Once Saved Always Saved: Fact or Fiction?

'Once Saved Always Saved': Fact or Fiction?

• Fact.

• Fiction.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps
There is a lot debate today on losing one’s salvation. I’ve decided to boil it down to 2 simple steps.

1. Do something that causes you to lose it.

Now, I don’t know what that “something” could be because Paul never talked about it and since Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles and the revealer of the body of Christ to us today then he would be the one to tell us what to do to lose it. Since Paul spent 13 epistles expounding Christ and justification surely he would spend some time on how to lose it!

2. Undo all that God did at your salvation.
Now, let’s go down a simple list of things that God did and all you have to do is make this list your check list and mark them all as you undo them.

1) Get God to un-forgive you – Eph. 1:7
2) Get God to un-redeem you - Rom. 3:24
3) Get God to un-circumcise you – Col. 2:13
4) Get God to un-adopt you – Rom. 8:15
5) Get God to un-seat you – Eph. 2:6
6) Get God to un-sanctify you – I Cor. 6:11
7) Get God to un-glorify you – Rom. 8:30
8) Get God to un-seal you – Eph. 1:13
9) Get God to un-justify you – Rom. 3:24; 8:30
10) Get God to un-bless you – Eph. 1:3
11) Get God to un-bury you – Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12
12) Get God to un-raise you – Eph. 2:6
13) Get God to un-quicken you – Eph. 2:1
14) Get God to take Christ out of you – Col. 1:27
15) Get God to take you out of Christ’s physical body – Eph. 5:30

And a few more that I failed to present here.

If you can undo all that God has done for you then you are free and clear once again. Then when you “repent” and get right then all the above 15 things will happen again. Then when you “sin it away” again then you can undo it all over again!

God bless!

Undo it it all by turning away from Christ through unbelief.

Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;
Hebrews 3:12

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That truth you have shared in part is applicable towards being of the firstfruits with Christ as standing apart from those that are Christ at His coming. May the Lord help you see the while picture.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, ....

So those abiding in Him will be partakers with Christ to inherit the eternal glory of being that vessel unto honour in His House that can never die like the angels.

Read Psalm 89 for God's promise to the seed that departed from Him under the New Covenant. This is why the foundation remains & only the works thereon are judged.

Psalm 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. 29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. 30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; 31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; 32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. 33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. 34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. 35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. 36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me. 37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

This is why they are still called His servants when getting their stripes when left behind.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

If any saved believer runs that race to obtain salvation, then that is a work that denies Him as being their Saviour, and not having entered into that rest provided by Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.....

No such scripture teaches us being the first-fruits with Christ.

Christ is the first-fruits.

Those who are His will be resurrected at His Coming.

JLB

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,638.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The OSAS argument isn't about God's or Christ's ability to do anything. It's about man's willingness to remain faithful.
"........fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith..........." Hebrews 12:2

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

He's a lot better at working out my salvation than I am.

"So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:12-13

That's why I'm casting all my cares on Him - and my biggest care in this life is my eternal destiny.

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

I'm a contented man guys. Cause I didn't choose Him. He chose me.

I'll keep trying to please Him because of what He has done for me.

But I won't insult Him by telling Him that I am trying to please Him so I can stay saved.

I say one more time. It's a matter of faith - and without faith it's impossible to please Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MRHarvey

Returning Member
Jul 22, 2008
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
✟15,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, SinnerInTheHands!

I don't think you need to go on. The prhase, OSAS, sounds rather derogatory. Like you, I prefer the term, Eternal Security!

This is the way I see it ...

Either we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, or else, we are saved in part by grace through faith in Christ, but we are also saved in part by our works, by what we do.

If we are saved by faith alone, through grace alone, in Christ alone, then Eternal Security is our only possible conclusion!

To deny eternal security, is to say that you at least play a part in earning your salvation. Because pride is part of human nature, I can see why even many sincerely professing Christians would like to believe that. But it is not Biblical. According to the Scriptures, I cannot earn my salvation! My salvation depends on the finished work of Christ on the cross, and on that alone!

Eternal security (and it's corollary OSAS) is entirely Biblical, as well as soundly Christian.

