• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Omega 3 Vs. Lorazepam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartony

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2005
Abilene Texas
✟11,486.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I am going to check with my Dr. about this, but I am wondering about a possible conflict between the lorazepam I take for anxiety and a new product called Coromega.

I was told by my eye Dr. that an omega 3 fatty acid (fish oil) would help with my dry eye problems. I bought something called Coromega, and have taken two doses. It is a pudding-like stuff in small packets taken once daily.

The first day I took it, I had no noticeable problems, but last night, after having taken the second dose during the day, I became bloated, very little appetite and maybe a little nauseous with lots of stomach acid.
Today, at church, I became very jittery, felt like I would pass out when standing, and just miserable with anxiety until later in the service, I started to feel a bit better.

I don't know if this was going to happen anyway, or there may have been a conflict between the omega 3 and the lorazepam I take. I only take 1/4mg. around noon, and 1/2mg. at night, of lorazepam.

I know this is a question for a Dr, but wanted to see if anyone has had a similiar experience.

Thanks-

Status
Not open for further replies.