✟15,646.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, just joined the forum. Here's a bit about me:
  • Met the Lord at university in the 70s as I was preparing to undertake graduate studies in Astrophysics. Needless to say He changed the direction of my life!
  • Encountered the Vineyard movement in the early 80s and have been blessed ever since by John Wimber's teaching and early Vineyard worship.
  • Started a bunch of homegroups and house churches with my wife from mid-80s to mid-2000s. Did a church-planting internship, equipped and provided oversight for ministry teams, went on ministry trips overseas, provided counsel and support to pastors, was briefly on worship team with Andy Park, did baptisms, marriage counselling, wrote worship songs, led Bible studies, etc etc etc
  • Started a business in the late 90s with my wife writing books and whitepapers for Microsoft and other software companies. Business has now wound down a bit but still running, see our website mtit.com.
  • Experienced a fresh baptism/filling of the Spirit about 7 years ago which has been drawing me back towards ministry involvment after a hectic 20 years running a business.
  • Recently started writing a series of free ebooks to help build up the Church. The first of these ebooks is titled "House Church: A Survival Guide" and you can get it from our ministry website buildplant.org. Further ebooks planned on topics like discipleship, personal evangelism, small group worship etc and all will be free in PDF and EPUB format.
That's about it :)

Blessings, everyone and nice to be here.
--Mitch

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Met the Lord at university in the 70s as I was preparing to undertake graduate studies in Astrophysics. Needless to say He changed the direction of my life!
  • Encountered the Vineyard movement in the early 80s and have been blessed ever since by John Wimber's teaching and early Vineyard worship.
  • Started a bunch of homegroups and house churches with my wife from mid-80s to mid-2000s. Did a church-planting internship, equipped and provided oversight for ministry teams, went on ministry trips overseas, provided counsel and support to pastors, was briefly on worship team with Andy Park, did baptisms, marriage counselling, wrote worship songs, led Bible studies, etc etc etc
  • Started a business in the late 90s with my wife writing books and whitepapers for Microsoft and other software companies. Business has now wound down a bit but still running, see our website mtit.com.
  • Experienced a fresh baptism/filling of the Spirit about 7 years ago which has been drawing me back towards ministry involvment after a hectic 20 years running a business.
  • Recently started writing a series of free ebooks to help build up the Church. The first of these ebooks is titled "House Church: A Survival Guide" and you can get it from our ministry website buildplant.org. Further ebooks planned on topics like discipleship, personal evangelism, small group worship etc and all will be free in PDF and EPUB format.

--Mitch
Welcome!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! My wife and I have been visiting a Vineyard church. Moved last year and are in the church search process. Still have a few we're visiting, but we do like the church. I get the impression there is a wide variety of styles these days through the Vineyard community.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

--Mitch
Hi there and welcome! Been a bit busy haven’t you? Freely given freely received, amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodJesusAndChocolate

Hugging God and Jesus ^w^ =3
Dec 17, 2021
Hugging God, Jesus, and Chocolate ^w^ =3
✟238,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private