"They, whom God hath accepted in his Beloved, effectually called, and sanctified by his Spirit, can neither totally nor finally fall away from the state of grace, but shall certainly persevere therein to the end, and be eternally saved. This perseverance of the saints depends not upon their own free will, but upon the immutability of the decree of election, flowing from the free and unchangeable love of God the Father; upon the efficacy of the merit and intercession of Jesus Christ, the abiding of the Spirit, and of the seed of God within them, and the nature of the covenant of grace: from all which ariseth also the certainty and infallibility thereof. Nevertheless, they may, through the temptations of Satan and of the world, the prevalency of corruption remaining in them, and the neglect of the means of their preservation, fall into grievous sins; and, for a time, continue therein: whereby they incur God's displeasure, and grieve his Holy Spirit, come to be deprived of some measure of their graces and comforts, have their hearts hardened, and their consciences wounded; hurt and scandalize others, and bring temporal judgments upon themselves." Westminster Confession of Faith [17]

"Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God."
1 Peter 1:23

"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out."
John 6:37

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."
John 10:27-29

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?"
Romans 8:35

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."
Romans 11:29

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."
1 John 2:19

"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:6

"If we are faithless, he remains faithful - for he cannot deny himself."
2 Timothy 2:13

Need I go on?

Reactions: gigman7
Upvote 0

MikeEnders

Oct 8, 2009
✟1,443.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
if the quote from the Revelation in re; blotting out does not mean removal of name from Book of Life, what does it mean?

I don't get the problem here. Its a statement of what Christ will not do

"'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels."

Who is he who overcometh? same John that wrote revelations says this

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith"
1 John 5:4

SO whats the problem? All truly born of God people overcometh so revelations is a promise to them they won't be blotted out.

Upvote 0

MikeEnders

Oct 8, 2009
✟1,443.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

I guess Paul goofed in saying that. Like i have said before Anti-security people in this thread ignore the most straightforward passages supporting security in favor of "this seems to say", this seems to imply Christians. I listed about 4 in I believe post 248 and none of them can touch them. like this equally clear one you just can't get around

""39"This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.40"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."…"
John 6"

You can't say well they can still walk away because that still means they are lost and Jesus says he will lose NONE, NADA No one , NOTHING. You can't say its up to those who have been given because regardless how they are lost if they are lost then it contradicts claims that Jesus makes that he will lose nothing NADA ZIP but raise everyone the father has given him up on the last day with eternal life.

you either have to ignore the passage or do the twist to get out of what it plainly states

Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, that's an oxymoron. Having salvation and being a Christian would be the same thing. Well, in this case anyway. Meaning, they never were a Christian. If one becomes a Christain(gets saved) today, they never were a Christian before today.

That's exactly my point!!! Why in the world would the bible list people that are already unsaved and then lose their salvation based on future sins? Makes no sense. This we agree upon.

No go back to your commit against 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 below.

topbul1d.gif
1 Corinthians 6:9-11: "Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God."(ASV)

What you have quoted is not "losing salvation", it's never having it. If you read it the way you are trying to show it, we are all going to hell. It basically says we are all going to hell for our sins. But fortunatey, because of salvation, we can get by all of this through Christ.

*First question: Did Jesus not come into the world to save everyone, all sinners?

*Second question: Can anyone be denied His gift of Salvation?

*Third question: Did you bother to read verse 11? It said "And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God."

If it went over your head, this is how it reads in another translation.

1 Corinthians 6:11 English Standard Version (ESV) And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

It means they were once saved. But they lost it as they continued in unrighteousness as fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, abusers of themselves with men, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners.

This is a typical response I keep seeing from OSAS supporters. If they can't refute a scriptures, just make claim that those individuals were never saved in the first place.

Right....as if the bible constantly needs to remind us all those people Christ will deny someday are all unbelievers: atheists, agnostics, etc. Boy, the bible must think highly of our intellect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Marvin,

The good work Paul spoke of are Love and Righteousness. Read all of Philippians 1, there's nothing there about salvation.

Philippians 1:9-11 KJV
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.
11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew Twentyfour

Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rom 11:29
29 For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn.
New Living Translation (NLT)

That's not about the gift of salvation. Read all of Romans 11. It's about the blessings promised to the Jewish people through Abraham. The gifts are the blessings, and the calling are the Israelites.

Romans 11:1-2 Good News Translation (GNT)
1 I ask, then: Did God reject his own people? Certainly not! I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected his people, whom he chose from the beginning. You know what the scripture says in the passage where Elijah pleads with God against Israel:

Romans 11:28-30 Good News Translation (GNT)
28 Because they reject the Good News, the Jews are God's enemies for the sake of you Gentiles. But because of God's choice, they are his friends because of their ancestors. 29 For God does not change his mind about whom he chooses and blesses. 30 As for you Gentiles, you disobeyed God in the past; but now you have received God's mercy because the Jews were disobedient.

Paul was referring to the promise God made to Abraham and his descendants in Genesis 12:1-2.

