the Spirit - So I, the - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: One Lord/Jesus, one baptism/Holy Spirit [No Water used] & one faith. The faith OF Christ [Gal 2:16, 2:20, 3:22, Rom 3:22] & ALL those that place their faith His sin atoning death & resurrection)

1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life].
Bible source link: 1 Corinthians 12 AMP - The Use of Spiritual Gifts - Now about - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: Only Christ baptizes with the Holy Spirit [Matt 3:11, Lk 3:16, Mk 1:8, Jn 1:33]. Through this spiritual baptism ALL believers are transformed & united together. One Church/the Body of Christ. (1 Cor 10:16,17, 12:12,25,26,27, Rom 12:4-5, Col 1:18, 1:24, 2:19, 3:15, Eph 4:4,11,13,15,16 5:23,29,30, Gal 3:27)

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ in the stripping off of the body of the flesh [the sinful carnal nature]
Colossians 2 AMP - You Are Built Up in Christ - For I want - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: This is the [Deut 30:6] foretold New Covenant. A spiritual circumcision of the human heart. Preformed by the Lord Himself without hands or without water)

Jn 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [c]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever
John 14 AMP - Jesus Comforts His Disciples - “Do - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: The Comforter = Christ's Holy Spirit will abide with/in us FOREVER!)

Summery,
Through Faith & faith alone [placed in Christs death [sins required wage/Rom 6:23 PAID] burial [Proof Jesus died] & resurrection [Father God's receipt, sins required wage received & accepted] [See 1 Cor 15:1-4] The believer is sealed/saved & forever secure! Thank you Lord Jesus)

Eph 1:
13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God].

14 The Spirit is the [e]guarantee [the first installment, the pledge, a foretaste] of our inheritance until the redemption of God’s own [purchased] possession [His believers], to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1 AMP - The Blessings of Redemption - Paul, an - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: Written to believers [Eph 1:2]. When you heard about Christs sin atoning death & resurrection. And believed, you were ""stamped & sealed"" with Christ's FOREVER indwelling Holy Spirit.

Find Bible dictionary definitions on Seal & Earnest at the bottom.

Heb 9:12 He went once for all into the Holy Place [the Holy of Holies of heaven, into the presence of God], and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, having obtained and secured eternal redemption [that is, the salvation of all who personally believe in Him as Savior].
Hebrews 12 AMP - Jesus, the Example - Therefore, since - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: Christ' sinless God blood offering is a perpetual sin cleansing agent. That obtained ETERNAL redemption for every believer.)

Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace [the source of serenity and spiritual well-being] who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood that sealed and ratified the eternal covenant
Hebrews 13 AMP - The Changeless Christ - Let love of - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: The risen Christ' perpetual sin management, blood covenant, is EVERLASTING!) Not just 1 year or until the next time to stumble or miss the mark)

Ps 37:28 For the Lord delights in justice And does not abandon His saints (faithful ones); They are preserved forever,
Psalm 37 AMP - Security of Those Who Trust in the - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: The Lord doesn't forsake His saints/believers but PRESERVES them FOREVER!)

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin]
Ephesians 4 AMP - Unity of the Spirit - So I, the - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: [Eph 1:1] written to saints/believers. Are Sealed via Christ's indwelling Holy Spirit. Delivered from sins the consequence & preserved until the day of our bodily redemption. Through an everlasting, Christ mediated [Heb 8:6 & 12:24] perpetual sin cleansing covenant)

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: definition - Seal

English "seal" = Greek "sphragizo" context as a verb - Strongs ref #4972
(d) ownership and security, three indications are conveyed in Ephesians 1:13 , in the metaphor of the "sealing" of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed," "after that ye believed;" the aorist (TENSE) participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith); the idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" (see also Ephesians 1:14 ); so Ephesians 4:30 , "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption;"

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words [ 1,,G728, arrabon ] - Earnest
originally, earnest-money" deposited by the purchaser and forfeited if the purchase was not completed, was probably a Phoenician word, introduced into Greece. In general usage it came to denote "a pledge" or "earnest" of any sort; in the NT it is used only of that which is assured by God to believers; it is said of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge" of all their future blessedness, 2 Corinthians 1:22; 2 Corinthians 5:5; in Ephesians 1:14, particularly of their eternal inheritance. In the Sept., Genesis 38:17-Genesis 38:18, Genesis 38:20. In modern Greek arrabona is an "engagement ring."

The Church is called the bride & in modern Greek arrabona is an engagement ring!

The Earnest is the Lords promise He's coming for you! AMEM & Amen!

