Of course you know about the religious right...

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why spoil it for you? The bootstrap myth is foundational to social conservatism.
You say it’s a falsehood. It should be easy to show proof then.
I bet you defend having a practically open border because we need the workers, right?
Then turn around and say there aren’t any jobs.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You say it’s a falsehood. It should be easy to show proof then.
I bet you defend having a practically open border because we need the workers, right?
Then turn around and say there aren’t any jobs.
I didn't say there weren't any jobs, I said some people can't get one, or not without an impractical amount of difficulty. You really don't want to be discussing this with me, I'm a workforce development trainer (ret'd) and I have been working with laid-off people for 30 years. Keep your myth, I'll retract my statement, that will be best for both of us.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say there weren't any jobs, I said some people can't get one, or not without an impractical amount of difficulty. You really don't want to be discussing this with me, I'm a workforce development trainer (ret'd) and I have been working with laid-off people for 30 years. Keep your myth, I'll retract my statement, that will be best for both of us.
When I got out of law enforcement I had to take a minimum wage job in a warehouse. In 4 months I was the warehouse manager and earning more than I did in law enforcement.
I know there are people in difficult situations and it’s not practical for them to take a job at Walmart but you would be amazed at what you can do when you don’t have any other choice and you have to find a way to support yourself

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
When I got out of law enforcement I had to take a minimum wage job in a warehouse. In 4 months I was the warehouse manager and earning more than I did in law enforcement.
Could you read and write acceptably? Had you ever at least seen a computer before? I presume you didn't have an arrest record. Did you have a callback number? A decent credit rating? Clean clothes?

I know there are people in difficult situations and it’s not practical for them to take a job at Walmart but you would be amazed at what you can do when you don’t have any other choice and you have to find a way to support yourself
If you were willing to impersonate an illegal alien you could always go down to the Home Depot parking lot early in the morning and wait around. You could get a day laboring job that way. Maybe. In the meantime you could lose your house and your wife and kids could move in with relatives. St. Paul would be proud of you.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you read and write acceptably? Had you ever at least seen a computer before? I presume you didn't have an arrest record. Did you have a callback number? A decent credit rating? Clean clothes?

If you were willing to impersonate an illegal alien you could always go down to the Home Depot parking lot early in the morning and wait around. You could get a day laboring job that way. Maybe. In the meantime you could lose your house and your wife and kids could move in with relatives. St. Paul would be proud of you.
I don’t think Paul would have any issue with people like you are describing getting help and I’m sure he wouldn’t recommend starving them.
There were plenty of people with arrest records working in the warehouse and there was one man who couldn’t read but he could find any product you asked him to, he knew what the packaging looked like.
It was a good job until the company decided to close that warehouse and I had to start over again.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Same sex marriage is a Christian sin
Sex (male and female) is a scientific fact that goes back 6 billion years to when we were pond scum. If you want to justify same sex marriage you first have to explain why we are male and female. Science has an answer for that for reproduction.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Well. that's not true. Even the Bible says that David had eight wives and his son had more than that.
They say Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. God does tell David if he wanted more wives, all he had to do was ask. But Jesus tells us from the beginning God wanted Adam and Eve to be married for life. WE see this in the prairie vole. They mate for life because of hormones in the brain. This is why a lot of popular music centers around how breaking up is hard to do. Esp. Taylor Swift songs about romance gone bad. Look at Abraham, he had a child with Hagar his wife's handmaiden. Look at all the problems that has caused. So we have the free child and the child of bondage. A situation we had in the south where you had house slaves and field slaves. The mammy would be teaching them: Don't be acting like no common field hand, you are much better than that, so act accordingly.

Upvote 0