North America
✟167,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
One can not depart from the faith if they were never in the faith to begin with.

A Christian is a new creation. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life].
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 5 - Amplified Bible

(MY NOTE: A new creation in Christ = Christ in you. Born anew spiritually.

And have a Christ given promise of eternal life. (Jn 3:15 10:28, Acts 13:48, Rom 6:23, 1 Jn 5:11 & 13)

Romans 6:23 cites eternal life as a GIFT from God.

Romans 11:29 (A) For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable [for He does not withdraw what He has given, nor does He change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call]

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Falling away means just that.

Maria,

Based on your posts in this this thread. I think a safe conclusion is: You believe you're lost. Having said that, we're all are sinners by an inherent adamic nature.

I don't believe anyone still alive is lost. There is only 1 unforgiveable sin. Rejection/unbelief in Christ' sin atoning Death & resurrection until& at life's end.

Whatever mistake (we all make them) you're self-condemning over. Forgive yourself, Moses, David & Paul were all guilty of murder. We see Moses on the Mt of transfiguration, David was forgiven & called a man after the Lord's heart, Paul was the greatest apostle & his writings have won more souls. Them all the others combined.

The risen Jesus is right now knocking (Rev 3:20). Open it let Him forgive/fix/heal the pain. May His grace be multiplied to you & yours, JJ

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maria,

Based on your posts in this this thread. I think a safe conclusion is: You believe you're lost. Having said that, we're all are sinners by an inherent adamic nature.

I don't believe anyone still alive is lost. There is only 1 unforgiveable sin. Rejection/unbelief in Christ' sin atoning Death & resurrection until& at life's end.

Whatever mistake (we all make them) you're self-condemning over. Forgive yourself, Moses, David & Paul were all guilty of murder. We see Moses on the Mt of transfiguration, David was forgiven & called a man after the Lord's heart, Paul was the greatest apostle & his writings have won more souls. Them all the others combined.

The risen Jesus is right now knocking (Rev 3:20). Open it let Him forgive/fix/heal the pain. May His grace be multiplied to you & yours, JJ
I'm sorry I'm just not a OSAS proponent. Let's just leave it at that.
This is my last post. Blessings.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heb 6:4-6 context About rejection/unbelief, not about losing salvation.

To begin with; here are just 7 of many scriptures. That make it abundantly clear that salvation is eternal. (Jn 3:16 & 6:47; Jn 10:27-29; Rom 8:35; 38-39 & 10:9-13; Phil 1:6)

Some background: 1st who is the book written to? Hebrews. The main theme throughout the book of Hebrews is NEW ""BETTER"" COVENANT.

Christ is better: Better than angels, because they worship the Christ. Better than Moses, because He created Him. Better than the Aaronic priesthood, because Christ's sin sacrifice is once for all time. Better than the law, because Christ mediates a better blood covenant.

These Jews who were having a hard time making a break from total indoctrination in a legalistic religion. Judaism's temple worship, daily sacrifices & personal sin sacrifices. Many are reversing course and choose to continue in their religion to avoid persecution, often being totally ostracized.

Background 2: The parable of the sower Matt:13 & Mk 4:5

4 Jesus said, a sower sowed, some seeds fell by the wayside, the fowls came & devoured them

5 Some fell upon stony places, they had not much earth: they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 when the sun was up, they were scorched; because they had no root, they withered away

7 And some fell among thorns; the thorns sprung up, & choked them

8 Other fell into good ground, & brought forth fruit, some a hundredfold, some 60-fold, some 30-fold

Background 3: Pro 26:11 & 2 Pet 2:20-22 "A dog goes back to its vomit"

Now let's parse Heb 6:4 (A) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened.
(MY NOTE: Enlightened definition: having been showed a rational well-informed outlook. Just because a person has been shown how to get someplace. Doesn't mean they will choose to go there)

Heb 6:4 (B) For it is impossible for those who have "tasted" the good Word of God,
(MY NOTE: To taste something: Means just that, "TASTE IT" not consume or accept the whole meal. But, to "TASTE". And now you can decide if you want to finish eating it or not)

Heb 6:4 (C) Were made partakers of the Holy Spirit
(MY NOTE: Jn 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
(MY NOTE: Jesus was in fact lifted up on a cross & ultimately from the grave. Heb is written post resurrection. He/His Holy Spirit drew these Jews via His Holy Spirit & they rejected Jesus's sin atonement by returning to Temple sacrifices)

Ok, Jesus sowed the Word (they TASTED), the Holy Spirit confirmed (enlightened) the truth into their hearts

After TASTING the WORD of God. Like the seeds that fell by the wayside onto stony ground of were choked by thorns/Pharisees. They rejected God's Grace/Word (Jesus Christ)

Again, Heb 6:4-6 scriptures are about the price of rejection & UNBELIEF! NOT losing salvation!

Under the old covenant (Jews only) the only sin that couldn't be covered was, IDOLATRY

Under the new covenant (covers all believers) the only unforgivable sin is, UNBELIEF!

Conclusion:
These Jews rejected Christ; God's saving grace accessed thru Faith (Rom 5:2). They NEVER were SAVED. After HEARING & TASTING the WORD of ENLIGHTENMENT they REJECTED it = UNBELIEF. And returned to their legalistic traditions/the law. Most notably animal sacrifices!

1 Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
Yes... a solid post.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Falling away means just that. There are warnings all through scripture about apostasy. Here are snippets in scripture of what these signs and characteristics are. " I never knew you" comes on judgment day. We have a choice to stay the course or fall away. One can not depart from the faith if they were never in the faith to begin with.
"once enlightened "
"tasted the heavenly gift"
" shared in the Holy Spirit"
"abandoned the love you had first"
"unbelieving heart leading you to fall away"
"hardened by the decitfulness of sin"
"many will fall away and betray and hate one another"
"your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ."
"wanders from the truth "

Etc.
The warnings are given to prevent a false carnal security.

Maria...a person cannot be saved and lost at the same time.

If a life guard is said to have saved a person, the person does not die from drowning at the same time.
On the last day, there will be life and death, sheep and goats, eternal life,second death.

• Agree
Reactions: baptist4life
Upvote 0