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟910,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eph 4:
4 There is one body [of believers] and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when called [to salvation]
(MY NOTE: One body/church, one Spirit/Holy Spirit)

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Bible source link: Ephesians 4 AMP - Unity of the Spirit - So I, the - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: One Lord/Jesus, one baptism/Holy Spirit [No Water used] & one faith. The faith OF Christ [Gal 2:16, 2:20, 3:22, Rom 3:22] & ALL those that place their faith His sin atoning death & resurrection)

1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life].
Bible source link: 1 Corinthians 12 AMP - The Use of Spiritual Gifts - Now about - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: Only Christ baptizes with the Holy Spirit [Matt 3:11, Lk 3:16, Mk 1:8, Jn 1:33]. Through this spiritual baptism ALL believers are transformed & united together. One Church/the Body of Christ. (1 Cor 10:16,17, 12:12,25,26,27, Rom 12:4-5, Col 1:18, 1:24, 2:19, 3:15, Eph 4:4,11,13,15,16 5:23,29,30, Gal 3:27)

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ in the stripping off of the body of the flesh [the sinful carnal nature]
Colossians 2 AMP - You Are Built Up in Christ - For I want - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: This is the [Deut 30:6] foretold New Covenant. A spiritual circumcision of the human heart. Preformed by the Lord Himself without hands or without water)

Jn 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [c]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever
John 14 AMP - Jesus Comforts His Disciples - “Do - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: The Comforter = Christ's Holy Spirit will abide with/in us FOREVER!)

Summery,
Through Faith & faith alone [placed in Christs death [sins required wage/Rom 6:23 PAID] burial [Proof Jesus died] & resurrection [Father God's receipt, sins required wage received & accepted] [See 1 Cor 15:1-4] The believer is sealed/saved & forever secure! Thank you Lord Jesus)

Eph 1:
13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God].

14 The Spirit is the [e]guarantee [the first installment, the pledge, a foretaste] of our inheritance until the redemption of God’s own [purchased] possession [His believers], to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1 AMP - The Blessings of Redemption - Paul, an - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: Written to believers [Eph 1:2]. When you heard about Christs sin atoning death & resurrection. And believed, you were ""stamped & sealed"" with Christ's FOREVER indwelling Holy Spirit.

Find Bible dictionary definitions on Seal & Earnest at the bottom.

Heb 9:12 He went once for all into the Holy Place [the Holy of Holies of heaven, into the presence of God], and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, having obtained and secured eternal redemption [that is, the salvation of all who personally believe in Him as Savior].
Hebrews 12 AMP - Jesus, the Example - Therefore, since - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: Christ' sinless God blood offering is a perpetual sin cleansing agent. That obtained ETERNAL redemption for every believer.)

Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace [the source of serenity and spiritual well-being] who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood that sealed and ratified the eternal covenant
Hebrews 13 AMP - The Changeless Christ - Let love of - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: The risen Christ' perpetual sin management, blood covenant, is EVERLASTING!) Not just 1 year or until the next time to stumble or miss the mark)

Ps 37:28 For the Lord delights in justice And does not abandon His saints (faithful ones); They are preserved forever,
Psalm 37 AMP - Security of Those Who Trust in the - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: The Lord doesn't forsake His saints/believers but PRESERVES them FOREVER!)

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin]
Ephesians 4 AMP - Unity of the Spirit - So I, the - Bible Gateway
(MY NOTE: [Eph 1:1] written to saints/believers. Are Sealed via Christ's indwelling Holy Spirit. Delivered from sins the consequence & preserved until the day of our bodily redemption. Through an everlasting, Christ mediated [Heb 8:6 & 12:24] perpetual sin cleansing covenant)

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: definition - Seal

English "seal" = Greek "sphragizo" context as a verb - Strongs ref #4972
(d) ownership and security, three indications are conveyed in Ephesians 1:13 , in the metaphor of the "sealing" of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed," "after that ye believed;" the aorist (TENSE) participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith); the idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" (see also Ephesians 1:14 ); so Ephesians 4:30 , "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption;"

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words [ 1,,G728, arrabon ] - Earnest
originally, earnest-money" deposited by the purchaser and forfeited if the purchase was not completed, was probably a Phoenician word, introduced into Greece. In general usage it came to denote "a pledge" or "earnest" of any sort; in the NT it is used only of that which is assured by God to believers; it is said of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge" of all their future blessedness, 2 Corinthians 1:22; 2 Corinthians 5:5; in Ephesians 1:14, particularly of their eternal inheritance. In the Sept., Genesis 38:17-Genesis 38:18, Genesis 38:20. In modern Greek arrabona is an "engagement ring."

