Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
It must be traumatic to endure a lot of robberies, knowing there is no security system.
Companies have problems with employees using the property for their own daliances, moonlighting, entertainment, whatever. People get comfortable and feel like they own the space.

We all hear stories on the news of people who help friends rob stores, owners trying to get insurance money... there are many possible sides to a story. It is sad that she was fired after a traumatic moment, but the company had already suspected something, or else was concerned about insurance guidelines and liability. She did not own the property.

If she shouted out the drive-through window, then she was probably not in the office doing paperwork. Maybe I am being unmerciful, especially for a 23-year employee. But it's a little suspicious that the robberies only happened when she was working.

Balance Undercover Boss with Restaurant Stakeout.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She was fired for staying in the store long after closing, not for fleeing as I first heard it on facebook.

Which is why Facebook and Twitter are good only for cute cat pictures and stupid people tricks.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟322,168.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Company policies that prevent lone employees from working late alone make sense!

Just one person and end of the day so perhaps lots of money in the till. Heck, very likely someone counting it up for a bank deposit. Perfect to rob.

This person had already been written up for the same infraction and warned a future reoccurance would lead to termination. I don't see how the company could have done anything different.

She got fired for tha actions that made the attempted robery likely. For someone that had already been robbed 3 times that is pretty difficult to forgive.

BTW from what i have seen most firms don't choose to write people up for the first offense.

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And if she had not cleaned up the store for the morning crew she would have been fired as well. I have worked for places like that. You are expected to have the store clean by the time you lock up, but there are times when you are short handed and have last minute rushes and one poor key holder is left at the end of the shift with a trash store and has to make the choice to stay late and clean up which means the owner will be angry for having to pay overtime--or they expect you to clock out, but still clean up. So you're pretty much working for free. But if you get robbed you're employer can do something like this--fire you. And god forbid you are hurt during the robbery because then your employer can refuse to pay any medical bills since you were either off the clock or in violation of company policy.
But if you do not clean up, you could still get fired because the morning shift will come in and see that the store is not clean and ready to go and will complain to the owner.

It's like where I work, I have 7 minutes after my shift has ended to clock off. so if my shift ends at 4pm I have to be off the clock by 4:07. But I CAN NOT leave my post without permission. So even if it is 4:05 I can not clock out if I have not been given permission to leave. There has been times when I have been written up even by one manager for not clocking out on time even though I was told by another manager that I could not leave yet.

Upvote 0