Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ROME – As Pope Francis faces mounting criticism for not wearing a face mask amid a sharp rise in coronavirus cases in Italy and the rest of Europe, a Vatican official has acknowledged that the pope is at high risk and voiced hope the pontiff would wear a mask more often.

Asked why the pope doesn’t don a facemask during his public audiences despite Italian state protocols requiring citizens to wear one, Father Augusto Zampini noted that Pope Francis is over 80 years old, and “a high risk person if he got COVID.”

Adjunct secretary of the Vatican department for Integral Human Development, which oversees the Vatican’s COVID taskforce, Zampini spoke to journalists during an Oct. 27 roundtable on the taskforce’s work.

Continued below.
On pope not wearing a mask: ‘We’re working on it’, Vatican official says

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
don't you know who I am !

LOL, love your neighbor as you love yourself.
So if the Pope won't put on a mask to protect himself, he should at least do so to protect those around him.

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. This sets a terrible example, any decent person is happy to mask up in hopes that it might reduce the risk to their neighbor.

I disagree. I think decent people are not happy to mask up, so as to not be an example of demonic embodiment to their neighbor.

• Haha
Reactions: HamFist
Upvote 0