Genesis 12:1-2 Good News Translation (GNT)
1 The Lord said to Abram, “Leave your country, your relatives, and your father's home, and go to a land that I am going to show you. 2 I will give you many descendants, and they will become a great nation. I will bless you and make your name famous, so that you will be a blessing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"........fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith..........." Hebrews 12:2

"So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:12-13

That's why I'm casting all my cares on Him - and my biggest care in this life is my eternal destiny.

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

I'm a contented man guys. Cause I didn't choose Him. He chose me.

I'll keep trying to please Him because of what He has done for me.

But I won't insult Him by telling Him that I am trying to please Him so I can stay saved.

I say one more time. It's a matter of faith - and without faith it's impossible to please Him.
Each of those passages needs to be kept in context. However, I'm not sure where Scripture says that Jesus is going to work out someone's salvation. Paul told the Philippians to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling and the context was their obedience. How is it an insult to do what Jesus said to do? When asked about salvation He said to "strive" to enter in at the straight gate. To strive requires action.

However, this doesn't address the OSAS argument. I don't think anyone in this thread is claiming that God of Christ don't have the power to save. What is at question is the faithfulness of man, and we know how that changes.

Upvote 0

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes the scriptures give us a very strong evidence of where he went and that he was damned to the lake of fire blotted out of the book of life. All who are not found in that book will be cast into the lake of fire. Jesis said it was better for him if he was not born. And Judas was clearly saved as jesus called him a sheep and belonging to the father even before he was given to jesus and Jesus called to him HIS 12 , Jesus said his sheep hear his voice and he gives unto them eternal life.
I think you're right when it comes to him being a believer, but I think you're wrong on how clear the scriptures are on whether he went to hell. You might recall that he did seem to repent in Matthew 27:3-10. Based on your own scheme, repentance would surely mean that God would 're-save' him?

I know this will shatter the false views of many who have in their wisdom of man acted as if all who teach that a person can fall away are in error and many have for years been in their wrong doctrine. But as David slew Golith with one stone to the head and then the sword, one man Judas and the script about him slays this false teaching of OSAS and many other aspects of Calvinism.
I'm not strictly Calvinist, but I think your idea that your case of Judas is watertight enough to 'slay' the teaching of OSAS is extremely over-confident, because I don't think you're reading the nuances well enough here and are making several assumptions. Fine and well if you want to live there, but I don't see a slam-dunk here against OSAS at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said this:
"This is no way to defend one's view. The context of my comment was about getting saved. So, what verses teach that one must believe AND "make a real commitment" to be saved?"
all the passages I referenced indicate that belief is more than a mental ascent and must be a real commitment.
This assumes your definition of "believe" is correct.

Stick your head in the sand if you wish. If you want to have a Christianity where you can sin like no tomorrow and be a christian you will have to do that in your imagination.
Sadly, this is just nonsense. I've NEVER come close to that goofy conclusion. The Bible is very clear about the warnings of severe divine discipline for those of God's children who rebel. I'd suggest someone else's head that is stuck deep in the sand.

You will have quite a frightening moment the second after you die that way though
Such opinions count for nothing. My salvation is secure because God is holding on to me. John 10:28-29

Yeah thats why the lord said this

"27"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.28"For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?…"
This isn't about getting saved. It's about following Christ AS a believer who is already saved. And yeah, it does count a lot to be a true follower of Christ.

But receiving the FREE gift of eternal life costs NOTHING for any human. The total cost was borne by our Savior. That is grace.

Please. What you are talking about isn't even grace anymore.You are begging for a license for people to sin rather than then be set free from sin.
This is just more nonsense and is an emotional smokescreen for pushing a false doctrine. Since ALL people HAVE a sinful nature, no one needs a "license" to sin. How silly. We're BORN sinners. No license needed.

Those who don't like the reality of grace always default to this line of thinking. Seems they are afraid that someone will "get away" with something they can't tolerate.

Well, those people can put that to rest. The warning passages are all about God's heavy hand of discipline and loss of eternal reward.

Those who want to dismiss God's discipline as nothing more than a "pat on the hand" or heinie need to read what King David said about God's discipline. It ain't pretty. Psa 38:1-17, and 1 Cor 11:30 from the NT.

I'm saying grace transforms the man that puts his trust in Christ so that he lives in righteousness or at least in repentance. Calling that works is totally ridiculous and scripture twisting. Living a holy life is the fruit of the spirit not works.
My points have been about how to get saved, which doesn't include lifestyle. btw, grace doesn't transform anyone. Grace is the means by which God grants us salvation. Apart from grace, man would have to earn his own salvation, which is totally impossible.