The Church is called the bride & in modern Greek arrabona is an engagement ring!

The Earnest is the Lords promise He's coming for you! AMEM & Amen!
Are you indicating that these verses teach the " once saved always saved" doctrine of men ?
Thanks for clarifying.
Blessings

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you indicating that these verses teach the " once saved always saved" doctrine of men ?
Thanks for clarifying.
Blessings

The Ephesians epistle is written to believers (See Eph 1:2).

I believe these two alone (find many more in the OP) answer your question

Eph 1:

Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 1 - Amplified Bible

The above link is to the Bible source. All brackets are placed by their verifiable translators.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟910,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ephesians epistle is written to believers (See Eph 1:2).

I believe these two alone (find many more in the OP) answer your question

Eph 1:

Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 1 - Amplified Bible

The above link is to the Bible source. All brackets are placed by their verifiable translators.
I guess you don't want to answer my question? The verses do not teach OSAS doctrine.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I guess you don't want to answer my question? The verses do not teach OSAS doctrine.

At the bottom of the OP. Find Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words. Definition of Seal & Earnest. Their definitions disagree with your opinion.

Vines translators are also verifiable. Send a question with a self-addressed stamped return envelope. They will return it with your scripture in question & the translators' credentials.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟910,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe you can lose your salvation, then?
Yes. This is what Jesus Christ of Nazareth warned us about over and over.
Blessings.
" I never knew you ". Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(MY NOTE: Jesus say's he that does the will of His Father. Shall enter into the kingdom of heaven

Here Jesus say's exactly what, the will of the Father is:

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that everyone which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
(MY NOTE: Jesus say's will of His Father is Believe on Hs Son. Believe what? Place your Faith in Christ' redemptive sin atoning sacrifice. Found in the death (sins required wage paid), burial (proof Christ died) & resurrection (God's receipt, payment received & accepted. Christ will take care of the rest.)

The Gospel/Good news is:

1 Cor 15:
1 Moreover, brethren, "I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you", which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
(MY NOTE: The apostle declares the gospel which He preached)

2 "By which also ye are saved", if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
(MY NOTE: By which also ye are saved)

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how "that Christ died for our sins" according to the scriptures.
(MY NOTE: Is, Christ died for our sins)

4 And "that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day" according to the scriptures:
(MY NOTE: Christ was buried & He rose again the third day)

Verses 1-4 Recap: Paul declares the gospel which he preached: By which also ye are saved - is -Christ died for our sins - Was buried & He rose again the third day)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The gospel of Jesus Christ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The moment you're saved. God gives many gifts His grace, His righteousness, justification, eternal life via is eternally indwelling Holy Spirit.

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

When you believe & are saved.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed "ye were sealed with that holy Spirit'' of promise
(MY NOTE: When you trusted/believed, you were "SEALED" by the HOLY SPIRIT, a promise of God)

Eph 1:14 Which is the down payment of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession
(MYNOTE: The HOLY SPIRIT you were SEALED with is GODS down payment on your salvation)

2 Tim 1:14 The Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you
(MY NOTE: God gives us the HOLY SPIRIT as a DEPOSIT. To GUARD us until the final day of redemption)

2 Cor 1:22 Who hath also "sealed us" & "given the earnest" of the Holy Spirit in our hearts
(MY NOTE: God has SEALED us with the earnest = a DOWN PAYMENT of His HOLY SPIRIT)

2 Cor 5:5 God, who also hath given unto us "the earnest" of the Spirit
(MY NOTE: God have given us the HOLY SPIRIT as the earnest = a DOWN PAYMENT)

A Seal, A Down Payment, A deposit, A Guard, A pledge. ITS A SALVATION GUARANTEE!

Eph 4:30 grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are "sealed" unto the day of redemption
(MY NOTE: Gods HOLY SPIRIT is a SEAL given unto you receive your incorruptible heavenly body (1 Cor 15:42-44-53) on the day of redemption)

Upvote 0

baptist4life

Jul 21, 2012
✟32,693.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In my humble opinion, to say that you could lose your salvation means to me that you put your works in there. That boils down to being a works salvation, not a Grace salvation. In your opinion, what could cause you to lose your salvation? And, how do you know if you're saved today, then maybe lost tomorrow, then saved again the next day, oops, lost again next week, saved again a few months from now? Or, are you saying that if you get saved, lose it somehow, you can never be saved again? That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jude:
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling & to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy
(MY NOTE: God is both willing & able to guarantee & maintain the salvation He has given us)

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory & majesty, dominion & power, both now & ever
(MY NOTE: Nothing can pluck away [Sin included] a believer. Because Christ [our advocate 1 Jn 2:1] is able to keep us faultless)

Rom 8:
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(MY NOTE: Once justified/forgiven nothing can separate a Christian from God’s love)

Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(MY NOTE: Christ is every believer's defense attorney/advocate & He's the Judge [Jn 5:22]. Sin vertict NOT GUILTY!)

