Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would like some advice as to which OT book to read next on my own of course. Previously I used to follow whatever my housegroup leader decided.
I've not read many of the minor prophets yet. I just don't know which one to go for. Which have you read that have truly helped build you?
What about Malachi? I have not read that yet.

Reactions: messianist

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would like some advice as to which OT book to read next on my own of course. Previously I used to follow whatever my housegroup leader decided.
I've not read many of the minor prophets yet. I just don't know which one to go for. Which have you read that have truly helped build you?
What about Malachi? I have not read that yet.

It doesn't matter pick one and start reading.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whatever book you choose to next read, how about reading it from a bible with some really good margin cross references, so that you can see how the difference books of the bible all hang together. There is a unity between the different books of the bible, which is truly amazing. A lot of God's teaching is disperced throught many different books in the bible and the bible is the best commentary on it's self.

For example Hebrews is a great commentary on Levticus. If you are going to study Leviticus, I can recommend reading three books, but C.W. Slemming at the same time. These books are: "Made according to pattern", "These are the garments" and "Thus shalt thou serve". Don't just rush through these books, but keep refering back to the passages in the bible as read them in the books. Try to understand the background context of these portions of scripture.

Leviticus and Hebrews are two of the really fundamental books which truely explain and take you in to some very important teachings of the bible and they really stretch and challenge us a lot.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Without knowing the co tent how do you intend to do that.
Well, I look up about it on Google. Decide if the lessons and information in the book is what I feel I need right now. Will it build my knowledge, inspire me etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums