• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ok, I'm worried --please help!

tallyn75

Romans 8:28
Jul 27, 2007
Oklahoma
✟15,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been up on a high for almost 2 weeks and I'm starting to fall again. I've been on medication for about 5 years, and it seems to do nothing. I can't go back to the hospital --I won't!! It's tearing up my family! What non-medication things can I do to keep from falling so far? :(

M

mum24

In my area there's a DBT group that I could join that meets several times a week and includes individual therapy. That might help if you could find something like that.

If you are seeing a counsellor or doctor or therapist, tell them what's going on and that you don't want to go to the hospital and ask them how they can support you. Maybe they can see you more often or they might have other helpful suggestions.

Other than that, pray, get others to pray... Try to sleep and eat well, avoid triggers, stay around positive influences, exercise, you know all the usual suggestions.

My heart goes out to you. I know the feeling.

Hugs

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Routine sleep and wake time have made a huge difference for me, fonding that I need a certain amount of hours of sleep (for me it was less than I thought 7.5 when I thought I needed 9 or 10)

Praying for you. We have missed you around the forum.

Upvote 0

tallyn75

Romans 8:28
Jul 27, 2007
Oklahoma
✟15,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you both for you're replies. I will do my utmost to implement these suggestions. A set bedtime is probably most difficult as my kids don't fall asleep easy. Also I could stand to lose a few pounds.

Tallyn
*listening to "Beautiful, Beautiful" by Francesca Battistelli

Upvote 0