Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I love types and shadows. Though I'm not a typologist I have come across quite a few. What I love about them is they give you a bigger and more complete picture, they prove that Scriptures are inspired and they point to Christ. Here is one of my favorite types in the Bible. It's about Joseph. Joseph’s life is a perfect type of Christ’s coming.

1. Joseph was loved of his father but hated by his brethren because he was spiritual.- So was Jesus.
  2. Joseph’s brethren sold Joseph to the Egyptians for 20 pieces of silver (the price of a slave) where he was innocently put in prison. - Jesus was sold out for 30 pieces of silver and handed over to the Romans who put him on the cross for no crime.
  3. In jail Joseph was accompanied by two other prisoners. One was saved and one was condemned. - On the cross Jesus was crucified along side two other men. One was saved and one was condemned.
  4. When Joseph was exalted out of prison he went and sat at the right hand of Pharaoh. Whenever Joseph came forth the trumpet sounded and every knee had to bow. - When Jesus rose He ascended and sat at the right hand of God. When He shall return the trump will sound and every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.
  5. Joseph married a Gentile bride.- Jesus took a Gentile Bride (Gentile Church)
  6. Joseph made himself known again to his brethren while his bride was in the palace. - Jesus will return to the Jews again to make Himself known to them after the Gentile Bride is raptured and in Glory.
What is your opinion of types and shadows and are their any other examples of types and shadows you can contribute?

I think you're just scratching the surface with the amazing parallels between Jesus and Joseph. In John 8:56, Jesus said that Moses wrote about him, in Luke 24:27, Jesus began with Moses and the Prophets explaining to them all the things in Scriptures concerning himself, in Romans 10:4, it is saying that a relationship with Jesus is the goal of the Law, and in Hebrews 10:7, it says that the totality of the scroll is written about Jesus, so OT Scriptures are all there to teach us about Messiah and how to have a relationship with him. I recommend this sermon series on Finding Messiah in the Torah:

Genesis- Messianic audio Torah teaching by Rabbi Stan Farr

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
where did this small fish come from? lol hes funny all jiggling around flopping everywhere. and he can even breath the air.
Now now, be nice ehehe.
Just hope he doesn't end up like the fish inside these shoes:

• Haha
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

timbrel

Mar 10, 2017
Here
✟10,418.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi..
The cross in the wilderness..Praise the Lord
israeliteencampment.jpg

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi..
The cross in the wilderness..Praise the Lord
View attachment 204688

The four points to the cross relate to the faces of the four beasts, which the first picture of is seen as a river that parts into foreheads when leaving a garden.

Every time they set up camp it was a picture (among other things) of a lamb as if it had been slain (only one found worthy to open the scroll); a truth relative to wandering between two mountains, that also has its foundation in a garden.

All the trees of the garden we eat freely of, if we don't eat of our own (an object lesson (a commandment cast down becomes a serpent, which is relative to the law, a woman/mountain, and a son (through perception) it revealed); this tree becomes a cross we pick up, or the tree we hang ourselves on.

The depiction of Israel's first 40 where they view the promise they don't go by way of the Jordan as Christ had done, to the revealing of their nakedness, or a 2nd forty in the wilderness of sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love types and shadows. Though I'm not a typologist I have come across quite a few. What I love about them is they give you a bigger and more complete picture, they prove that Scriptures are inspired and they point to Christ. Here is one of my favorite types in the Bible. It's about Joseph. Joseph’s life is a perfect type of Christ’s coming.

1. Joseph was loved of his father but hated by his brethren because he was spiritual.- So was Jesus.
  2. Joseph’s brethren sold Joseph to the Egyptians for 20 pieces of silver (the price of a slave) where he was innocently put in prison. - Jesus was sold out for 30 pieces of silver and handed over to the Romans who put him on the cross for no crime.
  3. In jail Joseph was accompanied by two other prisoners. One was saved and one was condemned. - On the cross Jesus was crucified along side two other men. One was saved and one was condemned.
  4. When Joseph was exalted out of prison he went and sat at the right hand of Pharaoh. Whenever Joseph came forth the trumpet sounded and every knee had to bow. - When Jesus rose He ascended and sat at the right hand of God. When He shall return the trump will sound and every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.
  5. Joseph married a Gentile bride.- Jesus took a Gentile Bride (Gentile Church)
  6. Joseph made himself known again to his brethren while his bride was in the palace. - Jesus will return to the Jews again to make Himself known to them after the Gentile Bride is raptured and in Glory.
What is your opinion of types and shadows and are their any other examples of types and shadows you can contribute?

Jacob is typology of Christ , Jacob wanted sweet young Reachel from his uncle as bride , but he got ughly Leah first , yes he love her too and had children with her , but he wanted Reachel so he had to work additional 7 years for Reachel.

Jesus wanted Israel as bride , but he got Church as bride first , he will work additional 7 years in tribulation for Israel .

Same goes with Ruth and Boaz .
Ruth is gentile , Boaz is hebrew .
Boaz is typology of Christ , Ruth is typology of church .

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jacob is typology of Christ , Jacob wanted sweet young Reachel from his uncle as bride , but he got ughly Leah first , yes he love her too and had children with her , but he wanted Reachel so he had to work additional 7 years for Reachel.

Jesus wanted Israel as bride , but he got Church as bride first , he will work additional 7 years in tribulation for Israel .

Same goes with Ruth and Boaz .
Ruth is gentile , Boaz is hebrew .
Boaz is typology of Christ , Ruth is typology of church .

Genesis 29:31 And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.

This is like a peice that was forced to fit the puzzle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of my favorites is God making the first blood sacrifice to cover our shame when He made clothing out of animal skins to cover Adam and Eve's nakedness (pointing to Christ's final blood sacrifice on the cross to cover our shame and guilt).

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of my favorites is God making the first blood sacrifice to cover our shame when He made clothing out of animal skins to cover Adam and Eve's nakedness (pointing to Christ's final blood sacrifice on the cross to cover our shame and guilt).

It's interesting ... this makes God the first one to kill something in his creation (according to what's written in the bible).

Upvote 0