• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD fear after reading Romans 14:22-23

Scared but trusting God

Apr 25, 2020
United States
✟15,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I was reading the Bible and came across 14:22-23. After reading this I got scared because I realized that my mind convinces me so many non sinful things are sins due to OCD. For example, last week my obsession was about meat being a sin even though I know it isn’t. I’m scared that I’m condemned for doing these things now. I feel so lost and terrified right now. Please help

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So I was reading the Bible and came across 14:22-23. After reading this I got scared because I realized that my mind convinces me so many non sinful things are sins due to OCD. For example, last week my obsession was about meat being a sin even though I know it isn’t. I’m scared that I’m condemned for doing these things now. I feel so lost and terrified right now. Please help

Try reading this book it may help.
Beyond Doubt: How to Be Sure of Your Salvation
Shawn Lazar

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I really relate to this. am interested in what the responses will be?

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well you can't take verses out of context like that, you have to look at what it say in complete context. You may need to talk to a Doctor about this anxiety and POCD, it seems because of this lock down it is causing massive anxiety and we see it here a lot. Rest assured these thoughts you have are not real

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Read Romans 8. There is NO condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Let the truth settle in your heart and set you free.

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 14:22 Hast though faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

Your condemnation is all self condemnation (Happy is he that condemneth not himself). None of this condemnation is from God so go back to Romans 8:1 and rest in that, so you will know that there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. Also go back to Romans chapters 3 thru 5 and notice how many times it says we are justified freely by his grace.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Upvote 0