I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently played Oculus quest 2 at my relatives house....which is a virtual reality game. It is so much fun. I love the simulated jobs..cooking..mechanic, etc. When I left, I told.her now I need to get one. I went home and looked up and the info, and found out you have to have a Facebook account, which I do....but...it is a game system owned by Facebook...which we all know who owns that. I started thinking if it would be bad for me to get something like this..since I'm a little hesitant about information being connected to a reality game..and is this system actually calculating your moves, etc., and keeping tabs on you and what your house looks like...OR am I being over paranoid. The only technology I own is my cell.phone..which I already know they pick up what you say.
Does anyone have a oculus game?

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure the big tech giants are unable to hear your prayers but they'll have a good idea what your interests and hobbies are through the choices you make while playing. They keep track of these things for two basic reasons. To see whether if it affects gameplay like, is this to difficult or to easy for their clients? Second if there's something else they can sell to you.

Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I recently played Oculus quest 2 at my relatives house....which is a virtual reality game. It is so much fun. I love the simulated jobs..cooking..mechanic, etc. When I left, I told.her now I need to get one. I went home and looked up and the info, and found out you have to have a Facebook account, which I do....but...it is a game system owned by Facebook...which we all know who owns that. I started thinking if it would be bad for me to get something like this..since I'm a little hesitant about information being connected to a reality game..and is this system actually calculating your moves, etc., and keeping tabs on you and what your house looks like...OR am I being over paranoid. The only technology I own is my cell.phone..which I already know they pick up what you say.
Does anyone have a oculus game?

It looks like it could be a lot of fun, but the need to connect to a FB makes it not worth it. Facebook requires people to use their actual account and will block dummy accounts, which means that all games that were purchased with that account will be blocked. Or if you use your actual account, but a few years down the line you get your account blocked for expressing a political viewpoint that Facebook doesn't approve of or for any other reason, then you lose access to all of the games that you purchased. I'd also prefer not to support Facebook. The are alternative VR headsets that you can, but the Oculus 2 is generally cheaper because they get your data. The relatively lower cost makes VR more accessible to the average consumer, which can be good for VR as a whole by popularizing it, though it also stifles competition, which can be bad for VR as a whole. If you have a PS5 or if you are planning on getting one, then you might want to consider waiting for the PS VR2 coming out in a year or so. Or you can get a Valve Index, HP Reverb G2, or HTC Vive Pro.

Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like it could be a lot of fun, but the need to connect to a FB makes it not worth it. Facebook requires people to use their actual account and will block dummy accounts, which means that all games that were purchased with that account will be blocked. Or if you use your actual account, but a few years down the line you get your account blocked for expressing a political viewpoint that Facebook doesn't approve of or for any other reason, then you lose access to all of the games that you purchased. I'd also prefer not to support Facebook. The are alternative VR headsets that you can, but the Oculus 2 is generally cheaper because they get your data. The relatively lower cost makes VR more accessible to the average consumer, which can be good for VR as a whole by popularizing it, though it also stifles competition, which can be bad for VR as a whole. If you have a PS5 or if you are planning on getting one, then you might want to consider waiting for the PS VR2 coming out in a year or so. Or you can get a Valve Index, HP Reverb G2, or HTC Vive Pro.

Thank you..makes alot of sense. I don't really like being on fb, but I do like the support groups I'm in..and I show my artwork for my etsy shop.
I will look into those other ones you mentioned. I don't have a ps5, just a switch. :)

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you..makes alot of sense. I don't really like being on fb, but I do like the support groups I'm in..and I show my artwork for my etsy shop.
I will look into those other ones you mentioned. I don't have a ps5, just a switch. :)

You're welcome. Ya, it's hard to leave the FB groups for me too. I think it is only a matter of time before Nintendo gets more involved in the VR market. They already have a Labo VR Kit that you might want to check out, but they could be doing so much more. That seems right up their alley, so I'm surprised that PlayStation appears to be beating them to the punch, though it would be cool if the next model Switch that they release is more VR friendly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome. Ya, it's hard to leave the FB groups for me too. I think it is only a matter of time before Nintendo gets more involved in the VR market. They already have a Labo VR Kit that you might watch to check out, but they could be doing so much more. That seems right up their alley, so I'm surprised that PlayStation appears to be beating them to the punch, though it would be cool if the next model Switch that they release is more VR friendly.

I wish they would! Nintendo needs to step it up. I love animal crossing lol..and of course Mario. I had the atari game when it first came out..then the Nintendo systems.
But that oculus is awesome...just a shame it's tied in with fb. I had so much fun trying to cook someone food, and putting tires on a car.

Upvote 0