Yes, grace can be abused. God's children can be rebellious. They are idiots, but are saved. And they will face God's discipline and loss of reward in eternity. No small thing. God's justice is perfect. No one will get away with anything.

and not a word about them being saved. The only one even mentions salvation is the first seed not hearing the word and believing which is why you ARE tying to conflate it to the rest since there is no more mention of salvation.
Apparently the FACT that plants grew in the 3 soils doesn't impress some. Doesn't matter; plants grew from the seeds in those soils, demonstrating new life.

Sorry I am sure you have deluded yourself and are honestly confused but thats just totally ridiculous head ducking. It can't be mind or brain because the last three all hear the gospel and respond to it mentally.
The confusion/delusion is not on my side. They all respond positively to the gospel. They are SAVED. But 2 of the soils failed to produce a crop, which was Jesus' point. Believers do get sidetracked and distracted by temptations and the things of life. And such distractions keep the believer from producing a crop.

The ground is obviously heart there is nothing else . Theres only one good soil in the whole text and its the last one. you are trying to get out of it but the passage is clear if you would read it
Of course there was only 1 good soil. Does that suggest that only "good" people believe the gospel?? That would be most silly.

The reason the last soil produced a crop was that it was good soil. iow, those believers grew up spiritually, unlike their idiot brothers soil 2 and 3 who either gave up and quit believing due to hardships/testing/temptations, or were distracted by life and didn't grow up.

Upvote 0

gigman7

Young at heart
Jan 2, 2013
Tennessee
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Corinthians 6:11 English Standard Version (ESV) And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

It means they were once saved. But they lost it as they continued in unrighteousness as fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, abusers of themselves with men, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners.
No, it doesn't mean that at all. It is saying we all go to hell for our sins. It is saying that the cost of all of these sins is hell. But, because of salvation, that cost has been paid for us. If we could lose our salvation because of sin, none of us would go to heaven.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1)Salvation is a gift from God. Gifts may be returned/refused.
Scripture refutes this notion. Paul defined both justification (Rom 3:24, 5:15-17) and eternal life (Rom 6:23) as gifts of God and then stated in Rom 11:29 that God's gifts and calling are IRREVOCABLE. They CANNOT be returned, refunded, given away, etc.

I might give you a hundred dollars forever, but I can't control if you throw or give away.
Irrelevant to what Scripture SAYS about eternal life. btw, eternal life isn't some object, like money, or anything else. Eternal life means exactly what it SAYS; eternal. Lasts forever. And it's IN you, not in your pocket or ON you.

2)We are saved by grace (God's grace) through faith (our faith). Salvation is a two-part contract. Both parties must maintain the contract for it to be valid.
I believe this is heresy. Man CANNOT maintain anything. God gives eternal life to those who believe, and the aorist tense is used a number of times, which carries NO concept of continuing action, only point in time action.

It is God alone who maintains our security.

God does not 'hold' us so tightly that we cannot leave if we insist.
Please back up this notion with Scripture.

King Saul started out a Godly man, even prophesying, but he turned away. If we have freedom to accept God, we have freedom to reject.
Freedom to reject does NOT equal loss of salvation. That is just an old wive's tale; fiction. Not taught in the Bible.

But glad you brought up Saul. In the only seance ever where someone actually did return from the dead was the prophet Samuel. And guess what Sam told the idiot Saul: “Moreover the LORD will also give over Israel along with you into the hands of the Philistines, therefore tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. Indeed the LORD will give over the army of Israel into the hands of the Philistines!”

The highlighted phrase shows that both Saul and his sons would join Samuel the next day. So, where would that be? Some, who don't want to face the truth of this passage, would say only that Samuel was referring to the "fact of being dead", or "joining him in the grave". But how stupid is that? Samuel we all know was a legitimate prophet of God, and he was in Paradise. That is where Saul would be the next day.

Why would any saved believer who resides in Paradise refer only to the state of being "dead" when in fact only their body was dead but they were completely alive in Paradise. Did Samuel appear dead to either Saul or the medium? Of course not.

3)Salvation must be accepted, else there would be no need for the 'sinner's prayer' of repentance.
Yes, salvation, or the free gift of eternal life must be accepted. And when accepted, it is IRREVOCABLE. btw, there is no such thing as the 'sinner's prayer' for salvation. Paul never told the jailer to pray to be saved. He told him to BELIEVE and he would be saved.

All believers who pray are praying a sinner's prayer, because all believers are sinners.

Again, if we have the freedom to accept, we have the freedom to reject.
This is a fallacy. No where in Scripture is this taught. I have no idea why people believe such stuff.

if the quote from the Revelation in re; blotting out does not mean removal of name from Book of Life, what does it mean?
Scholars refer to this verse as a "litotes", which is a form of understatement: Rhetoric 1. understatement, especially that in which an affirmative is expressed by the negative of its contrary, as in “not bad at all.”.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.