Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, we all have wants and needs.
Who is it that has wants and needs? It is definitely not your innermost being, your living soul, which is who you really are.

Only your false-self, that self which identifies as being flesh and body, which falsely has wants and needs.
Remember that you have a body, but you are not the body. Similarly, you have a vehicle to get around in, but you are not the vehicle. If you believe you are the body, then when the body dies so will you.

Matthew 10:39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

...Both involved should take care of each other...
...in Truth, Love and Faith. Anything else is about maintaining the body as a vessel, as a vehicle.

She belongs to me
and I belong to her.
Nobody has the right to own anybody else. Everybody holds the power to make choices.

What you are describing is dependency on the other person to make you feel okay. As soon as the other acts independently, your false-self will feel threatened by your wants and needs not being met. The disharmony gets more distorted than it was from the start of the selfish relationship. What I just described is called, by this world, as co-dependency. Dependency on having wants and needs met sets up conditionality.

Unconditional love for each other keeps the other free to follow their truth, love and faith according to God's will. Not be each others will.

I am just reminding you, that a relationship is based on two innermost beings attracted to each others Truth, nourishes each others inner being with truth, love and faith. There is no room for false-selves in any true relationship. The false-self can never be trusted, and as soon as you do trust it, you will be led astray as a lost sheep without the shepherd.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Nobody has the right to own anybody else. Everybody holds the power to make choices.

He may have been referencing this:

1 Corinthians 7:4
"The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does."

He can correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure ... just don"t fill up pages with text.

Keep your points/arguments manageable ...
When you get elected as sheriff of the forum then you can tell others how to post. Until then the ability and prerogative to ignore lengthy posts is all yours. I will endeavor to make the posts succinct where possible in an effort to work with your tolerances.

First: Is sin a divorce?

That manageable enough for you?

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nevermind
I'm truly sorry for the horrid behavior and advice in some of these posts. It's the internet. Please don't let the poor behavior others negatively effect your relationship with God or your view of the church. If you are interested in my advice, feel free to PM me. If not, I totally understand.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even God doesn't have a free will.
I am actually right in the middle of a most interesting article in the current issue of Messiah Journal (first fruits of zion) dealing with the question of free will.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe God is love and cannot do anything that rubs against that.
Big difference between "cannot" and "will not."

I go for the latter.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am actually right in the middle of a most interesting article in the current issue of Messiah Journal (first fruits of zion) dealing with the question of free will.
Please share what you learn Dave

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Big difference between "cannot" and "will not."

I go for the latter.
If God can, then he can send everyone in heaven to hell just to prove a point. We cannot trust him if he has a free will = no faith.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
If God can, then he can send everyone in heaven to hell just to prove a point. We cannot trust him if he has a free will = no faith.

No, I trust him and that he has free will. It's my faith in him that makes me believe that he wouldn't do the above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are many different reasons why someone could be divorced. Some divorced people it would be a blessing to know, others perhaps best to give them a wide berth. Therefore I don't think giving a blanket statement on divorced people would be fair. God Bless :)

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I trust him and that he has free will. It's my faith in him that makes me believe that he wouldn't do the above.
But free will means God can ignore his nature an act outside of it. = no basis for faith.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
But free will means God can ignore his nature an act outside of it. = no basis for faith.

Nope, if he didn't have free will, I wouldn't have faith in him as I wouldn't need to have faith. He would just do and that doesn't take faith to believe in.

What is the definition of faith?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope, if he didn't have free will, I wouldn't have faith in him as I wouldn't need to have faith. He would just do and that doesn't take faith to believe in.

What is the definition of faith?
Any change in God would be to imperfection. Do you think he can be less than perfect?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Any change in God would be to imperfection. Do you think he can be less than perfect?

No, and that also takes faith. Faith that he will do what he says.

You haven't answered my question. Please do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.