On airplane from Mongolia Francis is asked about the book “The Synodal (“walking together”) Process Is a Pandora’s Box: 100 Questions and Answers”.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

His response.​

On the way back to Rome, Francis was slightly Mongolian grilled when asked about the book that is making waves The Synodal Process ((“walking together”)) Is a Pandora’s Box: 100 Questions and Answers which has a Preface by Card. Burke. All over Twitter/X libs are having spittle-flecked nutties about this book, which is being sent out to all sorts of people.

Full disclosure: I have not read it. It is being sent for free to various folks such as faculties in schools, but not to me. HEY… BOOK SENDERS! SEND ME A PDF!

Here was Francis’ “answer”. Please note – again – the repeated reliance on the undefined label “ideology”. Also, Pentin gives an explanatory paragraph at the end of his tweet. Don’t confuse that with Francis’ “answer”. Well.. you won’t.

NB: Burke’s Preface says that what is at work through all this synod (“walking together”) stuff is an attempt radically to change the Church’s self-understand and her doctrine, proof of which we see in Germany where there is total chaos and division verging on schism.

You can hit the “read more” below, but here is Francis’ “answer”:

I’m not making this up. The whole airplane interview is HERE. The reporter who asked about the book is Antonio Pelayo (Vida Nueva).

Continued below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is extremely difficult for me to try to follow both his reasoning, and his way of expressing it. It's so high-falutin' that you literally have to sit down and translate English into English.

Or, as my dear departed old daddy would have put it, "Throw that on the floor, kick the [bovine manure] out of it, and tell me what you just said." ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is extremely difficult for me to try to follow both his reasoning, and his way of expressing it. It's so high-falutin' that you literally have to sit down and translate English into English.

Or, as my dear departed old daddy would have put it, "Throw that on the floor, kick the [bovine manure] out of it, and tell me what you just said." ;)
I'm not buying into the debate as I think the Pope is misunderstood.

But apparently Pope Francis doesn't speak much English. I only found that out at a course I'm doing via the local archdiocese and the archbishop made the comment in his opening address one night when he was doing the actual teaching.

I don't know if the interview was in English, Spanish (his native language) or Italian (which anybody who lives in the Vatican needs to be able to speak for obvious reaons, including our archbishop who spent some time there).

It would be better if we just had the transcript verbatim without Fr. Zuhlsdorf's personal opinion getting in the way before we've even read it.

From the little I know of him (tonight I read a Wikipedia article spurred on by this post, otherwise he would just be another of the other 8 billion unwashed unknowns like myself, and that is the sum total of my knowledge) it appears he is a traditionalist blogger, so he's going to be biased from the start, like the rest of us.

Upvote 0