England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A gentleman and his wife came to greet us as we were getting into our car after the first service. I did not recognise him immediately,but his face looked familiar. I apologised for not knowing this name and the moment he mentioned his name,my mind went back 54 years to when I received Christ,as my Saviour. He was my youth leader! What a joy it was to talk to him after all those years. It is so good to meet old friends! What memories do you have of old friends?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A gentleman and his wife came to greet us as we were getting into our car after the first service. I did not recognise him immediately,but his face looked familiar. I apologised for not knowing this name and the moment he mentioned his name,my mind went back 54 years to when I received Christ,as my Saviour. He was my youth leader! What a joy it was to talk to him after all those years. It is so good to meet old friends! What memories do you have of old friends?

A girl I slept with on a youth retreat pointed out her name tag at a conference 20 years later. It was amazing to see her face re-focus into the girl I had known. It was a happy meeting, because we there was nothing sexual about the overnight only affair.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

What a blessing it is to run into old friends, there's really nothing quite like it. I enjoy it so much when my path crosses with those who I grew up with and went to church with! And it always seems like it happens at the time when it is needed most, nothing is coincidence with God. Have a blessed day!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It's wonderful how soon you are talking as though you had never been apart,when meeting an old friend!
Yes I have friends from the past that I see every few years and it is as if we are taking up where we left off...

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I remember someone from years ago back at school who used to hang around in a crowd of youths and made my life a nightmare. Back then she was an incredibly nasty person to a lot of people, including myself.

Many years passed and a few years, I got a friend request from her on a social media site. She told me in a message that she was sorry for the way she had treated me and I accepted her apology.

Since that time, we have been friends online and have shared very kind and supportive texts and messages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I have travelled all over the country and my vote for the friendliest, most neighbourly and helpful place is the North East.

I had a situation where I asked a passer-by for directions and they walked with me to show me where I needed to go.

I went to visit the home of a family friend who, it turned out, had recently passed away. The neighbour took us as complete strangers into their house to explain what had happened and offered us a cup of tea and sandwiches.

One day I got completely soaked in a rain storm and entered a coffee shop. The waitress went to get me a towel so I could dry myself and make myself comfortable. When I paid and left the coffee shop, I inadvertently left a £20 note on the table. The waitress came out into the rain and followed me up the pavement to give the £20 note back to me.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I am fortunate to have some good neighbours.

There is a lady in a flat opposite me that always says hello and she has dropped in for coffee.

I had a bit of an emergency with self-assembly furniture a while ago (not the first time!) and I knocked on my next door neighbour's door and he lent me a set of screwdrivers.

There is a neighbour in the flat above me who likes to play his piano. It got so troublesome late in the evening that I wrote a polite note saying that his piano playing was superb and offered him a nice set of headphones so he could enjoy playing it after midnight!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am fortunate to have some good neighbours.

There is a lady in a flat opposite me that always says hello and she has dropped in for coffee.

I had a bit of an emergency with self-assembly furniture a while ago (not the first time!) and I knocked on my next door neighbour's door and he lent me a set of screwdrivers.

There is a neighbour in the flat above me who likes to play his piano. It got so troublesome late in the evening that I wrote a polite note saying that his piano playing was superb and offered him a nice set of headphones so he could enjoy playing it after midnight!
We had 2 neighbours who played piano when I was young, the one next door played but not too late, I thought he was so good. Then there was my friend's father who played by ear. He inspired me, and I really wanted to play the piano. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
We had 2 neighbours who played piano when I was young, the one next door played but not too late, I thought he was so good. Then there was my friend's father who played by ear. He inspired me, and I really wanted to play the piano. :)
My neighbour upstairs does play very well, but after 12am it was getting a bit too much! I did think of winding him up by playing Vivali's Summer Presto on Youtube and connecting via my loudspeakers so he might have thought I that my playing was superior and that I was a genius, but thought it would be a bit childish of me! ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a grand piano that can be heard outside in the garden and next door. My neighbour says she likes to hear it, but I play my little Kemble piano mostly, in my music room, which cannot be heard. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0