✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Mass readings today speak of Abraham’s Faith, yet we know: great as Abraham’s faith was, Mary our Mother surpasses all the men and women God created. For God loved the world so much He sent His only begotten Son through Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit to save us.

Mary’s Faith and Humility “out-shines” Saints in both Old and New Testaments. St. Hedwig was given great graces of Humility, and St. Margaret Mary was given great Love for the Sacred Heart of Jesus; we celebrate their Memorials, but we know Mary surpasses all saints in Humility and Love for God. The Catechism of the Catholic Church in paragraph 971 states it clearly:

971 “All generations will call me blessed”: “The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.” The Church rightly honors "the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blessed Virgin has been honored with the title of ‘Mother of God,’ to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs… This very special devotion … differs essentially from the adoration which is given to the incarnate Word and equally to the Father and the Holy Spirit, and greatly fosters this adoration." The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, an “epitome of the whole Gospel,” express this devotion to the Virgin Mary.

The word “intrinsic” means we cannot do without it – it is "essential" Let us thank God for the gift of Mary today and everyday, but especially on Saturday. Let us offer reparation to Her Immaculate Heart, remembering her great Faith, Saturday after Jesus’ death – when others doubted - Mary believed Jesus would rise, as He said. Mary, Mother of the Church, pray for us. Readings are from the 28th Saturday in Ordinary time:

Reading I (Rom 4:13, 16-18)

…It was not through the law that the promise was made to Abraham and his descendants that he would inherit the world, but through the righteousness that comes from faith. For this reason, it depends on faith, so that it may be a gift, and the promise may be guaranteed to all his descendants, not to those who only adhere to the law but to those who follow the faith of Abraham, who is the father of all of us, as it is written, I have made you father of many nations. He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into being what does not exist. He believed, hoping against hope, that he would become the father of many nations, according to what was said, Thus shall your descendants be.

Responsorial (Ps 105: 6-7, 8-9, 42-43) “The Lord remembers His covenant forever”​

Alleluia (Jn 15:26b, 27a) “The Spirit of the Truth will testify to Me says the Lord, and you also will testify.”​

Gospel (Lk 12:8-12)

Jesus said to His disciples: “I tell you, everyone who acknowledges Me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God. But whoever denies Me before others will be denied before the angels of God. “Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.”

Come Holy Spirit, fill us as you filled Mary, with Jesus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie