• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

ocd...forgiveness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is only one way to be justifies in the eyes of God. And that is through the propitiation provided by God for mankind.

And that is Jesus Christ. If someone does not accept God's free Gift of eternal life, God is just and righteous and must give that person what they deserve for their crimes.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

God doesnt want anyone to reject Him.

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
im talking about blasphemey of the Spirit. so did Jesus die for all sin or did he die for the forgiveness for all sin. if he died for the forgiveness of all sin & you do what God has said in order to recieve it then, how can their be and unforgivable one...thats what im asking??

Jesus paid it all he died for the sin of every sin even the one that is unpardonable ..one thing i am sure of theologically about this issue is that the unpardonable sin has nothing to do with a lack of the atonement for that sin.

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im talking about blasphemey of the Spirit.
Yes so am I. It is rejection of Jesus Christ. That is the only unforgiveable sin.

so did Jesus die for all sin or did he die for the forgiveness for all sin. if he died for the forgiveness of all sin & you do what God has said in order to recieve it then, how can their be and unforgivable one...thats what im asking??
Jesus died and paid the price for sin so that we may be reconciled with Him.

But only those who would accept it through Faith. If you do not accept it by Faith than you are rejecting Christ.

Those who reject Christ are leaving themselves in a place where there is no forgiveness.

Why? See my above post. He is the only way (John 14:6)

Don't mix up blasphemy for what the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was really about :)

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
im talking about blasphemey of the Spirit. so did Jesus die for all sin or did he die for the forgiveness for all sin. if he died for the forgiveness of all sin & you do what God has said in order to recieve it then, how can their be and unforgivable one...thats what im asking??

he died so that we could be forgiven ... but he also died for all sins ..

It is only unforgiveable because that person places themselves out of the reach of the Grace of God ...not because God wants to condemn them .

Upvote 0
C

Caty

Jesus paid it all he died for the sin of every sin even the one that is unpardonable ..one thing i am sure of theologically about this issue is that the unpardonable sin has nothing to do with a lack of the atonement for that sin.

like i said, im not trying to challenge you or anything or argue but in your opinion how does that become unforgiveable?

Upvote 0
C

Caty

he died so that we could be forgiven ... but he also died for all sins ..

It is only unforgiveable because that person places themselves out of the reach of the Grace of God ...not because God wants to condemn them .

sorry i posted my other one too soon, so do you think that this person does that by committing this sin, how do you get placed out of Gods grace?

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
sorry i posted my other one too soon, so do you think that this person does that by committing this sin, how do you get placed out of Gods grace?

The only way to place yourself outside of his grace is to reject his grace .

A minister once told me that the gospel is a genuine offer to whomever comes across it .

I can assure to the upmost that your thoughts do not constitute the unpardonable sin .. regardless of what you believe that sin to be .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
The only way to place yourself outside of his grace is to reject his grace .

A minister once told me that the gospel is a genuine offer to whomever comes across it .

I can assure to the upmost that your thoughts do not constitute the unpardonable sin .. regardless of what you believe that sin to be .

do you think someone can do that even if they are not meaning too, like if they had the thought or did what the unpardonable sin is, do you think that they can reject his grace if thats not what they are meaning to do?

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes and NO ... Yes if they live a life time of rejecting his Grace then yes, that doesn't apply to you though Caty that is more than obvious ..

But also No ...it can't be done just willy nilly it is something very deliberate knowingly willfully and understanding the full implications of what one does .

Upvote 0
Yes and NO ... Yes if they live a life time of rejecting his Grace then yes, that doesn't apply to you though Caty that is more than obvious ..

But also No ...it can't be done just willy nilly it is something very deliberate knowingly willfully and understanding the full implications of what one does .

but what if you know about this, but you were not thinking about it at the time it happened??

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i promise im not trying to start a debate or challenge anything, but i want to put my fears to rest some...i want to be forgiven so badly & i want to know what you all think...okay, if Jesus died for the forgiveness for my every sin...then why is there an unforgiveable sin??

I believe Jesus was just making a point that He is the only way to salvation and that the unforgivable sin is rejecting Him in spite of the miracles, the love, and His death and resurrection (all done by the power of the Holy Spirit). I believe it is a state of utter darkness of the spirit of man, unable to discern from light (Holy Spirit) and darkness (demonic activity) as was the state of the Pharisees when they were following around Jesus while He was performing miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit and they were saying that He was performing those miracles by the power of beelzebub.

Also the Pharisees were experts of the Law and they were also teachers of it and of prophesy, these people knew that Jesus would one day come, but they rejected Him anyway. They were in a horrible spiritual state and as Jesus said of them they were unforgivable because they had rejected their Saviour and instead of believing that He was from God they said that He came from the devil!

How horrible is that! I pray that none will end up in such a state. Caty you are no where near this awful state of mind and spirit. You love God and He loves you, you are sealed by the blood of Jesus to an everlasting covenant, you will never be forsaken, and you are loved for eternity!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just read the whole thread:o, I think this will better answer your questions...

This is the one and only unforgivable sin because it makes you unable to believe in and receive the miracle of the new birth, that only comes through salvation through the blood of Jesus and the renewing of the Holy Spirit. These souls are lost and without hope because they have rejected the only Saviour of mankind and most likely they will never come to God. They are lost and have already condemned themselves because they do not believe in the only begotten Son of God. There may still be hope for someone like this if they return to God, but that is basically impossible for that would mean that God's grace would have to be imparted to them for they to ever have the option of repenting (because the seeking of Christ for salvation is only possible if the Holy Spirit initiated it). And since they want nothing to do with Jesus and have thought as Him as no better then the devil then that is highly unlikely. But Paul thought like this for a time before his conversion, so if God is willing He is able to save anyone, nothing is impossible with God, although it may seem impossible to us. His grace knows no bounds, He is almighty and His mercy endures forever!

There is nothing you could do Caty that God would not forgive, that doesn't mean you can sin freely, but it is the reason we love Him so much because He first loved us, and we know that since He has invested His grace in our salvation we know that He will never forsake us. He is able to save to the uttermost and will never allow His people to stay astray for long. His sheep know His voice and His sheep know no other and they will follow no other. You are safe in His hands, Christ is a faithful and just High Priest, He will always forgive us for anything we do as long as we bring it to Him in repentance and faith.

You also must learn though that your salvation is not based on your works of the Law and works of righteousness, we have nothing to add to our salvation other than faith in Jesus' finished work on the cross. Our salvation is only based on Jesus Christ's righteousness that God bestowed on us when we believed in the finished work of the cross of Christ for the cleansing and salvation of our sins through the cross of Christ that He suffered for all who will believe (His own).

God accepts and loves you not based on your performance and battle with sin but based on you choosing to believe on His Son for salvation. "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boost." (Ephesians 2:8,9)

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
how does someone know they are beyond His grace???????

Generally speaking it is when they absolutely no longer care ...

and i dont mean having days where you dont care because you are so tired with mental illness ..i mean you absolutely dont care again ...

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus died a horrible death so that you may live through His grace. The only thing that can separate you and God is rejecting that he is the son of God.

Even then like a lost lamb God is always searching for you. So there is no measuring sin.

You are a child of God a beautiful child in His eyes and He loves you. When we do things that we should not God does not walk away. Its like looking at a parent who is dealing with a child who has gotten into trouble. The parent never stops loving the child, but in a healthy home the parent teaches the child in a loving way, sometimes having to be a bit firm, but always loving.

If you look back with your walk in Christ you will see how His hand has gently moved in your life, at times it is a bit more firm but again always loving.

Reactions: Gazelle
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.