Jn 5:24 “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, the person who hears My word [the one who heeds My message], and believes and trusts in Him who sent Me, has (possesses now) eternal life [that is, eternal life actually begins—the believer is transformed], and does not come into judgment and condemnation, but has passed [over] from death into life.
(MY NOTE: He who believes in Christ HAS <PRESENT TENSE > right now eternal life)

Jn 10:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
(MT NOTE; Those that have eternal life shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand)

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand
(MY NOTE: Nothing can sever a believer from the love of Christ)

Rev 1:5 Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Jesus Christ that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(MY NOTE: When we place our faith in Jesus faithful sin atoning work & resurrection. That ALL our sins are remised. Also see Col 1:14 & 2:13)

Eph 1:
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
(MY NOTE: HAS MADE <past tense/already done> ACCEPTED in/thru Christ)

7 In Jesus Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
(MY NOTE: Believers have <PRESENT TENSE redemption forgiveness of sins >SINS IS PURAL! Also see Col 1:14 & 2:13)

1 Jn 5:
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
(MY NOTE: He that believes ibn Christs sin atoning death & resurrection HAS LIFE < NOW-PRESENT TENSE)

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers that you may KNOW that you HAVE RIGHT NOW/PRESENT TENSE > eternal life)

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Christ obtained ETERNAL REDEMPTION for us)

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
(MY NOTE: This new sin management blood covenant is EVERLASTING! Not just 1 year or until the next time to stumble or fall)

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
(MY NOTE: Christ PERFECTED FOREVER those that are sanctified)

Ps 37:28 For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
(MY NOTE: The Lord doesn't forsake His saints/believers, but PRESERVES them FOREVER!)

Jude 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ
(MY NOTE: Believers/saints are sanctified by God & PRESERVED in Jesus Christ)

King James Bible Dictionary Definition: - FORGIV'EN = Pardoned remitted.
FORGIVEN - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

Eph 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Forgive each other as God forgave <PAST TENSE> you.)

Col 3:13 Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Vs 13 As the Lord has < PAST TENSE > forgiven you)

1 Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
(MY NOTE: Believers you ARE forgiven [not just until your next sin] for Christ's name's sake)

Vine's Expository Dictionary of NT Words; Forgiven:
(a) "to bestow a favor unconditionally," is used of the act of "forgiveness," whether Divine, Ephesians 4:32 ; Colossians 2:13 ; 3:13.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Blessings.

Bible study 101:

When dissecting any verse of scripture. Ask yourself, of whom, to whom, with what words, what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances, considering what is written before and what follows any single verse context.
^^^Myles Coverdale, Bible theologian/translator^^^

Taking one verse out of context & building trying to build a doctrine. Invariably leads to scripture misunderstandings.

Ultimately there are only two eternal choices. Belief & unbelief

Matt 7:
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(MY NOTE: If you go back further. The false prophets/ravening wolves. Were leadership pharisee's that rejected their Messiah = unbelief)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
MY NOTE: All unbelieving pretenders shall NOT enter into the kingdom of heaven. Those that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 7:21 Jesus said; Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; '""but he that doeth the will of my Father""" which is in heaven.

(MY NOTE: How does Jesus say one will enter into the kingdom of heaven? """Whoever does the will of the Father!""")

Will of the Father BELIEVE on the SON!

John 6:40 Jesus said; this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which "seeth the Son, and believeth on him" may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

(NOTE: The will of the Father is Believe on His Son: Place your Faith in the redemptive sin atoning sacrifice. Found in the death (sins required wage paid), burial (proof Christ died) & resurrection (God's receipt, payment received & accepted. Christ will take care of the rest.)

• Useful
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother JJ,
Thanks for sharing. No need to dissect His words of warning. I'm pretty sure it pertains to all.
Blessings

I was helping anyone reading to understand your presentation of Matt 7:21 is incorrect.

The verse is not related to salvation or the loss thereof. Nor is it applicable to anyone saved today.

While Jesus is alive no one has been nor could be saved. Because the Holy Spirit isn't given until after His glorification/resurrection. Read ve 39 below

Jn 7:
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blessings.

Hello maria, If he never knew them that indicates they were never saved to begin with...Mt seven says I never at anytime knew you.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟910,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello maria, If he never knew them that indicates they were never saved to begin with...Mt seven says I never at anytime knew you.
Falling away means just that. There are warnings all through scripture about apostasy. Here are snippets in scripture of what these signs and characteristics are. " I never knew you" comes on judgment day. We have a choice to stay the course or fall away. One can not depart from the faith if they were never in the faith to begin with.
"once enlightened "
"tasted the heavenly gift"
" shared in the Holy Spirit"
"abandoned the love you had first"
"unbelieving heart leading you to fall away"
"hardened by the decitfulness of sin"
"many will fall away and betray and hate one another"
"your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ."
"wanders from the truth "

Etc.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Falling away means just that. There are warnings all through scripture about apostasy. Here are snippets in scripture of what these signs and characteristics are. " I never knew you" comes on judgment day. We have a choice to stay the course or fall away. One can not depart from the faith if they were never in the faith to begin with.
"once enlightened "
"tasted the heavenly gift"
" shared in the Holy Spirit"
"abandoned the love you had first"
"unbelieving heart leading you to fall away"
"hardened by the decitfulness of sin"
"many will fall away and betray and hate one another"
"your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ."
"wanders from the truth "

Etc.

Heb 6:4-6 context About rejection/unbelief, not about losing salvation.

To begin with; here are just 7 of many scriptures. That make it abundantly clear that salvation is eternal. (Jn 3:16 & 6:47; Jn 10:27-29; Rom 8:35; 38-39 & 10:9-13; Phil 1:6)

Some background: 1st who is the book written to? Hebrews. The main theme throughout the book of Hebrews is NEW ""BETTER"" COVENANT.

Christ is better: Better than angels, because they worship the Christ. Better than Moses, because He created Him. Better than the Aaronic priesthood, because Christ's sin sacrifice is once for all time. Better than the law, because Christ mediates a better blood covenant.

These Jews who were having a hard time making a break from total indoctrination in a legalistic religion. Judaism's temple worship, daily sacrifices & personal sin sacrifices. Many are reversing course and choose to continue in their religion to avoid persecution, often being totally ostracized.

Background 2: The parable of the sower Matt:13 & Mk 4:5

4 Jesus said, a sower sowed, some seeds fell by the wayside, the fowls came & devoured them

5 Some fell upon stony places, they had not much earth: they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 when the sun was up, they were scorched; because they had no root, they withered away

7 And some fell among thorns; the thorns sprung up, & choked them

8 Other fell into good ground, & brought forth fruit, some a hundredfold, some 60-fold, some 30-fold

Background 3: Pro 26:11 & 2 Pet 2:20-22 "A dog goes back to its vomit"

Now let's parse Heb 6:4 (A) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened.
(MY NOTE: Enlightened definition: having been showed a rational well-informed outlook. Just because a person has been shown how to get someplace. Doesn't mean they will choose to go there)

Heb 6:4 (B) For it is impossible for those who have "tasted" the good Word of God,
(MY NOTE: To taste something: Means just that, "TASTE IT" not consume or accept the whole meal. But, to "TASTE". And now you can decide if you want to finish eating it or not)

Heb 6:4 (C) Were made partakers of the Holy Spirit
(MY NOTE: Jn 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
(MY NOTE: Jesus was in fact lifted up on a cross & ultimately from the grave. Heb is written post resurrection. He/His Holy Spirit drew these Jews via His Holy Spirit & they rejected Jesus's sin atonement by returning to Temple sacrifices)

Ok, Jesus sowed the Word (they TASTED), the Holy Spirit confirmed (enlightened) the truth into their hearts

After TASTING the WORD of God. Like the seeds that fell by the wayside onto stony ground of were choked by thorns/Pharisees. They rejected God's Grace/Word (Jesus Christ)

Again, Heb 6:4-6 scriptures are about the price of rejection & UNBELIEF! NOT losing salvation!

Under the old covenant (Jews only) the only sin that couldn't be covered was, IDOLATRY

Under the new covenant (covers all believers) the only unforgivable sin is, UNBELIEF!

Conclusion:
These Jews rejected Christ; God's saving grace accessed thru Faith (Rom 5:2). They NEVER were SAVED. After HEARING & TASTING the WORD of ENLIGHTENMENT they REJECTED it = UNBELIEF. And returned to their legalistic traditions/the law. Most notably animal sacrifices!

1 Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Upvote 0

water of life

Aug 23, 2022
Winkler
✟27,216.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The issue of apostasy is tough. We could say they were never saved, but they don't care for that characterization. Ask them if they truly believed, and they will say, "yes, I did".

At what point is belief demonstrated as genuine, as opposed to the kind that one might believe as a child or early adulthood, and abandon later on?

Upvote 0